Theory Eustass Kid beats Big Mum with help of... Big Mum

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Hey Guys.

I had this theory a few weeks ago, but i want to write it down once here and want to hear your ideas and opinions.

First of all, the Status Quo is Kid and Law are fighting against Big Mum right now. Big mum seems to be unharmed so far; Kid more less also, even thos he tanked alot (indicating very high defense and stamina).

While his stamina and defense so far is pretty well known, even without using CoC and CoA, which we know he has, he has so far no real possibility to hurt Big Mum. Over all, we didnt see much damage dealing against Big Mum. In fact we only got 2 possible situations where she seriously got damaged. First explained by Capone, with destroying the picture of Caramell and second, surprisingly, through Nami while the whole chasing situation. But how is she vulnerable when the picture is broken? And how could nami damage her?

I think the best way to hurt Big Mum is to hurt her soul. Directly her soul. Which is hard to reach, but pretty open when she is absolutely devastated, for example with the picture. But this doesnt happen alot, just because she doesnt really care alot about much things. Another way to hit her soul directly is by using her soul itself. Thats why Nami could damage her, cause she was using Zeus with that attack! So not only the physical hit came into play, but her soul clashed against another part of her soul directly!

So back to Kid and Law. I guess Law will figure that out pretty early in the fight and will tell Kid. And this is when Kid finaly catches his idea to beat her. Remember how he always thought about how to hit someone, how to damage kaido, he was always looking for strategies. And the moment he get to know how to deal damage to Big Mum, he will figure a way. And i guess it will be this way:

Kid will create a big robot, Mecha-Godzilla like, fitting the beast theme. With that Mecha and CoA, he will create cages inside his mecha-arms and Law will shamble hera and prometheus each on one of these cages. With his high defense and stamina, together with CoA Kid will be able to keep them inside the cage and putting permanent pressure Hera and Prometheus. Thats how Kid will use these two souls to punch Big Mum, punching Big Mums Soul directly with her own Soul. With every punch, he will put extra pressure on one of them, to get them to trigger some of their power. Kinda imagine these hits like that (hera one) (please be carefull with opening spoilers if you havent seen Godzilla vs Kong, contains spoilers):

So i think by using Hera and Prometheus he will be able to significantly hurt Big Mum. This also will result in Kids final blow against Big mum. While Luffy will use some "King Kong"-related and named attack to put the final hit on Kaido, Kid will put the most pressure he can on hera and prometheus, pulling out as much of their energy as possible focus that with alot of magnetic energy (first glimpse of awakaning?) and give her this final blow, by combine the energy of hera, prometheus, CoC and magnetic force:

So Kid will finish Big Mum with his own "Atomic Breath", while Luffy finish Kaido with a King Kong attack.

What do you guys think about the idea (using Big Mums souls to hurt her soul)?

Greetz
Panth

P.s.: Classic Kid-related Tags: @rerere @Lukegranders @ReggieZoldyck21 @playa4321 @Sentinel

Hmm. That is an interesting concept you came up with here. Damaging Big Mom with her own soul. I think it’s clear that for Kidd to be effective he will have to use her homies against her for now. At least until he is able to coat his attacks with CoC. Piggybacking on your idea, maybe Kidd will create his own Congac by combining the giant sword on Onigashima with Prometheus. If your idea of Big Moms soul being able to damage her, then this should be effective :kata:

Since a maser canon is an electromagnetic weapon. I also expect Kidd to either deflect her Maser canon back to her or create a railgun that can pierce her skin.

I like the theory of him using her homies against her. I could actually see that coming into play later,

for example I believe kid will use electromagnetic attacks and conquerers coating later to damage her but if I had to fit that into my theory for example

Kid uses electromagnetic attacks

the homies are a massive problem so kid decides to devise a plan with law to steal them from her and then use them against her

kid creates a new mech just for big mom. A big mom buster like hulk buster.

Great theory and would make a lot of sense with Linlin character. As you said the core of her character is a human with umbreakable outside but with moody/sensible/fragile inside so her inside being used physically against her is hella fitting. I'm pretty sure this will be one of the phases in Linlin fight, yeah I think we'll have different phases:
- Kidd and Law facing the Linlin's new power up (Maser) and starting to get an idea of how it works
- Kidd and Law doing what you described here: getting around Linlin's weakness by taking her homies and using them against her
- Realizing this is not enough, probably taking a good beating
- CoC power up for Kidd, uses his magnetic DF to use Onigashima sword ( :catpole:)in combination with Hera and Prometheus or Zeus (from Nami) and Prometheus to overpower PU Linlin

Something like that (Law will do shit too and will get some more help too, by Killer or someone else just like in Kaido fight), and as I said a lot of times: the battle will move outside on the entrance of Onigashima, where the sword is stuck.

Luffy for two arcs straight: I'll take you down after Kaido.

Kid fans: Kid is going to take down Big Mom.
Not a huge Kid fan, but why would any One Piece fan be against anybody else defeating Big Mom? Do you people seriously want another Goku show?

Naruto/HxH it's at it's best when other characters take out the main villains of the arc
Post automatically merged:

I personally think Law will be taken out, Kid will gather more people to help him but ultimately defeat her. I like the idea you proposed @Pantheos

Not a huge Kid fan, but why would any One Piece fan be against anybody else defeating Big Mom?
I'm not against it at all, as matter of fact I want it more than anybody else, but we know that it's not going to happen, we know it, as a fact we know it. I'm not going to lie to myself just because I want it, what is it going to change? Nothing! Regardless from my wishes nothing is going to change, Kid will do nothing just like other supernovas.
Put your hand to your heart and tell me, do you really believe that Kid is going to take down Big Mom dispite the fact that Luffy has been saying about it since Fishman island arc??? Like honestly, do you really believe in it!? Luffy even promised, he fucking promised to Katakuri that he [Luffy] will take down Big Mom. Everything, literally everything has been set up for Luffy to take down Big Mom, there is an entire plotline build around it since Fishman fucking island, and you guys are like: "but Kid man." Duh...
Do you people seriously want another Goku show?

Naruto/HxH it's at it's best when other characters take out the main villains of the arc
It seems like you haven't noticed it yet, but one piece is already like those other mangas, it's not different, spacial or unique, it is just like them: a cliche, fanservice based BS that sells well for the average guy. At this point one piece is all about Luffy and Zoro, the rest of the strowhats are useless, they have no value, just like the supernovas, Emperors, Marians etc. It's all about Luffy and Zoro, and if you haven't noticed it yet, then I'm sorry, you've been reading completely different story all this time.

I'm not against it at all, as matter of fact I want it more than anybody else, but we know that it's not going to happen, we know it, as a fact we know it. I'm not going to lie to myself just because I want it, what is it going to change? Nothing! Regardless from my wishes nothing is going to change, Kid will do nothing just like other supernovas.
Put your hand to your heart and tell me, do you really believe that Kid is going to take down Big Mom dispite the fact that Luffy has been saying about it since Fishman island arc??? Like honestly, do you really believe in it!? Luffy even promised, he fucking promised to Katakuri that he [Luffy] will take down Big Mom. Everything, literally everything has been set up for Luffy to take down Big Mom, there is an entire plotline build around it since Fishman fucking island, and you guys are like: "but Kid man." Duh...

It seems like you haven't noticed it yet, but one piece is already like those other mangas, it's not different, spacial or unique, it is just like them: a cliche, fanservice based BS that sells well for the average guy. At this point one piece is all about Luffy and Zoro, the rest of the strowhats are useless, they have no value, just like the supernovas, Emperors, Marians etc. It's all about Luffy and Zoro, and if you haven't noticed it yet, then I'm sorry, you've been reading completely different story all this time.
Why can't big mom be defeated twice?

we're 90% done with the series. Oda already hinted that post wano, we are going to focus on shanks. Why the hell would big mom be a main antagonist post wano?

If Kid beats her now, then Luffy, as de facto leader of the alliance, gets credit. Is that not enough? I don't want to pull up the panels but if you re-read the beginning of act 3, Luffy says multiple times that the purpose of the raid isn't simply to beat kaido, but also orochi and big mom as well. Which essentially means that he changed his mind about the whole "beat big mom after kaido". He's doing it all at once.

And sure, Luffy can fight big mom later. But it will be nowhere as significant as Big Mom vs Kid and Law. This is basically the peak of big mom's career as a pirate. She has allied with kaido and were the beast pirates to actually destroy the alliance, she'd have a legitimate shot at destroying the world. Its literally all downhill from here.

Anyways imo Kid picks up ACoC after Law explains to him what Luffy did. Since he doesn't know ACoA, he can't use it as well as Luffy. His fists still make contact, but they have a large amount of black lightning coming from them, this allows him to hurt big mom.

They beat Big Mom by throwing her off onigashima, causing her to hit her head on rock, get brain damage, and permanently become O-Lin.

After Luffy becomes pirate king, he returns to Whole cake island. Chopper heals big mom and Luffy fights her and defeats her in order to gain the alliance of the big mom pirates in the final war.

Last edited:

Big Mom has always been a secondary villain in the grand scheme of the Yonko. She being defeated by a secondary character rather than Luffy makes sense

I’d argue Luffy putting his pride aside and trusting Kid to beat her would be a great character moment for both. While Oda has his flaws I expect him to still be a good writter

Post automatically merged: Today at 6:20 PM
we're 90% done with the series. Oda already hinted that post wano, we are going to focus on shanks. Why the hell would big mom be a main antagonist post wano?

If Kid beats her now, then Luffy, as de facto leader of the alliance, gets credit. Is that not enough? I don't want to pull up the panels but if you re-read the beginning of act 3, Luffy says multiple times that the purpose of the raid isn't simply to beat kaido, but also orochi and big mom as well. Which essentially means that he changed his mind about the whole "beat big mom after kaido". He's doing it all at once.

And sure, Luffy can fight big mom later. But it will be nowhere as significant as Big Mom vs Kid and Law. This is basically the peak of big mom's career as a pirate. She has allied with kaido and were the beast pirates to actually destroy the alliance, she'd have a legitimate shot at destroying the world. Its literally all downhill from here.
So first, let's establish one thing: I'm convinced that Big Mom will go down in this arc, I don't think that there will be a knew arc with her in it, it's too much even for Oda's absurdity. Second, I'm not willing to debate or discuss it here or right now, especially when the promise of this thread isn't about it.
Why can't big mom be defeated twice?
She already has been defeated by her own incompetency, the question is, who will be the one to take down Big Mom for good!? And it's crystal clear that it's going to be Luffy.
Anyways imo Kid picks up ACoC after Law explains to him what Luffy did. Since he doesn't know ACoA, he can't use it as well as Luffy. His fists still make contact, but they have a large amount of black lightning
Let the guy first learn CoA before jumping to CoC, oh🤔. It's one piece😲, what am I talking about??? Kid will obviously learn CoA, CoO and of course CoC in span of seconds.
Big Mom has always been a secondary villain in the grand scheme of the Yonko. She being defeated by a secondary character rather than Luffy makes sense
It makes sense for you, but not for Oda, otherwise he wouldn't have set up all those plotlines leading to Luffy taking down Big Mom.
I’d argue Luffy putting his pride aside and trusting Kid to beat her would be a great character moment for both. While Oda has his flaws I expect him to still be a good writter
It would, but it's not going to happen.