Character Discussion The Great. Captain. USOPP. [ANALYSIS]

Disclaimer: I feel like this isn't that strong of a Convincing thread, nor is it my best work; so for my fellow Usopp fans, please add any supplemental evidence you have as well to support this case. I will attach it to the thread with Creds. Also, if you don't want me to tag, please don't hesitate to say so.

Anyways, the Great Captain Usopp

From his introduction, I did noooooooooooot like this guy a single bit. I did not like his nose. I did not like his weak demeanor. I did not like him in Syrup Village. In Water7. Not even in Enies Lobby as Sogeking. But Thriller Bark, Usopp hit Different. That's when I knew why I did not like him, and why I should, and what Usopp is capable of achieving.

This is a thread dedicated to one of my favorite Strawhats now. After several rereads and re-watches of One Piece, I came to realize; like Chopper, that Usopp is one of the more misunderstood, tragic, human, and real characters. I feel for Usopp. I can understand Usopp. I can see his struggles and why he had his conflict with Luffy. It was written as clear as day on paper, when that duel at W7 came about unlike a certain twirly browed idiot.

Usopp is a Conqueror. That's right, roll your eyes, downplay, disagree, hate all ya want. This is what I did not like at first. [I should also preface this to say, Usopp is a gag character comparable to Buggy. However, given that he is a strawhat and has such a close tie to Luffy, he will earn this "power up".] He is very human, he according to Oda is the weakest crewmember. He has to rely on wit, ingenuity, and critical thinking on the spot to win fights and survive. He has to rely on willpower for most, if not all the fights. The real monster within him, is that Willpower.
  • From the very beginning, we learn that Usopp goes on these magnificent voyages finds all kinds of amazing things, has command of 8000 men. Which is all fraudulent and lies. However, what is true, is that Usopp has his own Pirate Crew. Albeit its only four members, including himself, Usopp is a captain. NOT a subordinate, yet.
  • In this arc, he fights for Kaya his friend, and gives his life to protect her, regardless of the strength and intimidation imposed by Captain Kuro.
  • At the end of this arc, Luffy and Zoro request Usopp to join their ship. Usopp is hesitant then obliges that, he gets to be Captain.
    • Sound familiar? That's right, Zoro said the same thing to Baroque Works Agent Number 7.
  • Usopp goes onto fight foes that are leagues above his pay grade and skill level. But this, can be said about all strawhats. But there's a major difference.
    • Chew: A Fishman, who is 20X stronger than him
    • Mr3/Mr5: Devil Fruit Users, who he outsmarted
    • Mr4/Mrs. Merry Christmas: ICONIC, this was a moment comparable to Nothing Happened. Usopp puts on his Big Boy Pants and drags his nuts across the face of these two, with Chopper as his witness.
    • W7: Fights Franky Family On his Own
    • Luffy: Usopp asserts his pride on the line whilst challenging Luffy. This was a stupid reason. But this is because he was insecure and felt weak,. Luffy got rid of the Merry because she couldn't swim no more, and Usopp felt the same, so he thought, it would be best to leave first with Merry as the prize. It's clear cut and dry.
    • Enies Lobby: Shoots at and burns the WG Flag, this moment has massive implications on the narrative
    • Perona: Super Chad Usopp does what the rest of his crew can't. That's taking on the woman that breaks Wills. Perona broke Zoro, Luffy, and even Franky's will with ease; and with Usopp, he turned into a something different.
      • It is here where we see how EOS Usopp will act.
      • He will become the REAL SNIPER KING. KING. An abstract King, at the pinnacle of a category; just like Zoro or Luffy will. Just like Mihawk and Ryuma were. Just like Whitebeard, and the ambitions represented by Ace.
      • Later in the Boin Archipelago (the place where Usopp spent his timeskip), he asserted exactly that. He would become a real Sniper King for Luffy. Just like Chopper who said he would become a real Monster for Luffy. And just like Zoro who put aside his pride for Luffy.
    • Dressrosa: The Sugar fight was one of the biggest factors to Doflamingo's downfall. This exposed and brought all of the darkness to light. It had turned Usopp to a King, a God even, within Seconds. He is the reason Luffy gained so many strong fighters within the Grand Fleet.
      • This specific moment is comparable to several CoC users
        • Luffy: 5600 member Grand Fleet, because of his Ambitions, Attitude, Strength, Charisma, and those under him.
        • Hancock: Island of Women that are strong haki users serving under her, with great admiration, love, and respect.
        • Whitebeard: 50 Allied Ships, Strength, Rivaled the PK, Territory, WSM, and Emperor of the Seas
        • Kaido: Strong Military, Strong Subordinates, 30,000 Troop members, WSC, Emperor of the Seas
        • Big Mom: Supreme Intelligence Network, Massive Family as her Subordinates
        • Dragon: Entire Revolutionary Army capable of going against the WG, Super Strong Combatants Serving him, Worlds Most Dangerous Man
        • Don Chinjao: Massive Fleet, Happo Navy, 1000+ members, strong subordinates
        • etc etc
      • The Point of these individuals is to show they amassed Several Thousands Subordinates or those who served under him. And Usopp did this very thing. He had thousands of individuals under him briefly. This was a taste, just like how Dressrosa was a mini scale War compared to Wano. I believe in Elbaf, when Usopp does become the Brave Warrior of the Sea, and his lies become true, he will have thousands of Giants serving under him, and that's also when he awakens his CoC.
      • Dressrosa teased CoC with Usopp, as he lied about it to the Tontatta's. Also he awakens CoA that arc. And on top of that, the way he defeats Sugar is unconventional as well. She passes out to his presence. Kind of similar to CoC, no? She passes out twice due to this, cementing a point.

I understand CoC is rare. And full crews, Yonko's don't even have more than 1, but Luffy is built different. Rogers crew had four confirmed CoC users (Roger, Rayleigh, Shanks, Oden). Xebecs crew had four confirmed CoC users (Xebec, WB, BM, Waido) and maybe Shiki, although I doubt it. So this is to say Luffy's crew could have Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, maybe Yamato if she joins.

Another issue with this theory is that, Usopp needs to be strong, since CoC users were Monsters in their Own right. And there are a lot of ifs to make him strong. But let's see what Oda does with him.

Anyways, I'm going to ride with my boy nonetheless. I believe he will awaken CoC. Plus, I heard and cannot confirm if this is true, but Kappei Yamaguchi (Usopp's VA) is also like best friends with Oda, so him getting all those clutch victories and fights Pre and PoTS, and all that clout, could be explained. But this can be disregarded, as I assume, Oda does not factor these things into the story.

Tags: @Luffy bin Dragon @Seth @bennbeckman @Cinera @Jew D. Boy @Light D Lamperouge @Don DaSlayer @Kuro Ashi @Celestial D. Dragon @Kromage911 @Oblivion @Finalbeta @Paperchampion23 @AdmiralKinyagi @Ice devil slayer @Marimo_420 @BangMi @Fuckthis3 @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @Le Fishe D. Crydo @KiriNigiri @rerere @yj @etc etc etc

Last edited:
Franky up next :moonwalk:
Probably weeks later tho

Also thanks man
:steef:

Geat job bro
:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Usopp had the best character development out of the straw hats and you cant change your mind. From almost universally hated because of his cowardness to being almost universally respected and loved, he literally became the opposite from what was implied initially for his personality.

Unselfish - brave - caring - respects his crew

You see him admitted that hes wrong to get back to the crew after his duel with luffy and apologise , this wouldnt happen at when he was introduced and saying luffy will become the pirate king not too long ago. Who would have though usopp would come so far? Not to mention how cool he looks post time skip and how useful his techniques were, compared to before time skip.

Can you convince me he didnt have the besr character development in one piece ?

Doubt you can

Usopp is already a brave warrior of the sea

:kata:

Last edited:
:steef:

Geat job bro
:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Usopp had the best character development out of the straw hats and you cant change your mind. From almost universally hated because of his cowardness to being almost universally respected and loved, he literally became the opposite from what was implied initially for his personality.

Unselfish - brave - caring - respects his crew

You see him admitted that hes wrong to get back to the crew after his duel with luffy and apologise , this wouldnt happen at when he was introduced and saying luffy will become the pirate king not too long ago. Who would have though usopp would come do far? Not to mention how cool he looks post time skip and how useful his techniques were, compared to before time skip.

Can you convince me he didnt have the besr character development in one piece ?

Doubt you can

Usopp is already a brave warrior of the sea

:kata:
Is Usopp the only character with Character development? Maybe Zoro but I don’t see anyone to contest this theory.

• Dressrosa: The Sugar fight was one of the biggest factors to Doflamingo's downfall. This exposed and brought all of the darkness to light. It had turned Usopp to a King, a God even, within Seconds. He is the reason Luffy gained so many strong fighters within the Grand Fleet.
    • This specific moment is comparable to several CoC users
      • Luffy: 5600 member Grand Fleet, because of his Ambitions, Attitude, Strength, Charisma, and those under him.
      • Hancock: Island of Women that are strong haki users serving under her, with great admiration, love, and respect.
      • Whitebeard: 50 Allied Ships, Strength, Rivaled the PK, Territory, WSM, and Emperor of the Seas
      • Kaido: Strong Military, Strong Subordinates, 30,000 Troop members, WSC, Emperor of the Seas
      • Big Mom: Supreme Intelligence Network, Massive Family as her Subordinates
      • Dragon: Entire Revolutionary Army capable of going against the WG, Super Strong Combatants Serving him, Worlds Most Dangerous Man
      • Don Chinjao: Massive Fleet, Happo Navy, 1000+ members, strong subordinates
      • etc etc
    • The Point of these individuals is to show they amassed Several Thousands Subordinates or those who served under him. And Usopp did this very thing. He had thousands of individuals under him briefly. This was a taste, just like how Dressrosa was a mini scale War compared to Wano. I believe in Elbaf, when Usopp does become the Brave Warrior of the Sea, and his lies become true, he will have thousands of Giants serving under him, and that's also when he awakens his CoC.
    • Dressrosa teased CoC with Usopp, as he lied about it to the Tontatta's. Also he awakens CoA that arc. And on top of that, the way he defeats Sugar is unconventional as well. She passes out to his presence. Kind of similar to CoC, no? She passes out twice due to this, cementing a point.
While your points for Dressrosa are very detailed, it isn't exhaustive yet.
You missed a huge point that supports the idea of Usopp being a conqueror alongside Luffy and Zoro :

I wonder if it is also a foreshadowing that Luffy's, Zoro's and Usopp's dreams will be the ones with the most focus on ...
:zorothink:

While your points for Dressrosa are very detailed, it isn't exhaustive yet.
You missed a huge point that supports the idea of Usopp being a conqueror alongside Luffy and Zoro :

I wonder if it is also a foreshadowing that Luffy's, Zoro's and Usopp's dreams will be the ones with the most focus on ...
:zorothink:
I realized this several weeks later.
Luffy/Usopp/Zoro will have CoC on the crew.

If you have anything else to add. Please do.