Questions & Mysteries Is Ushimaru wielding Nidai Kitetsu?

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Didn't Onimaru collect all the swords from the fallen Samurai in preparation for the War?

Ushimaru isn't wielding Nidai Kitetsu in this chapter, but it is possible he left the Sword with Hitetsu knowing he was going to die, so it can be passed down to another, or Onimaru brought it to Hitetsu, as he should know Hitetsu is the one who forged it.
Passed down to who? It's not like Ushimaru figured his son would return needing a sword. It's not the same as Oden who personally entrusted his swords to his children because they did not have any.

There is posibility it could have been confiscated by the beast pirates and Hitetsu got it back, i personally think there is good chance Nidai used to belong to him. Tenguyama reactions when luffy took it leads me to believe it used to belong to someone very important and in the previous chapter Ushimaru was referred as dai kengo great swordsman the only ones who have been called that in the manga is Mihawk Ryuma and Ushimaru recently
I doubt it. It's too much of a stretch that Ushimaru lost the Nidai Kitetsu after being defeated, followed by Onimaru retrieving it, then losing his life, but wanting to entrust the sword to Hitetsu just because of the chance someone would need it.

Passed down to who? It's not like Ushimaru figured his son would return needing a sword. It's not the same as Oden who personally entrusted his swords to his children because they did not have any.

I doubt it. It's too much of a stretch that Ushimaru lost the Nidai Kitetsu after being defeated, followed by Onimaru retrieving it, then losing his life, but wanting to entrust the sword to Hitetsu just because of the chance someone would need it.
Hitetsu stated that he was holding onto Nidai, because he was waiting for a certain man to appear. That's the history of the Kitetsu swords, as they are cursed and only a very specific few are capable of wielding them. If Zoro is one of those people able to withstand the "Curse" then it stands to reason a member of his lineage also can.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Hitetsu stated that he was holding onto Nidai, because he was waiting for a certain man to appear.
No he did not. Hitetsu said he was waiting for someone upon meeting Luffy. It wasn't in reference to the Nidai Kitetsu.

And the ones he was waiting for were Momonosuke and Hiyori, since he was holding onto Ame No Habakiri and Enma.

That's the history of the Kitetsu swords, as they are cursed and only a very specific few are capable of wielding them.
Nothing there suggest it was Ushimaru's. The cursed blades can only be used by the strong, it doesn't mean every cursed blade belonged to someone strong.

If Zoro is one of those people able to withstand the "Curse" then it stands to reason a member of his lineage also can.
That's not how it works. Just because someone is related to Zoro doesn't mean they are capable or will do everything Zoro has, just as not every Shimotsuki have had a black blade or could tame Enma. You're suggesting Ushimaru owned the Nidai Kitetsu because he can. Maybe he could, but that's not a confirmation of his possession.

I’m guessing Ushimaru was probably a two sword style user. Ushimaru is based off a real person from the Minamoto clan. The Minamoto clan was famous for their two swords Higekiri and Hizamaru, called the brother swords. These are likely the names of Ushimarus two swords. When these two swords were separated between brothers the clan fell into ruin, however, when they were reunited under one brother the clan prospered. The two swords were also renamed many times throughout their history. Interesting to note is that Higekiri was once renamed Onikiri or demon cutter.

Aren't they just random swords lol? Kaido left them the swords to fight over.

Shodai is with the Monk Gorosei and unless one of those 2 other samurai are Tengu, not sure how thst sword leaves Onigashima, considering those swords seem to be random.
Lol
People have been talking about sword hilts put of their asses
Same shit with Shanks has Roger sword when it was revealed as different lol

many swords have similar hilts lol

Kawamatsu called Ushimaru dai kengo great swordsman which the viz din't translate besdies him only Ryuma and Mihawk have been called that this is from chapter 1023. Sandman picked up on it here is the link to the tweet
Does this also apply to the other 2 samurai jailed with Ushimaru?

The translation I read this chapter has Kaido call all 3 of them great swordsmen .