One Piece EPISODE 1000 - Overwhelming Strength! The Straw Hats Come Together

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
I came here thinking I will read people thoughts on the opening and episode 1000, all I see is Sanji v Zoro bashing.
do you guys even like One piece?
powerscaling is all that matters here for most people (pretty much the people that voted the episode a 2/5 or 0/5) unfortunately (which I don't participate in whatsoever), I'd suggest you head over to Reddit (r/anime) since people actually talk about the episode instead of trying to critique every single frame that isn't consistent with the manga or what they consider filler

blah blah blah, she defeated in the end two opponents(Orochi and Ulti), while chopper defeated no one, that the point.
One of which is a scrub and the other having Big Mom do 95% of the work. I guess DR Usopp >>> DR Sanji because Usopp defeated someone that arc. Now show me that Nami can withstand the abuse Chopper went through against Queen and Perospero this arc and against Big Mom the previous one.

Though I liked the episode and thought it was decent, I really didn't feel like it was anything super special despite being a milestone episode. I suppose for me that the hype around just didn't quite measure up? Idk what I should have expected as I read the manga too, but at this point, I'm more hype to see Episode 1001!

Edit: dumb auto correct.
When I wrote this, I had watched the native episode on YouTube. Having watched it on Crunchyroll, my opinion has changed a bit. I now consider this a good episode, but nothing truly outstanding.

There were bits that gave me a chuckle like Juki being confused by Franky riding around on his motorcycle, Zoro sticking out of Queen's mouth, Sanji climbing out of the rubble, Usopp freaking out about Robin's humor and other stuff.

I'm still hyped to hell about Episode 1001! Finally, we can see what they decided that happened with Drake, Queen, WsW, and Hawkins. :steef:

Also queen freaking out about the grenade (unless it's just a fakeout). He is so expressive it's hilarious!! :milaugh:

What are you talking about? Luffy had a ton of really well animated scenes this episode.
Post automatically merged:

Why would you think we were getting multiple chapters?
Luffy scenes always seem lackluster to me compared to scenes like Zoro vs Samurai and Sanji’s germa transformation. Anime has always made Luffy look like a joke and more dumb than the manga. It isn’t anything new.

I had high hopes from 1000 that if they are preparing do much maybe the pacing won’t be as bad as usual. But guess you can’t have expectations.

Luffy scenes always seem lackluster to me compared to scenes like Zoro vs Samurai and Sanji’s germa transformation. Anime has always made Luffy look like a joke and more dumb than the manga. It isn’t anything new.

I had high hopes from 1000 that if they are preparing do much maybe the pacing won’t be as bad as usual. But guess you can’t have expectations.
???

They weren't though?

Luffy's scenes this episode were just as good if not a bit better than Zoro and Sanji's scenes this episode. Arguably, the characters who recieved the strongest stuff animation wise this episode was the sulong minks, who had a great opening flourish, a fantastic transformation sequence for the dukes, followed by a great showing from Naotoshi Shida(hell, Shida's uniquely sped style was actually really appropriate).

Luffy has plenty of stuff on the same level or better than stuff that Zoro and Sanji have recieved.

Fodder N°34848 can also break seastone just like candies said judge's boy did, Toei is on fire :milaugh:
I guess he could cut the chains if he used seastone scissors?

???

They weren't though?

Luffy's scenes this episode were just as good if not a bit better than Zoro and Sanji's scenes this episode. Arguably, the characters who recieved the strongest stuff animation wise this episode was the sulong minks, who had a great opening flourish, a fantastic transformation sequence for the dukes, followed by a great showing from Naotoshi Shida(hell, Shida's uniquely sped style was actually really appropriate).

Luffy has plenty of stuff on the same level or better than stuff that Zoro and Sanji have recieved.

I guess he could cut the chains if he used seastone scissors?
Which scenes were better, the animation team has always been biased against Luffy, especially in Wano. Luffy vs Ulti/page one was ass, not to forget the shit they pulled with zoro’s coc haki reveal for him to look cool and downplay Luffy and Zoro’s relationship. I also hate the current one piece art, they make Luffy look like adult with a 12 year old body most of the times.

Which scenes were better, the animation team has always been biased against Luffy, especially in Wano. Luffy vs Ulti/page one was ass, not to forget the shit they pulled with zoro’s coc haki reveal for him to look cool and downplay Luffy and Zoro’s relationship. I also hate the current one piece art, they make Luffy look like adult with a 12 year old body most of the times.
Luffy vs Ulti had plenty of good stuff. We had stuff like Luffy's Red Hawk against Holdem in the beginning of the arc, and we literally had Luffy vs Kaido, which is still among the best animated fighting episodes in Wano alongside episode 972.

Luffy also just generally has recieved a lot of consistent highlights for his action scenes(even though he literally hasn't been fighting anyone worthwhile).

It is unquestionable that Luffy receieves the most animation highlights out of any character.

Luffy vs Ulti had plenty of good stuff. We had stuff like Luffy's Red Hawk against Holdem in the beginning of the arc, and we literally had Luffy vs Kaido, which is still among the best animated fighting episodes in Wano alongside episode 972.

Luffy also just generally has recieved a lot of consistent highlights for his action scenes(even though he literally hasn't been fighting anyone worthwhile).

It is unquestionable that Luffy receieves the most animation highlights out of any character.
Some of the fight stuff from the early wano episodes were okay, apart from that I don’t like how ugly they animate Luffy in casual scenarios. It make me cringe everytime.

Bruh, Luffy is always pretty consistently well animated. Its not uncommon for him to recieve the animation highlight of an episode.
Keep living in delusion. The animators faves are Zoro and Sanji, they are barely doing justice to Luffy, look at the Sanji scenes where they gave him two cool scenes with the tie and the walk scene when they meet jinbe and they always make Luffy look like a bum. Toei is also always adding Zosan fillers and removing and modifying important Zoro Luffy scenes. In conclusion they are trash to me.

Last edited:
Keep living in delusion. The animators faves are Zoro and Sanji, they are barely doing justice to Luffy, look at the Sanji scenes where he gave him two cool scenes with tie and the walk when they meet jinbe and they always made Luffy look like a bum. Toei is also always adding Zosan fillers and removing and modifying important Zoro Luffy scenes. In conclusion they are trash to me.
No...because they also add tons of scenes of Luffy also doing cool stuff. Its not uncommon for Luffy to get scenes which are the animation highlight of the episode. Luffy hasn't had a terribly high number of important fights of late, but even a minor scene for Luffy like 978 where him, Kidd and Law destroyed the ship, was one of the best animated sequences in the entirety of the series.

In this episode, Luffy got a significant amount of more well animated action than Sanji, so I don't know what you're talking about. Luffy fighting his way to Queen's position, and Luffy's jet gattling are definite highlights of the episode, even in comparison to Zoro and Sanji's scenes(which were also really good).

Bruh, Luffy is always pretty consistently well animated. Its not uncommon for him to recieve the animation highlight of an episode.
bruh you don't even need to bother speaking anymore, these kind of folks are always gonna be calling the anime bad/shitty just for the sake of calling it bad no matter how many changes to the animation/direction are made (good or bad), and as a way to continue fitting their narrative of why they wouldn't watch One Piece when they constantly say the same thing over and over again every week on episode threads

they're gonna keep prolonging the conversation just to incite people more and more, it's a pointless battle

No...because they also add tons of scenes of Luffy also doing cool stuff. Its not uncommon for Luffy to get scenes which are the animation highlight of the episode. Luffy hasn't had a terribly high number of important fights of late, but even a minor scene for Luffy like 978 where him, Kidd and Law destroyed the ship, was one of the best animated sequences in the entirety of the series.

In this episode, Luffy got a significant amount of more well animated action than Sanji, so I don't know what you're talking about. Luffy fighting his way to Queen's position, and Luffy's jet gattling are definite highlights of the episode, even in comparison to Zoro and Sanji's scenes(which were also really good).
Fighting scenes are different, some of the early wano fights are good, but thats it. In casual settings, they don’t quite capture the Luffy vibe and anime has tendency to make Luffy look dumb and retarded. Not to forget anime has always downplayed the relationship between Luffy and Zoro and Luffy and Nami while they have no qualms adding several Zosan and Sanami filler moments. Even in early wano when Yasui was dead, they added this gag scene of Sanji and Zoro arguing which totally shat on one of the major character moment of Zoro.
bruh you don't even need to bother speaking anymore, these kind of folks are always gonna be calling the anime bad/shitty just for the sake of calling it bad no matter how many changes to the animation/direction are made (good or bad), and as a way to continue fitting their narrative of why they wouldn't watch One Piece when they constantly say the same thing over and over again every week on episode threads

they're gonna keep prolonging the conversation just to incite people more and more, it's a pointless battle
Cope, My God you anime dickriders are so annoying.

Last edited:
Fighting scenes are different, some of the early wano fights are good, but thats it. In casual settings, they don’t quite capture the Luffy vibe and anime has tendency to make Luffy look dumb and retarded. Not to forget anime has always downplayed the relationship between Luffy and Zoro and Luffy and Nami while they have no qualms adding several Zosan and Sanami filler moments. Even in early wano when Yasui was dead, they added this gag scene of Sanji and Zoro arguing which totally shat on one of the major characters moment of Zoro.
Cope, My God you anime dickriders are so annoying.
And you "anime haters" always claim you don't like watching the shit but always want talk and be here tf "I expected this" tf you expecting when you don't "fuck with them"