Character Discussion Who were better as a villian: Crocodile and Doflamingo or Kaido and Big Mom?

Who were better as a villian: Crocodile and doflamingo or Kaido and big mom?

• Total voters

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
โ€Ž

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Doffy is Oda's best written antagonist although not his most effective one. Probably the only antagonist in the series who can show a vulnerable side and appear scarier from it.

Arguably, Crocodile is Oda's most effective antagonist. Alabasta was a slow burn of many smaller arcs and Crocodile himself was the first hard wall Luffy ever ran into. Combined with his James Bond aesthetics, multi-layered plan to cause havoc in Alubarna and the fact Luffy lucked into beating him makes Crocodile such an iconic villain.

Kaido & Linlin aren't even good antagonists let alone better than Oda's best. Kaido's goals are nebulous and he just wants to make a massive war. At least with Doffy, he had a deep set grudge against the World Government and had a reason to pursue such an outcome. Kaido just wants it but doesn't seem like the type to want the fame, power or luxury that'd come with it. He's just a barbarian.

There's an appeal in that, but for the big bad set up from chapter 650~ until now, I'd hope for something deeper and for Kaido to have more of a personality. He's pretty one note.

Linlin's got some complexity but it feels like every new side we learn about her contradicts the previous. She's an obvious gag character and that shows in her own arc. I do like the fact she's got her own nation, her own concrete plans and is theoretically smarter than Kaido. But she has almost no presence and her own cartoonish failures keeps me from taking this character seriously.

So Doffy & Crocoboy are much better. I think Kaido & Linlin fall short of average for Oda whereas the other two are some of the better examples of antagonists

Kaido is essentially a raid boss with end game exposition dialogue.

BM had the foundations but like half of her panel time is her crazy or with amnesia. Disappointing.

Crocodile and Doffy are much more developed and intriguing, unlike Kaido, and were treated with respect, unlike Big Mom

Not even a question, Crydo and Meme wasted the entirety of the post timeskip with their ugly ass diddler looking faces yet the clowns still initially ranked below Bepo and Karoo in the popularity poll.

Acting otherwise is just you getting progressively stupider as you set yourself up for weekly misery while Oda grinds whateverโ€™s left of their character to dust, but people are too smart to give Meme more votes than Kung Fu Dugong.

--Doflamingo will always be best villain period , I doubt anybody will surpass him -- Unique charm , related to celestial dragon , good back story , stylish character and so on

--Talking about kaido during most of wano part of the wano arc orochi is explored more and viewed as a villain than kaido -- Orochi's backstory and his connections to kozuki clan and so on..........Kaido is now shining in onigashima arc -- He has a reason to stay in wano , knows about psychology of defeat , about joyboy and so on...........I am pretty sure once we get his flashback and know more about him his childhood his struggles like doflamingo ; the fight to become one of the strongest he will become much better villain and more appreciated.........

-- Crocodile definitely had a high threat level in alabasta and a dominating force but he was OK imo...........then he joined luffy in impel down and got more popular and so on.........

--Big mom is bit tricky -- As a villain sometimes there is no fear of her or threat level followed by the fact oda clowns her a lot.......she is still decent for me