General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

G

Gorosei Informer

I just realised I posted this in the wrong thread, that's what sleep deprivation does to you!

:gokulaugh::saden::laughmoji::luffylaugh:

Ironically, thank you for helping me notice this! Idk if I should repost it elsewhere and delete that post?

:choppawhat::zorothink:

Also for an "unpopular opinion", I'm actually preferring the anime to the manga lately by far. It's far more entertaining to me, despite the pacing and OTT special effects. It's really doing Wano and now Onigashima favours, but I also find Ulti really obnoxious and irritating, despite how AMAZING her VA did on the voicework and thus delivery of her lines!

I'm also kinda glad Oda offscreened fights before in Wano as Onigashima fights are way better. At least Rooftop Piece especially of course. I really enjoyed what we got of Franky vs Sasaki especially in 1019 and I enjoyed Jinbei vs Who's Who a lot too. I'm really looking forward to Brook and Robin vs Black Maria now, much more than I already was too, which was already VERY high as I love both Brook and Robin.

I just think back to Dressrosa and Wano would have been even worse if had more drawn out fights and Oda focused on side characters fighting, like he could have done with Raizo vs Fukurokuju and if he actually drew out fights further like he could have done with Luffy vs Hashirama and Holdem. Ironically the anime did draw out those fights and they were worse for it too. Never forget Luffy vs Yonko Commander Batman, "the Bobbins of Kaido's crew" too!

I think Orochi has been greatly wasted and Oda bringing him back without explanation only for him to die against instantly to the Scabbards who were wounded badly after fighting Kaido too, is just grossly insulting to already existing deep injury. What happened to the plot point of Orochi setting Onigashima on fire too? Orochi's DF is actually amazing in mythology and inspiration and was HEAVILY WASTED, sigh.

Also on a random note, I wish Sanji's father and brothers had died in WCI or at least Judge. I absolutely loathe them and the story would have been much better if they had died, especially Judge to Big Mom ironically and poetically too.

I also think Capone should have died for his hypocritical treachery and treatment of Pekoms, plus just to up the stakes and consequences and with him being a new father, it would have made it more tragic.

Jinbei escaping Big Mom with no explanation is terrible writing and as much as I love him, I'm regretting him joining the SHs as its taken 10 years to happen, with Oda giving us bluer balls than JInbei has for making us wait and teasing us for SO LONG!

With Straw Hats facing much less development and even screentime post TS, we don't need more Straw Hats and I wish Oda had committed to Zeus dying or at least doesn't make him a permant temporary for Nami, but I fear he already has at least in his mind.
Having to wait years to see some of the SHs again and some SHs barely getting feats and fights post TS is depressing and frustrating. It's only gonna get worse if more join.

On that note, I don't want Yamato and Carrot to join, as much as I want more female users on the crew, including strong ones especially and also a Logia one ideally. (RIP Monet hopes)

FInally, I really hate how Nami has just become a lightning spammer and now has Zeus which makes things even more infinitely worse. He has some amazing moves but still. Nami is a weather witch, not just a thunder witch, she's not a certain Bleach character or two of them even! Well its lightning I guess rather than thunder but w/e.

These are just my opinions ofc and thus in line with the thread, I don't expect them to be "popular" hence why I posted them here too ofc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luffy is a terrible captain and no amount of *dying for Nakama* can make up for it

Zoro aint strong as people make him to be

Sanji isnt as weak as people make him to be

Jimbei fills the role Franky should have fill, Franky is just mix of Brook and Sanji

Nami and Robin post TS ars glorified Titty tumors to sell figurines

Usopp and Chopper are boring

Brook is GOAT

Luffy is a terrible captain and no amount of *dying for Nakama* can make up for it

Zoro aint strong as people make him to be

Sanji isnt as weak as people make him to be

Jimbei fills the role Franky should have fill, Franky is just mix of Brook and Sanji

Nami and Robin post TS ars glorified Titty tumors to sell figurines

Usopp and Chopper are boring

Brook is GOAT
I concur about Sanji for the YC4 takers. Partially concur about Nami and Robin. Luffy didn't figure so well this arc but perhaps he will redeed himself. I loved his Dressrosa version instead.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I finally have a guess as to what Luffy and Roger said that stunned Ace/Yamato/Whitebeard/Oden…

I think they’re saying “(With the One Piece/After becoming Pirate King) I’ll be able to rid the world of sadness!” Ace tells Yamato not to laugh at his brother and Whitebeard calls Roger a little boy, both of which imply whatever they say is really childish and optimistic, but because they are who they are, you wanna believe that they can actually do it. This would tie in with all the LAUGH Tale-He LAUGHed/JOY Boy/the SMILING Sun God Nika running theme of the whole series as well, although maybe not as neatly.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I know this is 100% debunked, but I always loved that theory.

I always found it weird how respectful the Beast Pirate crew was when it comes to Yamato. I know she is the daughter of their Captain but still tho it was weird. Especially with this panel:

They seem to genuinely care about her well-being. But the most important part is what Yamato says next: "Well, I'm not on your side anymore!!" and Beast Pirates reaction: "WHAT?". As if they were confused about what the fuck she talks about.

Like. Wasn't she hating her father and the Beast Pirates in general? Why would she say that she is not on their side anymore? Was she ever?

and that led me to believe that Yamato is acting the whole time and she is the actual "Ace" of the Beast Pirates that everyone wanted basing on the theme of the deck of cards.

@Jew D. Boy @Ravagerblade

What do you think about it? I mean did that panel bothered you in the past or u never thought about it? Maybe let's say before her actions with Momo and later on the roof with Kaido because this is where my theory was 100% debunked unless Kaido and Yamato are pulling some fucking God Tier acting.
Would not put it past Oda to return to the “a Yonko’s child pretends to ally with the SHP just to fuck them over” well like he did in WCI, but this thought has never occurred to me with Yamato because it’s so, SO obvious what he’s trying to do with her and the Oden connection. Think about it - she spent 20 fucking years being trapped on Onigashima, receiving daily beatings from her father and little kindness from anyone otherwise. I don’t see any of the statements from BP fodder as concern for her so much as the implication that Kaido will kill them if anything happens to her (that he doesn’t intentionally inflict on the same). Moreover, why would she rebel at any point before when she’d have no backup and still be entirely surrounded by enemy subordinates? I never told any of my past jobs how much I fucking despised working them until AFTER I’d found a new gig, I totally understand the logic of feigning allegiance just because you don’t presently have the means to leave.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I know but what if all of that is just a farce for the sake of the act? I know it's most likely 100% done and she is none of that but holy shit that panel got me thinking. If she really was the Ace of the BP and let's say them fighting on the roof is an annual thing they do but this time they put up and act on top of it just to crush the alliance members who accepted Yamato mentally.

Yamato is the "Ace" of the Beast Pirates would elevate her fucking character thru the roof.

Just a fun theory.
Like I said, it’s possible…but man, for Yamato to literally fight to the death with Kaido just for a lark, or to continue the facade even after the Yonko had defeated Luffy and was en route to murdering his friends, seems like way too much work for no payoff. Why would we be getting their dialogue about the shitty relationship and her wanting to leave if nobody else is there to witness it? Why try so hard just for appearances when your side already has the upper hand?