Speculations I think next time we go to the roof it will only Kidd Luffy and Law standing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh yeah? The cover page featured Zoro and Luffy killing Kaidou too.
Inb4 but but Sanji was on the cover page with Big Mom and Luffy too
Sanji did what he does best at WCI, cooking.
Adding to that,
The cover of Luffy/Sanji and Big Mom behind them had a title which translates to; destroy the tea party> Luffy destroyed the tea party.
And this cover is similar and it translates to; two pirates killing the evil spirit.
It's crazy how Oda puts things in front of their eyes but they are too blind to see it.

entirely more viable threats than Kaido and Big Mom.

this is just how story telling works
it will fall on deaf ears unfortunately.
Totally, I'm surprised its that hard of a concept to grasp. I never saw Kaido as anything more threatening than 2 characters (Shanks and Blackbeard) Oda has built for literally 2 decades.

Its like when Don Krieg and his crew, and all of the Baratie chefs claimed he was the "Strongest in East Blue". Clearly he wasn't lol when Luffy and Arlong existed. This is a shonen. Blackbeard, Shanks, Akainu, Im or any other focal point villain/antagonist/foil for Luffy will be stronger than Kaido and Big Mom.
Post automatically merged:

Adding to that,
The cover of Luffy/Sanji and Big Mom behind them had a title which translates to; destroy the tea party> Luffy destroyed the tea party.
And this cover is similar and it translates to; two pirates killing the evil spirit.
It's crazy how Oda puts things in front of their eyes but they are too blind to see it.
I think the problem is, Oda drew that jump cover literally at a time where it was solely Luffy and Zoro for like 5 chapters alone in Act 1 and Luffy had Nidai Kitetsu. The "Evil Spirit" in this case is just everything taking over Wano at the time. They are the sole reason the leftover town in Kuri was saved. I think we really need to stop overblowing Jump covers.

he also made kaido pull out his hybrid form..........
i have seen law job with an unseathed sword . (doffy)
theory rest on a cool panel with the three captains
aside from that , no evidence towards that. zoro is the main person protecting luffy for those ten minutes.
killer going down/dying is just an easy target for people cause he's the weakest on the roof.

they either all go down or they dont imo
Zoro never made kaido pull out hybrid form.

We never got to see the extent of laws power due to him constantly using stamina throughout dressrosa.

Don’t know what your talking about but that zoro protecting luffy thing for ten minutes is headcanon. They are fighting rn. I don’t know why people think that zoro is gonna only protect luffy and not fight during those ten minutes.

There’s no way Oda doesn’t off screen someone like zoro or killer

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Zoro has the best feats portrayed on panel out of that rooftop. Whomever believes differently has not harnessed enough of the actual gist of what's going on.

Of course postulating that Luffy will come up with flamboyant power ups is fine, same for Kidd, the same could be even more easily done about Zoro nonetheless. Does Asura remind people of something I do wonder.

Gotta say, I fundamentally disagree about this. I actually don't take Kaido's title as serious as maybe some others do on this forum, and also entirely believe Luffy will have his solo fight against Kaido. Maybe you see where I'm coming from after hearing me out:

1. The first thing that makes me doubt the entre veracity of Kaido's title is the fact that Kaido and Big Mom are essentially considered equal by all accounts. Their clashes, the fact they fought for hours at a stalemate. The sheer confidence in Big Mom in potentially killing Kaido (and vice versa). And finally just their equal stature next to each other this whole arc just entirely establishes the idea that they are effectively equal, which already hurts the idea that Kaido's title of WSC is exclusive to mean he's the "Strongest Pirate".

2. Secondly, this page from 1001:

Not only does he not have Big Mom here (someone who has been pretty much been his contemporary for decades), he's essentially questioning if Luffy could reliably fight him at that point. Only 5 other men are on here, including Shanks. This brings me back to the point of "Strongest Pirate". Rocks, Oden, Whitebeard and Roger are dead. Shanks is not. This effectively means that Shanks is as just of a viable threat to Kaido or Luffy. Luffy defeating Kaido does not lower this ideal that Shanks and even Blackbeard are weaker than him. Hell, Blackbeard is growing virtually the same way as Luffy is. As Kaido has said, we don't know "how far their ceiling will go".

3. Relating to the picture above, Luffy is the sole focal point here. Not Zoro, Killer, Kidd or Law. Yes, I get it, they have all hurt Kaido in some form, but in typical Oda fashion, he entirely and exclusively highlights Luffy where it matters. This is something that has been consistent in the 2 decades the manga has been serialized, and I don't expect it to change at this point.

4. Its just entirely clear to me that Shanks and Blackbeard are on a whole other level of relevance, importance and likely threat level than Kaido and Big Mom. Oda decided to tackle Kaido and Big Mom first, not Blackbeard or Shanks. This should effectively tell people that regardless of what happens this arc, they will be entirely more viable threats than Kaido and Big Mom.

5. This also makes it obvious to me that even if Kaido is defeated by Luffy only, this wouldn't even include people like Akainu or Im because they are not pirates, nor do we truly have comparators to show us that they are weaker or stronger. Hell, Im hasn't even been revealed yet.

I just think that post Wano, we are moving into an entirely different ball game with the series. Luffy and potentially Kid become the next Yonko or destroy the concept of Yonko entirely (i.e. nobody is a Yonko anymore). Blackbeard is still gaining power. Shanks is an enigma. Akainu has been stated by Oda to be on of the most powerful people in the series, specifying that if he was the main character, the series would have "been over quickly". Im is nothing until we know more.

I hope this gets my point across. I think we take Kaido's title way too seriously for what it truly is: An overbearing confidence in a pirate's power, just like Perospero this past chapter riding on the coattails of his mothers power of "Yonko". We all know that the concept is being flipped on its head by the end of this arc.

This is why I think Luffy will fight and probably solo Kaido by the end, as "unbelievable" as it may seem right now.
You and I just fundamentally disagree on Kaido, we'll see what happens as the story progresses

Zoro has the best feats portrayed on panel out of that rooftop. Whomever believes differently has not harnessed enough of the actual gist of what's going on.

Of course postulating that Luffy will come up with flamboyant power ups is fine, same for Kidd, the same could be even more easily done about Zoro nonetheless. Does Asura remind people of something I do wonder.
The problem with this mindset is assuming Zoro will still overshadow Luffy, the main character of the series, by any means and at any point during a Yonko fight.

This isn't Naruto lol. Oda has never portrayed Zoro above Luffy and Oda actually keeps Luffy front and center. You definitely know how this forum as accused fucking Oda of being a Luffy wanker. The author.....

And Asura reminds me of a move that hasn't been used since Chapter 510, nearly 500 chapters ago so.....no lol. If he does it, it still won't overshadow a new Gear 4th form or Gear 5 or awakening. Just like it Asura didn't overshadow Gear 2 or 3 back in Enies Lobby, just like Asura was the 2nd to last hit on that Pacifista before Luffy delivered the finishing blow.

It will always be Luffy. I really don't get why I have to explain this to people who have read a 1000 chapters of a manga that has primarily focused on Luffy lol. Like ya'll don't remember when there was a 100 chapter side arc that only had Luffy and no other strawhats?

You and I just fundamentally disagree on Kaido, we'll see what happens as the story progresses
And thats a good mindset to have, lets agree to disagree.

Zoro never made kaido pull out hybrid form.

We never got to see the extent of laws power due to him constantly using stamina throughout dressrosa.

Don’t know what your talking about but that zoro protecting luffy thing for ten minutes is headcanon. They are fighting rn. I don’t know why people think that zoro is gonna only protect luffy and not fight during those ten minutes.

There’s no way Oda doesn’t off screen someone like zoro or killer
are you reading my post
"Zoro never made kaido pull out hybrid form. "
where did I state this.
you: I just don’t think Oda will do that especially since he hasn’t made law unsheathe his sword and Kidd combine the metal with haki.
he also made kaido pull out his hybrid form..........
he referring to oda.

"We never got to see the extent of laws power due to him constantly using stamina throughout dressrosa."
no we did
the extent is the stamina drain.

"Don’t know what your talking about but that zoro protecting luffy thing for ten minutes is headcanon. They are fighting rn. I don’t know why people think that zoro is gonna only protect luffy and not fight during those ten minutes."

he is fighting to protect luffy atm
he isnt going to drop him on the sideline and fight for selfish reason till luffy recovers. cutting kaido last chap had more to do with protecting luffy. that isnt killer or kidd's job.

"There’s no way Oda doesn’t off screen someone like zoro or killer"
lol
someone like the second most popular character in the series ?
we dont get to see how he falls ?

what a joke.

zoro isnt carrot
if he is losing something he promised not to do in east blue
it will be on panel .

comparison to killer is only as far as sn's go
as far as story importance
he is the second most important character in this story. period.

are you reading my post
"Zoro never made kaido pull out hybrid form. "
where did I state this.

"We never got to see the extent of laws power due to him constantly using stamina throughout dressrosa."
no we did
the extent is the stamina drain.

"Don’t know what your talking about but that zoro protecting luffy thing for ten minutes is headcanon. They are fighting rn. I don’t know why people think that zoro is gonna only protect luffy and not fight during those ten minutes."

he is fighting to protect luffy atm
he isnt going to drop him on the sideline and fight for selfish reason till luffy recovers. cutting kaido last chap had more to do with protecting luffy. that isnt killer or kidd's job.

"There’s no way Oda doesn’t off screen someone like zoro or killer"
lol
someone like the second most popular character in the series ?
we dont get to see how he falls ?

what a joke.
why would Oda care about zoro being the second most popular character? Oda did sanji dirty for years and he is the 3rd most popular character. Why would Oda wanna make it on screen?

By the time we go back to the roof it will most likely be only 3 or 4 standing

Just watch and see what happens. I bet next time we go back to the roof zoro is down and luffy is up.

just wait for the next time we go back to the roof.

It’s either everyone is up or 1/2 people are down and I believe it will be killer and zoro first.

Another great thread to age like milk
my threads so far haven’t aged like milk

It's a LukeGranders theory, I guess we know what's happening.... Not that....
good luck in the future

why would Oda care about zoro being the second most popular character? Oda did sanji dirty for years and he is the 3rd most popular character. Why would Oda wanna make it on screen?

By the time we go back to the roof it will most likely be only 3 or 4 standing

Just watch and see what happens. I bet next time we go back to the roof zoro is down and luffy is up.

just wait for the next time we go back to the roof.

It’s either everyone is up or 1/2 people are down and I believe it will be killer and zoro first.

my threads so far haven’t aged like milk
"Oda did sanji dirty for years and he is the 3rd most popular character. Why would Oda wanna make it on screen?"
again not reading properly
the times when sanji was "done dirty", it was on panel. kidd and killer can lose to kaido and that can be offpanelled as it were , put zoro and luffy in that same circumstance their loss would have to be shown.

its a great character moment
he wouldnt offpanel zoro losing or zoro feeling like he isnt strong enough.

this will have to be addressed on panel.

as for killer just an easy target to pick off
he dies
muh he loses.

"It’s either everyone is up or 1/2 people are down and I believe it will be killer and zoro first."
cool you opened up the thread and started begging tac to lock it up
pls dont do that again till we get to the roof.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The problem with this mindset is assuming Zoro will still overshadow Luffy, the main character of the series, by any means and at any point during a Yonko fight.

This isn't Naruto lol. Oda has never portrayed Zoro above Luffy and Oda actually keeps Luffy front and center. You definitely know how this forum as accused fucking Oda of being a Luffy wanker. The author.....

And Asura reminds me of a move that hasn't been used since Chapter 510, nearly 500 chapters ago so.....no lol. If he does it, it still won't overshadow a new Gear 4th form or Gear 5 or awakening. Just like it Asura didn't overshadow Gear 2 or 3 back in Enies Lobby, just like Asura was the 2nd to last hit on that Pacifista before Luffy delivered the finishing blow.

It will always be Luffy. I really don't get why I have to explain this to people who have read a 1000 chapters of a manga that has primarily focused on Luffy lol. Like ya'll don't remember when there was a 100 chapter side arc that only had Luffy and no other strawhats?
This is somewhat how the Dragon Ball Z fans had conceived it by taking previous series as models, before the Cell arc came into existence and then they realized they had been foolishly deceived by the superficial layer of their original thought processing.

What happened so far in this arc is pretty consistent with Zoro probably ending up to be shown as least as strong as Luffy even on the long term of this arc, independently from who will defeat whom or shine the most, which can be more likely relatable.

Anyone who thinks that Zoro's main and only fight in this war will only last a few panels..... I don't want to be disrespectful to him and call him dumb but he doesn't know shit about OP. That's a fact. That's like saying Sanji's opponent will defeat him in a few panels.
- Oda dedicates for each straw hat's fight at least (3 to 4 chapters) + many panels. And this guy thinks that Zoro's role in this war/fight is over after a few panels LOL!!! Just think about it for a second guys. - If Zoro goes down then Luffy and Law are going down too.

This is what I believe will happen,
I think Oda obviously wants to divide the 5 supernovas into two teams.

Team killing Kaido; Zoro and Luffy.

Team defeating Big Mom; Law and Kid. Killer will get killed by Big Mom.

Guys you are setting yourself up majorly for disappointment lol. There's zero chance that the arc where Luffy surpasses a Yonko, Zoro overshadows him lmao.
Sorry, he already did in the past. Several times.
1. Arlong Park arc. The arc where Luffy defeated biggest East Blue villain. Zoro overshadowed him by making Arlong shitting his pants after seeing his injury caused by Mihawk. While Luffy the fool got thrown to the pond and had villagers saved him from death.
2. Alabasta arc. The arc where Luffy defeated the first Shichibukai. Zoro overshadowed him by performing BoAT / advanced CoA, same technique Luffy never even heard of until 2 years later. While Luffy got 2 Ls against Crocodile and only won with "my hand is bleeding so it's wet" bs.
3. Thriller Bark arc. Zoro overshadowed him again with "Nothing happened" scene while Luffy already passed out and didn't have any clue what's going on.
4. Dressrosa arc. Zoro overshadowed him again by sending Fujitora flying with 1 sword style and under gravity pressure while Luffy had major problem against Doffy despite Law and gladiators' help.

1. Arlong Park arc. The arc where Luffy defeated biggest East Blue villain. Zoro overshadowed him by making Arlong shitting his pants after seeing his injury caused by Mihawk. While Luffy the fool got thrown to the pond and had villagers saved him from death.
2. Alabasta arc. The arc where Luffy defeated the first Shichibukai. Zoro overshadowed him by performing BoAT / advanced CoA, same technique Luffy never even heard of until 2 years later. While Luffy got 2 Ls against Crocodile and only won with "my hand is bleeding so it's wet" bs.
3. Thriller Bark arc. Zoro overshadowed him again with "Nothing happened" scene while Luffy already passed out and didn't have any clue what's going on.
4. Dressrosa arc. Zoro overshadowed him again by sending Fujitora flying with 1 sword style and under gravity pressure while Luffy had major problem against Doffy despite Law and gladiators' help.
1. Zoro never overshadowed luffy in wrong park luffy had 2 scenes that shone the most

2. Mr prince moment fire fist scene and luffy Gatling shone the msor

3. That is true

4. Zoro didn’t overshadow shit now you are lying.

Anyone who thinks that Zoro's main and only fight in this war will only last a few panels..... I don't want to be disrespectful to him and call him dumb but he doesn't know shit about OP. That's a fact. That's like saying Sanji's opponent will defeat him in a few panels.
- Oda dedicates for each straw hat's fight at least (3 to 4 chapters) + many panels. And this guy thinks that Zoro's role in this war/fight is over after a few panels LOL!!! Just think about it for a second guys. - If Zoro goes down then Luffy and Law are going down too.

This is what I believe will happen,
I think Oda obviously wants to divide the 5 supernovas into two teams.

Team killing Kaido; Zoro and Luffy.

Team defeating Big Mom; Law and Kid. Killer will get killed by Big Mom.
no one is dying on the roof Jesus I already explained this to you. There will be a banquet thrown after wano. The likely person to die is Marco which makes sense. A banquet doesn’t make sense if killer dies. Kidd isn’t gonna celebrate.

Wrong.

Zoro is performing just the world is Luffy and better than the other two captains.

All the lastest cover showed was the three captains. Nothing more or less. They're not equal to Luffy's strength or portrayal.

Worst case scenario is Luffy ask Zoro to protect pineapple (Marco) who's about to be killed by King. Zoro leave to defeat King and then returns to help take Kaido's head.

:seriously:

Literally all of this, except for #3 is subjective bs and is based on your obsession with Zoro lol. Oda spent more chapters on Luffy surpassing all of those villains than anything Zoro has done in each of those arcs because he's the main character, it's not changing with this one. It never will lol. But sure if Zoro cuts Kaido badly, it will be your subjective opinion to say that Zoro overshadowed Luffy even if Luffy defeats him.

And to use the Kuma one is frankly dumb because you entirely missing the point of the scene. Luffy fought the arc villain and won. He was passed out, defeated. Yes, Zoro protected him from Kuma, and it was amazing character work from Oda to show that Zoro was WILLING TO GIVE HIS LIFE FOR LUFFYS DREAM. Do not forget what that entire scene meant. It wasn't meant to "overshadow" Luffy. It was meant to show how great Luffy's right hand man was in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.