General & Others A baby that was born when Wano started will start kindergarten before Wano ends

One piece pacing makes no sense. No author needs more time to write a SINGLE arc than the time it takes a baby from learning their firsts words to being able to do basic arithmetic especially when there were THREE separate arcs that served as set up.

Vast majority of One Piece readers are males in their 20s and I seriously don’t understand how they continue to make One Piece one of the top selling mangas.

Last edited:
Basically,everytime Oda starts a new arc,its like he starts a new series. So for every arc he has to create a lot of new characters,and characterize all of them in a detailed way. He has to create secondary plotlines,while actually,in the vision of the main story,the arc itself is a secondary plotline inside the story! By the way,another example of Oda's slowness is this one: Wano started in June 2018,when there was the World Cup in Russia,and according to many people,it could end in Late 2022,when there will be the new World Cup in Qatar! Incredible!

Wano is the second most important arc in the entire series, so it being long isnt unexpected at all. Beware that there is only one saga left(which will probably be around 200 chapters or 5 or 6 years long), so the end isnt that far away.
Now having said that, yes act 1 and 2 could be a little shorter.

What? Your math sucks. My son was born march 2018, about the time Katakuri was defeated in Japan... Viz had only recently released volume 85. And he only just turned three a while back. He cannot qualify for PRE K until fall of next year and that's about 50 chapters away.

@Charlotte Sky is this you too or did y'all just fall out the same tree?

"Vast majority of One Piece readers are males in their 20s and I seriously don’t understand how they continue to make One Piece one of the top selling mangas."
Where that info comes from?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
One piece pacing makes no sense. No author needs more time to write a SINGLE arc than the time it takes a baby from learning their firsts words to being able to do basic arithmetic especially when there were THREE separate arcs that served as set up.

Vast majority of One Piece readers are males in their 20s and I seriously don’t understand how they continue to make One Piece one of the top selling mangas.
:vistalaugh: