Zoro is a Shimotsuki?

• Yes

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Great thread, Blother. I agree with every point except Zoro being a D. We know that the Shimotsuki were one of the 5 major noble families of Wano, and Wano will be essential for the return of the Ds against the Government. This was why it was imperative for Wano to open its borders, so as to help in that fight.

It that sense, the Shimotsuki would be major allies to the Ds. Zoro helping Luffy on his journey is a microcosm of this idea.

Something I loved that you brought up was Zoro having to spend some time with his fellow clansman Yasu before his passing. Oda allowed Zoro to be enriched by what would've likely been his home had Kaido and Orochi's coup never taken place. That's because I subscribe to the idea that Ushimaru forced his wife and unborn child to flee Wano using Hakumai's port. It would be poetic if Yasu also helped facilitate her's and the unborn Zoro's retreat. And I think Zoro could sense that on a deeper level, that he may owe this man so much, and explain his relative comfort and affection for Wano compared to other countries/islands he's visited.
Post automatically merged:

Isn't Luffy similar to young Roger? And they aren't blood related. Ace wasn't similar to Roger despite being his son. Dragon doesn't look like Garp and neither of them like Luffy.

Zoro is not Shimotsuki.
Zoro isn't just similar to Ushimaru and Ryuma. They're downright clones.

I don't think he is. If he is it has to be with some other distant branch, For Ex. Ryuuma went out had a film and a whole lot of generation was established.... which doesn't seem to be the case. But I don't think it can happen with what we have in the story. Only one guy out and he made a family... and Zoro is not part of it.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro was born out of one piece universe. :finally:

Last edited:
Isn't Luffy similar to young Roger? And they aren't blood related. Ace wasn't similar to Roger despite being his son. Dragon doesn't look like Garp and neither of them like Luffy.

Zoro is not Shimotsuki.
It looks like they are like two drops of water and also this parallel is occurring exactly on Wano which is a strong element possibly by itself.

I was talking about this earlier this year. Shimotsuki is not just a throwaway lineage for Zoro. It might be possible on the off chance there's much greater things about to be revealed with this. The reason I am confident Zoro is a Shimotsuki is earlier in Wano, Oda had Kawamatsu say Shimotsuki were known for their toughness. As we know Zoro is tough and always endured severe hardship and moved onto to the next mission/obstacle. For ex, Mihawk slash before AP, Kuma Pain before Sabaody, now Hakai before King fight.

Oda also had some plot lines set up for the ending of Wano (which imo should include with Worldwide events and Zoros past). He mentioned starting with Zoros interest in visiting Ryuma's grave to pay respects. Also
  • Shimotsuki Ushimaru has the silhouette of Zoro.
  • Shimotsuki Ryuma has the silhouette and parallel of Zoro.
  • Shimotsuki Yasuie is who Zoro rolled around with in Wano.
  • Ringo is where Ryuma's grave is.
  • Ringo is where Ushimaru and Gyukimaru ruled as Daimyo and partner.
  • Ringo I forgot if that’s where Enma was given to Zoro by Hiyori.
  • Tenguyama Hitetsu is holding Nidai Kitetsu for someone. Oda/Luffy teased Zoro with Nidai Kitetsu.
We know how much Oda respects and treats Zoro's character.

1. Fight Hawkins
  2. Fight Killer
  3. Fight Denjiro
  4. Receive Enma
  5. Meet Hiyori, daughter of Oden
  6. Fight Apoo
  7. Fight at Rooftop with Next Gen
  8. CoC
  9. Scar Kaido
  10. Endure Hakai
  11. Cut Fire
  12. Fight King
  13. etc ongoing

We received a glimpse of Zoro's past early in the story when he was 7 or 8. Just like Luffy, we didn't know much before that or how he even ended up in the East Blue. But being a Shimotsuki/Kozuki allots people with a different king of life compared to other people. Why would Oda wait 1000 chapters to reveal more about the backgrounds of the second most important character in One Piece, and the most discussed/debated character in One Piece.

Like I've said earlier...

The fight with Ryuma, defeat, and receiving Shusui was a passing of the torch of some kind. The time Zoro spent with Shimotsuki Yasuie and the bond they formed was for Zoro to spend some time with his "extended" family. Then Oda had it taken all away with Yasu's execution giving Zoro personal reasons to fight Kaido or anyone that gets in his path in freeing Wano.

Oda wouldn't create these important plot lines on a whim.

And some more reasons I made earlier this year.....

Anyways, didn't find time to add more information on this thread, if I do I will. But I hope to find out more stuff hopefully by the end.

Would you guys like him to be a Shimotsuki or a Second Ryuma? Thoughts?

@ShadowStyle369 @TheKnightOfTheSea @bennbeckman @Seth @Jew D. Boy @nik87 @Luffydom56 @zzShinichi @Sword God Ryuma @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Daikenki @Thururuzao @ArdynIzunia @Fenaker @Marimo_420 @mly90 @Guan Yu @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Luffy bin Dragon @LuffyMazino @Patapujuro @Orojackson Refugee @Peroroncino @etc
Zoro Kills Kaido:kata:

I understand your concern.
The shimotsuki family is a bit different from the monkey d. clan or even the germa kingdom, in the sense that the shimotskuis have been considered a thing of the past with no relevancy in wano after Kaido has taken over the kingdom. They exist merely as legends and folklores, but no real influence in the current wano. On the flip side, the monkey d clan has overwhelming influence in both the marine and the revolutionary army, whereas the germa controls the north blue.

Zoro being discovered as a shimotsuki will depict the story of a fallen noble warrior, who along with his lofty ambition of being the WSS, also has to redeem and revive the once powerful status of his own family. This contrast greatly with that of luffy or sanji, whose family are already well-established in the current time.

Couldn't have said it better!
And also I personally never rly understood what's so bad about having an important family anyways.
I dislike ideas like the gomu gomu being special or Luffy being a reincarnated sun god, cause I wanted Luffy to just be a dude that made the best out of his random power.
But a family isn't like that. Even with the Shimotsuki name, Zoro is Zoro. He earned his power through hard work, not through blood.
His ambition doesn't get diminished through the name either.
It doesn't make him less unique imo. People in important families are still INDIVIDUALS.

Shimotsuki Zoro has a number of interesting meanings, one that I'll name involves what people have been seeing as a potential loose plot thread. How could Yamato sail with someone who kills Kaido? Because it parallels with Ushimaru being killed by the Beast pirates.

Perhaps the only way not to let Yamato be sad for his father's death is the latter wishing to be killed, or perhaps she will simply accept Zoro to kill Kaido if she deems it the right way independently.

Perhaps the only way not to let Yamato be sad for his father's death is the latter wishing to be killed, or perhaps she will simply accept Zoro to kill Kaido if she deems it the right way independently.
As I said, Yamato wants his father dead and Kaido wants a glorious dead. Nothing better than the future Sword God to give them their dreams. And Zoro wouldn't rlly care if a nobody like Yamato accepts him or not.

It's just a strange dynamic to have in a crew relationship
Not as weird as the crew accepting ppl that literally betrayed them while acting like nothing happened. It's like you wanting to repair your car but since you can't do it by yourself, a strange man comes and repairs it for free, would you rlly have a problem with that guy or would you thank him for solving a problem that you couldn't solve? Plus, Oden tried to kill Kaido before and I don't see Yamato bitching over it.

As I said, Yamato wants his father dead and Kaido wants a glorious dead. Nothing better than the future Sword God to give them their dreams. And Zoro wouldn't rlly care if a nobody like Yamato accepts him or not.
She declared her intent to kill him by herself IIRC unless she only spelled fighting, I also doubt she would be so sad even in the latter scenario.

Not as weird as the crew accepting ppl that literally betrayed them while acting like nothing happened. It's like you wanting to repair your car but since you can't do it by yourself, a strange man comes and repairs it for free, would you rlly have a problem with that guy or would you thank him for solving a problem that you couldn't solve? Plus, Oden tried to kill Kaido before and I don't see Yamato bitching over it.
Wait hold on you don't even believe Zoro will kill Kaido lol

But to your point, people are talking about the strange dynamic within the story. And now we're talking about two different things. One is Yamato sailing with a guy who defeats or kills Kaido, second is who actually does it.

Oden has nothing to do with this because he's not a Straw Hat or even alive. He was killed by Kaido so bringing him up doesn't work. Your car analogy is fine but has nothing to do with the story from Oda. Franky and Robin have a special relationship from recruitment, Brook and Zoro have one as he defeated Brook's zombie. You can argue Chopper and Sanji formed something special at Drum even though Zoro is also like his older brother. But Luffy is the one who liberates; the other Straw Hats don't clear the primary antagonist for the joining member, and that's a different issue from Kaido dying. I bring up the parallel because puts more emphasis on justice than Zoro just being Yamato's savior.

Wait hold on you don't even believe Zoro will kill Kaido lol

But to your point, people are talking about the strange dynamic within the story. And now we're talking about two different things. One is Yamato sailing with a guy who defeats or kills Kaido, second is who actually does it.

Oden has nothing to do with this because he's not a Straw Hat or even alive. He was killed by Kaido so bringing him up doesn't work. Your car analogy is fine but has nothing to do with the story from Oda. Franky and Robin have a special relationship from recruitment, Brook and Zoro have one as he defeated Brook's zombie. You can argue Chopper and Sanji formed something special at Drum even though Zoro is also like his older brother. But Luffy is the one who liberates; the other Straw Hats don't clear the primary antagonist for the joining member, and that's a different issue from Kaido dying. I bring up the parallel because puts more emphasis on justice than Zoro just being Yamato's savior.
Tbh I think that we confused each other because I do believe in ZKK, just tried to prove why it wouldn't be weird for Yamato to sail with Zoro.

Tbh I think that we confused each other because I do believe in ZKK, just tried to prove why it wouldn't be weird for Yamato to sail with Zoro.
Yeah, my point is that Zoro being a Shimotsuki would mean their relationship wouldn't be lopsided. I doubt the dynamic would be addressed in the same way Jinbe had a conversation with Nami (and now that I think about it, maybe Sanji is still awkward with Jinbe because of that) but we readers would understand, along with maybe a few Wano samurai and a few Shimotsuki ghosts

Yeah, my point is that Zoro being a Shimotsuki would mean their relationship wouldn't be lopsided. I doubt the dynamic would be addressed in the same way Jinbe had a conversation with Nami (and now that I think about it, maybe Sanji is still awkward with Jinbe because of that) but we readers would understand, along with maybe a few Wano samurai and a few Shimotsuki ghosts
I mean, she would be speaking with a descendant of Ryuma, someone who, from Wano's perspective, is milles above Oden. She should respect the ones that are above her lol.

I'm still not sure about Zoro being a Shimotsuki via Ushimaru, via Ryuma only or no Shimotsuki at all.

But this part is insane by itself:
Ryuma hype will never die no matter if or how Zoro is related to him. This man was a monster, single handedly protecting his country from these WG bastards and making them shit their bitchass fake astronaut pants for centuries to come.

Now I want a Ryuma spinoff.

:christnally::christnally::christnally:
Or a movie at least :neesama: