Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Something I like to bring up is the idea that Onimaru did not connect Zoro's resemblance to Ushimaru. If we go back to the chapters he first confronted Zoro, his behaviour around what was a total stranger, was off.

All he does is take back Shusui and didn't attempt to steal Zoro's other swords. He later lectures him about Shusui's importance, and later expresses disappointment in Zoro's response to the lecture.

Now think about it, Onimaru had just seen Shusui after over 2 decades missing, and he stumbles upon it in the hands of this stranger. As far as he should be concerned, Zoro was a no good thief galivanting with the country's treasure. Despite that, he didn't attempt to steal Zoro's other swords, just Shusui. He states he "over-estimated" Zoro when he had never met him till that point, suggesting he had expectations for Zoro once he laid eyes on him. He was then seen smiling after Zoro defeated Kamazou, only stealing the latter's weapons. (Though defending innocents probably left a bigger impression on him at that point, but still worth noting.)

Onimaru was by Ushimaru's side for years. If anyone could spot a resemblance between Zoro and his late lord, it'd be him. And based on how Onimaru treated Zoro vs how he treats other ruffians he barely knows, has me leaning on the idea he could see the similarities, and that's what informed him on Zoro's character initially. Even moreso, he's a fox and likely recognized Zoro to be related to Ushimaru based on his scent.

Looking more likely now the Nidai really belonged to Ushimaru as not many swordsmen can handle cursed swords, Tenguyama seemed terrified of even touching it. He also says one shouldn't even touch it without reverence not just due to it's rank but most likely because of the person it used to belong to this remind me of Shusui and Ryuma rereading this
only beasts can hold Cursed swords also ryuma said he sensing a beast from Zoro.
also luffy not capable to hold a curse sword then got bodeid by Kaido and got thrown to the prison.

cursed swords are different league it will make sense if that katana belongs to ushimaru but if i remember correctly they already showed ushimaru Grave in anime with a sword.

A

Akagaminoproduction

Recently I just reread the rooftop and realized something.
Luffy with FS still got hit by kaido, and yet the only time kaido could land a hit to zoro was when he tag teamed with big mom and when zoro couldn't move anymore :zorothink:
FS is overrated trash of Luffy and Kata bois.... Zoro was too fast for that shit since TB....