Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 50/50

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • A bit

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
In my first theory (part 1), I established an hypothesis for a potential Sanji awakening & in my second theory (part 2), I went into a bit more detail on what type of abilities I thought Sanji will be manifesting with his awakening ^^ but recently, we got a bit of a teaser from Vegapank (A pretty reputable OP Spoiler provider in the community) on what Sanji's future will entail going forward into the series & I thought it'd be interesting to see if I could tie this new information with my awakening theory :p This is finna be a long ass theory lol so be prepared 🤣

First & foremost let's lay out the teaser info we got from Vegapank on Sanji~! 😁

According to Vegapank:
- There will be a great event (supremacy) to Sanji even Zoro fans will be Sanji fans after the event (*Puck Note - Just to clarify this was the opinion of the person who provided him with the info)
- Sanji will maintain the balance of the world
- Sanji will fuse with a mythical fiery *bird* not obeying orders
(*Puck Note - Vegapunk doesn't seem to be certain whether this will be as a result of a new fruit/new suit etc. He says it depends on the translation or sumin like that but anywho!)

So yh with that established let's get into the nitty gritty ^^

The later part of the first point itself is not really important to the following theory and it seems to simply be the opinion of the person that provided the info to Vegapank. In other words, it's pretty subjective lol so I'm not really gonna touch on that :p. That said however, the earlier bit on some sorta of great event (supremacy?) happening to Sanji, I'll touch on towards the end of my theory as the other points will be building into it 😁

Section 1: Sanji will maintain the balance of the world
Now this statement might sound really outlandish to the majority of OP fans, Sanji fans included but is there some precedent here?

Currently when I think balance in the world of OP two things come to mind:
- The 3 Great Powers (i.e. The Yonkou, The Marines & The Shichibukai. [i.e. The 7 Warlords])
- The Ancient Weapons

The first option is outta the question, Sanji cannot become any of those tings so naturally the only other option is that of an Ancient Weapon. So could Sanji potentially be or awaken as an Ancient Weapon?

Currently we know that they are three Ancient Weapons, Pluton, Poseidon and Uranus. Pluton we know is an Ancient Ship, so we can cross that out, then there is Poseidon which has already been awakened as Shirahoshi so we can also cross that out. However, Uranus is still yet to be revealed, so in the sense that we don't know what it is yet, then there is a possibility for Sanji to be it. Moreover we know that Ancient Weapons can be living beings so that also allows the possibility for Sanji to be it. But at this point we could argue that any other living being could be it as well 🤣 so it's important to establish what makes Sanji stand out even amongst this bunch of other living beings :p

-> Sanji words to Kuma on Thriller Back

Sanji: Yo! Massive Dude!
Sanji: Rather than this Marimo Swordsman here, take my life instead!
Sanji: Right now the marines are still taking me lightly but in the near future the one who will end up being the most dangerous existence to the Marines is me...
Sanji: "Black Leg Sanji"!!!
Sanji: Go on...!! huff huff Take it...!
Sanji: I'm always resolved to give my life for someone else...!!
Sanji: If I go, I'm gonna go out with a bang!!!

If you've read One Piece for a long time you'd know that Oda wouldn't have had Sanji say this for no reason. Sanji could've literally said anything else even something like "My bounty will be higher than his in the future so take me instead" or some shit like that to kinda sell himself as being more valuable than Zoro and it'd have served the same purpose but Oda specifically had Sanji say the above. Now there's been quite a bit of speculation about Sanji potentially having the highest bounty or something like that in order to fulfill that statement. However, imo is very unlikely. No way Sanji has a higher bounty than Luffy. That said, another possibility which I think is a lot more viable is Sanji awakening as an Ancient Weapon of sorts. In which case, he'd very easily become that exact threat that he warned Kuma about in the panel above 😁

So with this we've established one precedent. (*Note: The above doesn't not really prove that Sanji is an Ancient Weapon, in anyway but we do have an in manga statement with him stating that he would be a threat equivalent to that) so in that sense, we can set Sanji apart from most of the other living characters in the verse :p and I think one could make a case for him potentially awakening an Ancient Weapon based on how grandiose this statement is ^^

-> Sanji's dream of All Blue:
According to the myth, All Blue is a sea of legend, rumored to be the only place in the world where the North, East, South and West seas meet, one which possesses all the fish in the world and is the ultimate dream for Chefs ^^.

The image below is the map of the Grand Line:

As you can see above the Redline is what separates this 4 seas. So there is a very popular theory that All Blue will end up coming to fruition as a result of either the redline or reverse mountain which is part of the redline getting destroyed.

I'm not really gonna go deep into this theory but I will say that I think it's very logical particularly if you consider that no one has ever found All Blue it before, not even Zeff, so chances are that it doesn't exist yet. However, the problem with this theory is that destroying the redline or even reverse mountain is no easy feat and is certainly impossible for a regular human but is it for an Ancient Weapon? They are weapons of mass destruction in the OP verse. If you think about them as something in the vein of nukes then it doesn't seem so impossible ^^

With that we have been able to establish a second precedent which separates Sanji from most living characters in the verse and another compelling case for him to potentially awaken as an Ancient Weapon ^^

So yh, in the case that Sanji does end up awakening as an Ancient Weapon, something like being an entity that maintains the balance of the world doesn't seem so outlandish. To add, I remember something Oda said about Sanji in SBS 7 question, in which he spoke about the importance of whirls in general, and that the world will be in jeopardy without it. He also went on to say, Sanji's eyebrows posses an incredible amount of energy.

-> Oda's Comments About Sanji SBS 7
Reader: Why is the tip of Sanji's eyebrow whirly? Is it some type of fashion or sumin? I'll be blunt, it's pretty lame~!

Oda: Hey!! You!! Go sit your ass over there!! Listen up!! We humans are alive due to whirls!! The sun, moon and the earth all whirl in circles. If by any chance the the whirling of the earth stops, the world will be consumed by large waves. It'd be one hell of a doozy! That's how much energy Sanji's eyebrows are brimming with~!!! So remember that!! You better reflect on your actions!! You're dismissed!!

There's quite a few things here, but what I thought was the most interesting here was the correlation between the whirls preventing the world from falling into chaos and the spoiler about Sanji maintaining the balance of the world ^^

Section 2: Sanji will fuse with a mythical fiery *bird* not obeying orders
Now when you think mystical fiery bird the first ting that comes to mind is Marco so you're prolly thinking "could Sanji potentially fuse with Marco?" lol but it doesn't really make sense and even more so when you think of the "not obeying orders" bit even when you think of it from the perspective of Sanji and Marco teaming up in a way. Personally when I think of that statement the first ting that comes to mind is the concept of Bijuu (Tailed Beasts) in Naruto🤣. For instance Naruto telling Kurama to behave and the later doesn't wanna listen lol but this is One Piece and the concept of Bijuu (Tailed Beasts) doesn't exist :p. However, even if Bijuu's don't exist on One Piece, Devil Fruits do and they are oddly similar as they are said to house devils ^^. But then you're thinking okay the concept of devil fruits & devils is somewhat similar to jinchurikis (hosts) and their respective bijuus but what does it have to do with Sanji? :p

Some of you already prolly know what I'm getting at if you've read my first awakening theory and it has to do with something Oda said about Sanji in SBS 45 ^^
Reader: Do Devil Fruits all have that swirly pattern on them?
Oda: That's right it is what distinguishes them from other fruits. Sometimes I wonder if Sanji himself is a devil fruit

So yh there is a relation between Sanji and devil fruits after all :p and that is is the curly eyebrows🤣. What is even more is that those eyebrows are associated with being cursed as evidenced by how Duval's mom and the people around her reacted to his eyebrows when he was born in One Piece Chapter Zero: Strong World. Moreover devil fruits are also known as knowns cursed fruits, So the connection between those swirly eyes brows and the swirly patterns on devil fruits is very strong. It's even more interesting if you think back on the point I made in "Section 1 " with regards to what Oda said about Sanji's swirly eye brows containing an incredible amount of energy.

Anywho! with that established, we can theorize on this~!!! :p

I think it is very possible that Sanji is hosting some sort of devil in him ^^. We already know that this is an existing concept in OP albeit a myth thanks to Jyabura from CP9. According to Jyabura from CP9, the reason why it is impossible to consume more than one devil fruit is because devil fruit users themselves apparently host a devil within themselves from eating a devil fruit (i.e. the devil changes it's medium from the fruit to the body of the person that eats it), so by eating another devil fruit, the person will effectively have two devils in him/her and that will result in both devils fighting and then the user/host dying ^^. If we think about it from the the perspective of devil fruits, it makes sense to think of it as devil fruits hosting devils with different abilities inside them. For instance, the Phoenix fruit would host a phoenix type devil etc. So going off the spoiler we got from Vegapank it could very well be that Sanji is hosting some sort of mystical fire bird in him. Hence why he is able to use fire abilities 😁.

But then if Sanji really has a mythical fire bird in him, why is he only able to use fire and not able to transform into the bird? ^^". I mean Marco has the mystical pheonix fruit and in addition to being able to use fire he can transform into a pheonix so why can't Sanji transform into a bird? I think this can be explained by the difference in the process in which they were possessed. Marco was possessed by eating a devil fruit whereas Sanji was most likely possessed as a result of having his lineage factor manipulated. It's also important to note that even though artificial humans can use devil fruit like powers, they are able to swim as opposed to devil fruit users and as opposed to devil fruit users the color of their hair changes when their lineage factor is reconstructed. So it is possible that Sanji is only able to use a part of the devil's abilities (i.e only fire) because of that.

Another interesting thing to note is that there has already been a foreshadowing of a potential "transformation" for Sanji in the series before by Zoro during the Thriller Bark arc ^^ so this could be an indication of Sanji potentially being able to transform into a mythical fire bird

In my Sanji Awakening Part 1 theory. I speculated that the catalyst that would make Sanji awaken would be his rage but I think the bit of information we got from Vegapank with regards to "Sanji fusing with a fiery bird not obeying orders" could potentially hold the key to this. Maybe the so called fusion between Sanji and the mystical fire bird is what is going to allow him to be able to fully transform ^^.

Also before I get into the final part of the theory which will connect the "Ancient Weapon" speculation I made earlier, I noticed something really interesting that I'd like to point out :p

Most of y'all that have been following my theories for a while now even since the Orojackson days have prolly seen me speculate about a certain Wano Cover Page 😂 (Yes the Wano Cover Page is finna make an appearance again in this theory :p). Here it is ^^

Previously I speculated about the SHs Kimonos in this potentially hinting at their Wano opponents which was *slightly* off lol but here I noticed something very interesting and that is that Zoro has a fire dragon on his kimono and during this Wano arc has already acquire the ability to use fire. So could Sanji's Kimono also be a potential hint that he'd be acquiring some sort of bird on Wano?

. Anywho! I thought it was very interesting that Sanji has a bird on his kimono given Vegapank's spoiler ^^

So then moving on to the finally section of my theory.

I speculated in my Sanji Awakening theory part 1 that the drug Sora took might have been an X factor which potentially geared Sanji's lineage factor reconstruction off the path Judge intended, hence why he is different from his brothers and with speculation about Sanji potentially being an an Ancient Weapon, I'm now thinking that phenomenon might have ended up creating the ancient weapon "Uranus".

We don't really know anything about Uranus but based of the it's name we know it is the god of the sky. Shirashoshi awakened as Poseidon which is the god of the sea and Shirahoshi is a mermaid (i.e. a sea creature) so going off this I don't think it is far-fetched to think that Uranus is actually a bird of sorts, in which case there might be some sort of connection with the mystical fiery bird that Sanji will fuse with according to the spoiler ^^

Also something else I thought was really interesting that I found out recently when translating the SBS for the Vinsmokes is that the hair colors were not actually Judge's intention but rather an extra effect of the lineage factor manipulation itself. I mean if you think about it, Judge himself did not suspect that anything was wrong with Sanji after his birth until later on when the didn't manifest any superhuman abilities. If Judge specified all of the Vinsmoke kid's hair colors in the reconstruction then surely he should've thought something was wrong with Sanji after he was born. So in a sense you could say Judge's artificial humans are not perfect. Could very well be that Sanji who's hair color didn't get affected by the reconstruction process is actually some sorta perfect artificial human

Section 3 (Supplement): There will be a great event (supremacy) to Sanji even Zoro fans will be Sanji fans after the event
On the bolded bit, this is simply a guess based on the theory above but this great event might be referring to Sanji awakening as the Ancient Weapon Uranus ^^. Plus if it Sanji does indeed end up becoming some sorta Ancient Weapon hypothetically speaking then it is very likely that his bounty will remain higher than Zoro's. So that could potentially be where the whole supremacy ting comes in as when I think supremacy for some reason I think it is referring to Sanji and Zoro lol

Anyways! this all I have for now ^^. Hope y'all enjoyed the read~!

Please defo post your thoughts and so on below~! I'd love to hear what y'all think about this ^^.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Notes: I wrote this theory several months ago on the Baratie but reposting it here ^^. Also since I wrote this I've found some really interesting information and there's also been a lot of interesting information come out in recent chapters but I'll only be updating this theory or maybe even creating a separate part 4 after the chapter this week drops ^^

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Oda: Hey!! You!! Go sit your ass over there!! Listen up!! We humans are alive due to whirls!! The sun, moon and the earth all whirl in circles. If by any chance the the whirling of the earth stops, the world will be consumed by large waves. It'd be one hell of a doozy! That's how much energy Sanji's eyebrows are brimming with~!!! So remember that!! You better reflect on your actions!! You're dismissed!!
this is still funny even though i read this sbs so many times lol.

anyway, good thread Puck and i think Sanji being an Uranus is way too much, but at the same time i wonder why Oda decided to give Sanji dialogue in thriller bark with "But i will be the most feared person by Marines".

If you think about it, Sanji EoS feats (which is will be the most feared person by Marines) will be on par or slightly less hype than Luffy.

This too much to read but yes. Sanji needs several awakenings so have my like.
What type of abilities would you like to see Sanji awaken? ^^

this is still funny even though i read this sbs so many times lol.

anyway, good thread Puck and i think Sanji being an Uranus is way too much, but at the same time i wonder why Oda decided to give Sanji dialogue in thriller bark with "But i will be the most feared person by Marines".

If you think about it, Sanji EoS feats (which is will be the most feared person by Marines) will be on par or slightly less hype than Luffy.
yh that statement to Kuma is pretty big hence why I think Sanji has to be an Ancient Weapon. In the case that Sanji isn't an Ancient Weapon and Oda is actually foreshadowing a future feat from Sanji then it's gonna be insane and even scarier from the WG perspective than anything Luffy does before EoS coz that statement doesn't exclude Luffy:steef:

What type of abilities would you like to see Sanji awaken? ^^

yh that statement to Kuma is pretty big hence why I think Sanji has to be an Ancient Weapon. In the case that Sanji isn't an Ancient Weapon and Oda is actually foreshadowing a future feat from Sanji then it's gonna be insane and even scarier from the WG perspective than anything Luffy does before EoS coz that statement doesn't exclude Luffy:steef:
Sanji needs:
  • Exoskeleton to boost his durability exponentially
  • Better control of his fire so that he can focus it to be more damaging
  • Learn Tempest Kick

Sanji needs:
  • Exoskeleton to boost his durability exponentially
  • Better control of his fire so that he can focus it to be more damaging
  • Learn Tempest Kick
Is the exoskeleton really needed though? I mean the RS by itself already provides a very significant durability buff🤔. Moreover, Sanji wrecked Yonji who has it, so it remains to be seen how efficient it'd be at a high level. For instance will it even be useful against Queen. Except it is something that exceeds his sibling exoskeleton I don't really think it is necessary. I'm interested in hearing any of your counter arguments or any merits of the exoskeleton that I might have overlooked ^^

Is the exoskeleton really needed though? I mean the RS by itself already provides a very significant durability buff🤔. Moreover, Sanji wrecked Yonji who has it, so it remains to be seen how efficient it'd be at a high level. For instance will it even be useful against Queen. Except it is something that exceeds his sibling exoskeleton I don't really think it is necessary. I'm interested in hearing any of your counter arguments or any merits of the exoskeleton that I might have overlooked ^^
His durability will stack with natural defenses plus the raid suit. Sanji only managed to damage Yonji’s face through unknown means, not his suit.

Sanji is already tanky with just his regular smegular self but with the exoskeleton and the armor
:steef:
He will be the tankiest character in the series up there with Kaido and Big Mom.