One Piece Episode 983 - The Samurai Warriors' Earnestness! The Straw Hats Land at Onigashima

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 2/5

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
the budget was gone for yesterday's episode lmao there's minor repetitive scenes... but i love these trio SN captains interact with their crew.

3/5
A good animation director to remember is Tu Yong Ce. Thus far he was the animation director for 972(Oden vs Kaido), and he is a pretty consistent animator as well.

His episodes are typically higher importance.

Next week has a weak animation supervisor as well, but the episode director is very strong.

A good animation director to remember is Tu Yong Ce. Thus far he was the animation director for 972(Oden vs Kaido), and he is a pretty consistent animator as well.

Next week has a weak animation supervisor as well, but the episode director is very strong.
wow thank you so much for the information :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Still had good animation lol
yes it is, but you know i'm not a big fan of repetitive scenes lol

"A weak animation supervisor as well" damn jazz you act like there was no good animated scenes this week lol

"A weak animation supervisor as well" damn jazz you act like there was no good animated scenes this week lol
Nah nah, there was.

This episode was interesting. It featured Toshio Deguchi and Shingo Fujisaki as animation supervisors(I believe for their respective halves).

Deguchi is well known for being a bit sloppy art wise, but he typically gets pretty heavily corrected by the chief animation directors Keiichi Ichikawa and Midori Matsuda.

Shingo Fujisaki is actually pretty decent. He's not exactly from Toei, being more from Studio Guts, which is probably one of the more solid studios that Toei sometimes outsources One Piece to.

Next episode is Shigefumi Shingaki as animation director. He's also a bit of an iffy animation director who requires lots of corrections, but I'm confident the episode will be fine because Yasunori Koyama is probably the best regular episode director on the series(Yasunori Koyama did episode 950, which is the Ashura Douji flashback, as well as 971, which was the beginning of the scabbards going to fight Kaido). He's a director that has a heavy emphasis on colours and imagery, some of which makes its way into the preview for next episode.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Indeed he was probably not one shot at all knowing his historical and also because we saw him back rather early.

Probably not "one shit" in a sense like Apoo totaly defeated, but... He made clear and demonstrated to Apoo who is superior here. He literaly pushed Apoo back into his place, under Kid. Kid showed dominance, overpowered him with a single hit (not even a comparable one to the Roof-Scenes) and left Apoo, not interested in him anymore. He doesnt need to defeat him anymore, or to make him unconcious, he easily overpowered and humilated Apoo.

About the Episode:
- Kid pirates laughing together with Killer to show they are a Unit and laughing is no weakness: Priceless. They are a family, like the strawhats!

- Luffys Crew and Kids Crew and their ships always on the same level, together shown. TOEI makes the rivality more than obvious!

- The giant sword directly after Kid smiling? I know what you did there TOEI!

- These Outfits are on point... Where are the cosplay? Maybe i am gonna cosplay Kid or Killer when i finaly got in shape for that. :D

Solid episode. Is it just me or Toei slowing down the pace and adding a bunch more filler scenes? I don’t think it’s bad, but the pace feels slow at times.

Eustass Kid looked like a real Luffy rival in this one. Feel bad for Killer. He went from serious top goon of a Top Supernova. To pretty much disabled Top Goon. The way Eustass and his crew laugh with Killer is some respectable shit. And shout out to Killer who maintains humility and doesn’t respond to Eustass Kid question of how this will be their win.

Onigashima is huge and imposing. This actually feels like a War Raid given the attitude and resolution of the Samurai.

Also big Apoo Clout incoming next few episodes.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
I remember when people were power scaling the Strawhats based on the horns they have. And of course the Sanji haters were on a damage control because Sanji only has one horn in that small panel. Turns out he has two curved horns like Luffy both in the anime and the manga. You love to see it.:cantseeme::cantseeme: