Questions & Mysteries Shanks is undefeated in wars?

has any known figure defeated Shanks in a battel?

• Total voters

Shanks talks about how a man can grow by both defeat and victory

and he stated he was part of countless battels
it's true he is been part of big epic wars ever since he was merely 12 or even before than that

but at same time

in 957 WG implied Shanks crew is undefeatable and impregnable
Whitebeard , Kaido , Big Mom , Shiki , Rocks and ...
all of them lost more than 1 wars or another crew overpowered them in one way or another

so do you think any one defeated Shanks in a war?
or he is just like Gold Roger : undefeated

if yes, who?

Luffy's Benchmark for becoming "Greatest Captain" is Surpassing Shanks Crew
So saying Red-Hair Pirates lost to another Crew or Organization would make Luffy's Chapter 1 Dream Lackluster
This is why i believe Red-Hair Pirates never Lost

Shanks is Current Greatest Pirate & his Crew are Current Greatest Crew/Commanders imo
And i don't think Straw Hats will surpass them in 1 v 1 Fights, but more like their Performance in Final War

Shanks will Fail to Defeat Final Villain (Im-Sama) while Luffy Succeeds
Beckman will Fail to Lead the Army against Villain's Army while Zoro Succeeds
Yasopp will Fail to Snipe Someone or Something while Usopp Succeeds
... etc

What big wars has he even fought in?
it is implied he fought with Whitebeard and Kaido at very least

you can't expect him to fight in a Marine Ford level war cause there is no other Marine Ford level war in his life time

but did any Yonko or Marine beat him among those "countless" battels he is talking about?
or even ex-Rocks member ...
Post automatically merged:

Luffy's Benchmark for becoming "Greatest Captain" is Surpassing Shanks Crew
So saying Red-Hair Pirates lost to another Crew or Organization would make Luffy's Chapter 1 Dream Lackluster
This is why i believe Red-Hair Pirates never Lost

Shanks is Current Greatest Pirate & his Crew are Current Greatest Crew/Commanders imo
And i don't think Straw Hats will surpass them in 1 v 1 Fights, but more like their Performance in Final War
while I agree ... Shanks did talk about being defeated is part of life ...

so was he talking about before becoming a captain?

while I agree ... Shanks did talk about being defeated is part of life ...

so was he talking about before becoming a captain?
Well, there is difference between Rookie Captain & Established Captain for me
No Rookie is Free of Loss, what Shanks meant is that everyone Tastes Defeat when they dedicate their Lives to such Journey (Piracy)
So yes, Shanks definitely lost when he Started Young

But i was talking when Shanks Finished Recruiting the Core Members & Settled in New World & his Crew reached it's Prime
So i'm talking about Shanks in Last 10 Years. I don't believe he ever Lost during this Period.

And this applies to other Yonko too but the difference is that Shanks Crewmates are Individually better than Other Yonko's
And also they are not from this Era, that's why i said Shanks & his Crew are currently "Greatest Crew"

I belive both roger = shanks. His coc might be stronger than roger if we recall what wb said at his ship
Also i think his crew alone can defeat whole bigmom pirates

Also shanks <<< mihawk

Shanks is equal to Roger but weaker than mihawk :choppawhat:
Why got a prob mate? Reylegh might suprassed roger at decads ago compare to how long he lived than roger. both swordsman but mihawk stated as top 1 swordsman in op universe while reylegh living. Old dying sick wb stated as Strongest man in the world while he is same era as reylegh.
Lol also roger is not even top 1 in his era.

Why got a prob mate? Reylegh might suprassed roger at decads ago compare to how long he lived than roger. both swordsman but mihawk stated as top 1 swordsman in op universe while reylegh living. Old dying sick wb stated as Strongest man in the world while he is same era as reylegh.
Roger is stronger than the old dying sick wb that is > Mihawk.

Just because Mihawk is the strongest swordsman of his Era does not mean he's the strongest of all time. Different eras exist

Roger is stronger than the old dying sick wb that is > Mihawk.

Just because Mihawk is the strongest swordsman of his Era does not mean he's the strongest of all time. Different eras exist
This make 0% sense. So you saying wb title valid only in his era? It even mention when shanks vs wb happens. Lol

U literelly ignore the reylegh part

Old databook stated Vista = milaugh Also milaugh never had duels with the redhead Yonko level and the redhead's vivre card stated;
shanks> milaugh
Red head yonko with one arm << Red head shanks with both arm <<< Mihawk top of all swordsmans

This make 0% sense. So you saying wb title valid only in his era? It even mention when shanks vs wb happens. Lol

U literelly ignore the reylegh part
The vivire card states that WB had his title during Roger's era and we know they stalemated eachother.

The difference with Mihawk is that he got his title after Roger and Rayleigh had retired

Rayleigh spend the rest of his days drinking and gambling he wouldn't have surpassed Rodger during those 20 years. Rayleigh also admitted that he gotten weaker

don't make this thread about 1 Vs 1 Mihawk > Roger agenda ... there are many threads for this shit

"battel" Battle.

Most likely Teach defeated Shanks in a battle. That is why Shanks has a scar and Teach doesn't have anything from that "situation" let's say like that.
and who helped him in that "battel"

if he "defeated" Shanks in a "battel" so Shanks should've had a crew
who was fighting for Teach
he was a random nobody back then , even WBP weren't aware of Teach Vs Shanks

it's unlikely as hell if he "defeated" him in a "battel"

interesting ... what is your theory ?

Last edited:

Shanks talks about how a man can grow by both defeat and victory

and he stated he was part of countless battels
it's true he is been part of big epic wars ever since he was merely 12 or even before than that

but at same time

in 957 WG implied Shanks crew is undefeatable and impregnable
Whitebeard , Kaido , Big Mom , Shiki , Rocks and ...
all of them lost more than 1 wars or another crew overpowered them in one way or another

so do you think any one defeated Shanks in a war?
or he is just like Gold Roger : undefeated

if yes, who?

Yes he had lost, when he's a rookie. In Yonkou era, no loss yet imo.