Character Discussion How much y’all wanna bet Dragon will be like commander Erwin?

Dragon didn't have a single combat related feat or portrayal in the series. So far, he was hiding on an island fighting fodder wars in countries, was driven out of his base by BB and send his executives into a suicide mission while sippin some tea.

His entire hype rests on the fact that he is the dad of the MC, son of Garp and most likely has the highest bounty.

Don't get me wrong, i wank Dragon myself and think that he is a Top 3 fighter, but he sure as hell wasn't portrayed like a beast in the past 900 chapters
Beast isn't the right word but everything points out towards him being a top tier and one of the strongest characters of the série.

When he appears, Smoker who is presumably untouchable (before we were introduced to haki) was scared.
He is the leader of an organisation defying the celestial dragons and we have seen how bad it can turn when you attack them.

Son of Garp and father of Luffy is already a good portrayal.

Overall I think his hype is legit unlike a few characters that have bad feats but are still wanked to the moon (not going to name any name).

H

Haoshoku

Absolutely not lmao. AoT is a verse where having leadership skills and tactical wits is far more relevant. Dragon has been indirectly hyped up via Luffy’s CoC outburst in Marineford, he’s not just the No.1 Revo for show. There’s a clear strength based hiearchy, there’s a reason why Sabo is no.2 and why Ivankov isn’t.

Yes, but his role will ultimately come down to being the "scabbards" in the final war just on a global scale. Taking down IM and the Gorosei will be the final task of this series, Dragon and the Revos will attempt it, but fail so that the heroes can pull through like they always do.

Best case scenario for Dragon is for him to have history with Akainu, so that he can beat him by EOS otherwise i fear that he'll just be hype tooled against IM
Why so sure that don't warrant Dragon being broken? I mean Im Sama might be the strongest in OP verse if he's indeed End fight. If Dragon fight him, the man could easily be Top 3-4.

Imagine if he fights Im Sama, before Luffy n Teach together fights him, maybe throw Kidd in as well given he's also D.:catsure:
(Maybe not, but still this fight warrants Dragon being one of the Strongest Top Tiers)

Dragon won't beat Akainu, it don't make any sense. :gonope:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Oda doesn't like bad writing.

Sabo > Dragon in terms of power levels = bad writing.
It wouldn’t be bad writing, but it would be inconsistent with how Oda portrays crew hierarchy lol. There is nothing wrong with bosses having subordinates who are stronger than them, if it’s for the right reasons.

Erwin for example, was promoted to Survey Corp commander because of his tactical abilities and his focus on the minute details of different plans and such. Levi was promoted to captain because of his “strength”, IE his Titan killing ability. It makes much more sense for someone like Erwin to fill a commanding role then it does for Levi who’s only specialty is Titan slaying. Someone like Erwin is just much better suited to lead than Levi is.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t be bad writing, but it would be inconsistent with how Oda portrays crew hierarchy lol. There is nothing wrong with bosses having subordinates who are stronger than them, if it’s for the right reasons.

Erwin for example, was promoted to Survey Corp commander because of his tactical abilities and his focus on the minute details of different plans and such. Levi was promoted to captain because of his “strength”, IE his Titan killing ability. It makes much more sense for someone like Erwin to fill a commanding role then it does for Levi who’s only specialty is Titan slaying. Someone like Erwin is just much better suited to lead than Levi is.
Oh I mostly define bad writing as boring writing but I totally see your overall point. Thanks for specifying the details about Erwin's character too.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
More and more with each day. After part 2 of the Reverie, I lost my interest in him completely and it was already little.

Dude is never mentioned among the strongest people.

Just "Most wanted man".

Remember knowledge might be more expensive than ur combat skill in OP world.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yes, but his role will ultimately come down to being the "scabbards" in the final war just on a global scale. Taking down IM and the Gorosei will be the final task of this series, Dragon and the Revos will attempt it, but fail so that the heroes can pull through like they always do.

Best case scenario for Dragon is for him to have history with Akainu, so that he can beat him by EOS otherwise i fear that he'll just be hype tooled against IM
He can also fight the head of the CD and win or the head of the CP0

But obviously Dragon will fail before Imu and Luffy will save the world (i hate it already)

I have Dragon top 2 currently just below Kaido

Last edited:
Don't think so...! His appearance at chapter 99/100 hinted that he has strong df (possible air manipulation, which match es with his theme ie freedom) .
Also at MF Marin vice admiral (one of the high ranked) hyped his CoC . Which is indicate his CoC level (possible Shanks , Rayleigh level) . Overall he is indeed top dog (hype wise)

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Don't think so...! His appearance at chapter 99/100 hinted that he have strong df (possible air manipulation, which match es with his theme ie freedom) .
Also at MF Marin vice admiral (one of the high ranked) hyped his CoC . Which is indicate his CoC level (possible Shanks , Rayleigh level) . Overall he is indeed top dog (hype wise)
He also have a personal fighting style and martial arts : the dragon style (claw breath etc)

And given Sabo good COA I think that could hype Dragon's one

He also have a personal fighting style and martial arts : the dragon style (claw breath etc)

And given Sabo good COA I think that could hype Dragon's one
Yes...In Sabo's back story , it was mentioned that Dragon and Kuma were the highest level fighters in the organization...
His character design is enough to tell that he is monster...:catrude: