General & Others Oda is the king of false hype and recycled events running in circles

Oda needs to retire becaue the quality of his writing is obviously getting worse and worse. Wano has been nothing short of false hype. Countless subplots that have yet to be answered and yet here goes Oda continuing to add more subplots to the story without even addressing any of the past subplots. False hype after false hype. Nothing annoyed me more than Kaido mentioning Joy Boy because I know that was straight up a fan service dialogue to make the fandom think it is something important.

Let me give advice to the fandom, if Oda continues to mention important concepts without elaborating or addressing them, then that is the defintion of false hype and fan service. Stop falling for such crap! I can't believe 60 percent gave the current chapter 5/5 where literally recycled ass events occurred i.e. yet again Kiku vs Kanjuro, yet again Yamato fighting fodder for the thousand chapter, yet again for the third f-ing time Kaido has momo, yet again Kinemon getting knocked out by Kaido, yet again Luffy for the THIRD f-ing time being knocked out by Kaido. So much terrible writing. Just let me take over One Piece because even I can write better than this crap.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Oda needs to retire becaue the quality of his writing is obviously getting worse and worse. Wano has been nothing short of false hype. Countless subplots that have yet to be answered and yet here goes Oda continuing to add more subplots to the story without even addressing any of the past subplots. False hype after false hype. Nothing annoyed me more than Kaido mentioning Joy Boy because I know that was straight up a fan service dialogue to make the fandom think it is something important.

Let me give advice to the fandom, if Oda continues to mention important concepts without elaborating or addressing them, then that is the defintion of false hype and fan service. Stop falling for such crap! I can't believe 60 percent gave the current chapter 5/5 where literally recycled ass events occurred i.e. yet again Kiku vs Kanjuro, yet again Yamato fighting fodder for the thousand chapter, yet again for the third f-ing time Kaido has momo, yet again Kinemon getting knocked out by Kaido, yet again Luffy for the THIRD f-ing time being knocked out by Kaido. So much terrible writing. Just let me take over One Piece because even I can write better than this crap.
Please post your story here: X

If your work attracts enough people, then I'll ask Boo to dedicate a section for your manga. WG will help you in every way possible to publicize your story. I'll even allow you to post chapter discussion threads. The manga world needs more people like you.

Good luck man.

I can't believe 60 percent gave the current chapter 5/5 where literally recycled ass events occurred
  • 2 potential deaths
    • I personally loved Kanjuro's last lines and believe that he's dead. Kiku is dead or should die next chapter maybe.
  • Kaido knows about Joy Boy
    • This is important no matter how you put it.
  • You 'become' Joy Boy?
    • This has important implications on the story because now it makes it sound like it's not about reincarnation but inherited will.
  • Momo needs to stay alive because of something
    • Needs to stay alive for the final war? Is he an ancient weapon? etc. Again, various important implications and not just 'false hype'.
  • Momo's head pains suddenly
    • This happens right after he says that he needs to live and it seems like something's trying to talk to him like back in Zunisha. Is there another creature near to him? Is Zunisha here? Again not 'false hype' but something that's meant to be important in the future.
  • Onigashima finally reaches Wano mainland
    • This alone makes it a good chapter for me as it means that the story is moving forward and they're about the reach the capital any time now, lol.
Yeah, an easy 5/5, for me at least.

Just let me take over One Piece because even I can write better than this crap.
You do realize that Oda doesn't just have to keep just week-to-week entertainment in mind but also the whole story? A lot of things that seem useless and 'false hype' do seem important in the long run. While I agree with some of your criticisms such as incomplete subplots, please don't pretend that you can write the whole story better than the person who has been doing it for 24 years.

Luffy for the THIRD f-ing time being knocked out by Kaido
Makes sense. He should not be able to defeat the implied strongest person in the verse just after getting a power-up yet. You call Luffy losing terrible writing but many more people would've called it just that if Luffy had won without any further stakes in the fight.

Please post your story here: X

If your work attracts enough people, then I'll ask Boo to dedicate a section for your manga. WG will help you in every way possible to publicize your story. I'll even allow you to post chapter discussion threads. The manga world needs more people like you.

Good luck man.
Lmfao this is not how I envisioned how this thread will turn out.
Post automatically merged:

@Kromage911 how about learn how to read, maybe? Never did I ever say Kaido mentioning Joy Boy isn’t important. I specifically said, FALSE HYPE! Last time I checked, false hype doesn’t have the same definition of “not being important”. Typical fanboy response, not even understanding the criticism before replying. Also I literally said in my comment “IMPORTANT CONCEPTS” in my post. Don’t ever @ me again with such nonsense.

Last edited:
potential deaths
  • I personally loved Kanjuro's last lines and believe that he's dead. Kiku is dead or should die next chapter maybe.
This is the problem with this, potential as in as a OP fan you can never feel sure a character is dead, you think of them dead you appreciate this moment then later they turn out alive, come back to this moment and be like an idiot for believing they are dead.

You 'become' Joy Boy?
  • This has important implications on the story because now it makes it sound like it's not about reincarnation but inherited
This sounds like incarnation tho because he's looking for Joyboy and we all know Luffy is Joyboy. Inherited will = another way of not spelling incarnation

Inherited will = another way of not spelling incarnation
No....inherited will is inheriting the will of someone...reincarnation is person himself born again.....anyone can inherit the will...

I specifically said, FALSE HYPE! Last time I checked, false hype doesn’t have the same definition of “not being important”. Typical fanboy response, not even understanding the criticism before replying.
That is not false hype....that is just showing Kaido knows something about joyboy story and we also get to know that joyboy is not just a person who will reincarnate, but someone who can become....it will be expanded later, it is not as if one piece ended with chapter 1014....I bet if you are, you will write Kaido sitting there and narrate the whole joyboy story himself without any context or anything......typical pretentious "critic" response....this itself will show your "writing" skills and basically I can tell "if you write a story, you can't even entertain 10k readers.."

Last edited:
@Kromage911 how about learn how to read, maybe? Never did I ever say Kaido mentioning Joy Boy isn’t important. I specifically said, FALSE HYPE! Last time I checked, false hype doesn’t have the same definition of “not being important”. Typical fanboy response, not even understanding the criticism before replying. Also I literally said in my comment “IMPORTANT CONCEPTS” in my post. Don’t ever @ me again with such nonsense.
What does false hype even mean in your opinion other than hyping up things that won't be that important in the future? Care to explain?

This is the problem with this, potential as in as a OP fan you can never feel sure a character is dead, you think of them dead you appreciate this moment then later they turn out alive, come back to this moment and be like an idiot for believing they are dead.
Yeah, if even one of the those deaths aren't real then this chapter is coming down from an easy 5 to a 3.5 for me. I honestly liked Kanjuro's death even tho I didn't care about him a lot.

This sounds like incarnation tho because he's looking for Joyboy and we all know Luffy is Joyboy. Inherited will = another way of not spelling incarnation
Luffy is meant to and will inherit Joy Boy's will, that's for sure. The thing is that if it's about inherited will and not straight-up reincarnation then that would mean that other candidates still had a chance. It's just that Luffy inherited it because of his actions and strong will power. But this is just what I want to happen honestly and I'm being hopeful because of what Kaido said this chapter, not something I'm completely sure will happen.

Oda doing fake hype,fake deaths, repetitive plots and dragging is old news now !

characters now are acting OUT OF CHARACTER.
Big mom hearing that kaido killed Luffy while laughing was so terrible...she forgot why she came to wano and why she declared war against kaido lmao

That is not false hype....that is just showing Kaido knows something about joyboy story and we also get to know that joyboy is not just a person who will reincarnate, but someone who can become....it will be expanded later, it is not as if one piece ended with chapter 1014....I bet if you are, you will write Kaido sitting there and narrate the whole joyboy story himself without any context or anything......typical pretentious "critic" response....this itself will show your "writing" skills and basically I can tell "if you write a story, you can't even entertain 10k readers.."
Just stop it dude. "It will be expanded later" like how Doflamingo secret regarding the celestial dragon was "expanded"? Or how keeping Jinbei and his crew battle vs Big Mom a secret was "expanded"? Or how Marco stupid secret note towards Luffy was "expanded"? I can go on and on. Oda continues to keep EVERYTHING a secret so that he can "expand" it later, which is the definition of FALSE HYPE! Keeping eating up anything Oda writes. It's fans like you why One Piece is getting worse since yall eat up anything.

Another Oda apologist
It's up to you how you view me or in which drawer you put me in.

I, for one, would not criticise an artist's work until that work is finished.

To stay with Oda, I would like to say that One Piece is a manga that is published in volumes, and in each volume there are several chapters.

This is Oda's way of making it available to readers.

Just as I would never criticise The Hobbit book in single sentences, I would never criticise One Piece in single chapters.

If you don't like a chapter it's perfectly normal, not every chapter can be equally dramatic or equally exciting. It shouldn't be, because a chapter is a fraction of a whole.

In my view, extreme criticism of individual chapters is short-sighted, impatient and insubstantial.

It's up to you how you view me or in which drawer you put me in.

I, for one, would not criticise an artist's work until that work is finished.

To stay with Oda, I would like to say that One Piece is a manga that is published in volumes, and in each volume there are several chapters.

This is Oda's way of making it available to readers.

Just as I would never criticise The Hobbit book in single sentences, I would never criticise One Piece in single chapters.

If you don't like a chapter it's perfectly normal, not every chapter can be equally dramatic or equally exciting. It shouldn't be, because a chapter is a fraction of a whole.

In my view, extreme criticism of individual chapters is short-sighted, impatient and insubstantial.
One piece fanboys: how can you judge a 1000+ chapter manga, how can you judge a 100+ arc, how dare you ?

me::okay: