Questions & Mysteries Zoro being a King confirms that Zoro parallels Rayleigh as the Dark King of the New Generation

Zoro is for Luffy what Rayleigh was for Roger. Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 107 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.3%

• Total voters
Well, sharing a similar rank isn't going to prevent them from being stronger than one another unless you wanna tell me Zoro's future opponent Shiryu is close to his current opponent King.

People need to stop treating YC1 as anything more than a title. Nothing requires every YCs of the same rank has to be the same level besides headcannon unless someone is really going to argue that Smoothie is on the same level as Queen and Jozu.

Imagine people going “wow Luffy didn’t get much stronger post-TS since hes struggling with a Warlord when he already beat 2 before that.” Thats basically the logic people is about to get into.

People need to stop treating YC1 as anything more than a title. Nothing requires every YCs of the same rank has to be the same level besides headcannon unless someone is really going to argue that Smoothie is on the same level as Queen and Jozu.

Imagine people going “wow Luffy didn’t get much stronger post-TS since hes struggling with a Warlord when he already beat 2 before that.” Thats basically the logic people is about to get into.
The thing is Warlords aren't stuck in a deadlock with each other and balancing each other out that way so this argument makes no sense.
Yc1 level is a fan made term. Relying on it like canon will create flawed arguments
Disagree, the firstmates should be close enough to each other in power to keep the establiched deadlock and balance between emperors in place.

The thing is Warlords aren't stuck in a deadlock with each other and balancing each other out that way so this argument makes no sense.

Disagree, the firstmates should be close enough to each other in power to keep the establiched deadlock and balance between emperors in place.
The Yonkou crews as a whole are in deadlock, doesn’t mean each officer of the same “rank” has to be comparable. Like I said, is anyone really going to argue that Smoothies has been portrayed on the same level as Queen or Jozu besides the fact that they are the YC2?

The RHP are the smallest Yonkou crew, so its generally agreed that their YCs are going to be stronger than their respective counterparts. We all know the Straw Hats and the Blackbeard Pirates are going to fight at some point. Are we really going to say Zoro and Sanji are going to surpass “YC1” and “YC2” level in this arc and then go back to struggling versus “mere” YC1 and YC2 again?

I don’t know about you but there sure seems to be alot of outlier YC1s and YC2s (half of the current Yonkou crews?!)

Smoothie is a mystery, we should really calm down before acting preposterous enough to pretend to have a clear understanding of her power level bar a broad range we can pin.:cheers:

Which balance? Big Mom and Kaido haven't even met in at least a decade.

Marco didn't even know about King.

Also characters like Beckman are canonically superior to other yc1s and close to his captain yet the "balance" is still remains. Which means inner crew strength varies

So like I said, yc1 is a fan made term which doesn't place a cap on any character.

Which balance? Big Mom and Kaido haven't even met in at least a decade.

Marco didn't even know about King.

Also characters like Beckman are canonically superior to other yc1s and close to his captain yet the "balance" is still remains. Which means inner crew strength varies

So like I said, yc1 is a fan made term which doesn't place a cap on any character.
Them meeting or not is of no consequence, the narrative said they are in a deadlock and canceling each other.

If you excuse for them balancing each other out is that they didnt meet at all then its a lazy and dumb excuse and frankly insulting towards Oda.

Beckman is superior yes but the RHP crew is significantly smaller, whereas the BP and BMP are about equal number wise.
Post automatically merged:

The Yonkou crews as a whole are in deadlock, doesn’t mean each officer of the same “rank” has to be comparable. Like I said, is anyone really going to argue that Smoothies has been portrayed on the same level as Queen or Jozu besides the fact that they are the YC2?

The RHP are the smallest Yonkou crew, so its generally agreed that their YCs are going to be stronger than their respective counterparts. We all know the Straw Hats and the Blackbeard Pirates are going to fight at some point. Are we really going to say Zoro and Sanji are going to surpass “YC1” and “YC2” level in this arc and then go back to struggling versus “mere” YC1 and YC2 again?

I don’t know about you but there sure seems to be alot of outlier YC1s and YC2s (half of the current Yonkou crews?!)
They kind have to be overall at the same strength, while RHP is smaller and has stronger officers the BP and BMP are about the same number wise so it makes no sense that King is significantly stronger than Kat, else they would litteraly wash the BMP and it goes against the narrative in place.

Likewise you seem to be judging smoothie when she litteraly has 0 feat, feels like a jump in conclusion tbh. People were doing the same thing when it came to King and his lack of action before he fought Zoro and displayed his current feats.

Zoro and Sanji will beat YC1 and YC2 then the next arc will fight stronger foes, I believe there is a difference between YC1 and First mates/ VC, for example Beckman would be a Vice Captain and Shanks partner ( kinda like Rayleigh was to Roger) whereas King is stated to be Kaido's subbordinate, not his partner.

Them meeting or not is of no consequence, the narrative said they are in a deadlock and canceling each other.

If you excuse for them balancing each other out is that they didnt meet at all then its a lazy and dumb excuse and frankly insulting towards Oda.

Beckman is superior yes but the RHP crew is significantly smaller, whereas the BP and BMP are about equal number wise.
And those two things are not mutually exclusive. They can still be in a deadlock without each member being equals

It isn't an excuse. It is manga fact that they've never met. You can call Oda names for that.
It isn't the only point either

They are about equal in number so? Does that make each member equal?

And those two things are not mutually exclusive. They can still be in a deadlock without each member being equals

It isn't an excuse. It is manga fact that they've never met. You can call Oda names for that.
It isn't the only point either

They are about equal in number so? Does that make each member equal?
They never met yet they are said to be in a deadlock and that they balance each other out mate.

Meaning if they meet they should be able to balance each other out or be deadlocked.

Saying they are not equal goes against the narrative.

We have now blatant confirmation that Zoro = Rayleigh and Luffy = Roger
No and u clearly posted It yourself.

"This Number suits them well"

So Luffy having higher bounty than Zoro suits him, which means Luffy > Zoro.
And also, please Kaido >>> King.
I Also have other arguments but probably a lot of people made them and u won't listen anyway.

They kind have to be overall at the same strength, while RHP is smaller and has stronger officers the BP and BMP are about the same number wise so it makes no sense that King is significantly stronger than Kat, else they would litteraly wash the BMP and it goes against the narrative in place.
I think King at the very least would high-diff Katakuri, so not necessarily significantly stronger but a clear difference.

Inferiority by a few officers can be offset by superiority in other fronts. BP is clearly top heavy with a whole bunch of grubs. BMP seems to be have a deeper bench of vet level characters. BMP has like 70 something ministers like Oven, Daifuku, etc. I am not sure how many headliners BP have, but besides the Tobiroppo, none of them seem particularly impressive.

Jack and Pespero are portrayed in the same light given their recent defeat by the Dukes. Given that he wasn’t even part of the original 4 Sweet Commanders, Pespero is BMP’s YC5?

Besides I don’t think theres anything that requires that if BP is 100, the BMP have to be 100 as well. The BMP could be high-diffed by the BP as a whole, the issue is that BP would take enough losses to make them vulnerable to the other Yonkou crews. Deadlocks doesn’t have to mean every crew is equal

Likewise you seem to be judging smoothie when she litteraly has 0 feat, feels like a jump in conclusion tbh. People were doing the same thing when it came to King and his lack of action before he fought Zoro and displayed his current feats.
I want to give Smoothie the benefit of the doubt but I am skeptical that she will ever have a chance to prove herself. Regardless, even in terms of portrayal, Queen and Jozu have is presently narratively as comparable to King and Marco, while Smoothie never had anything like that with Katakuri.

Zoro and Sanji will beat YC1 and YC2 then the next arc will fight stronger foes, I believe there is a difference between YC1 and First mates/ VC, for example Beckman would be a Vice Captain and Shanks partner ( kinda like Rayleigh was to Roger) whereas King is stated to be Kaido's subbordinate, not his partner.
I though the latest VC specifically indicates King as Kaido’s right hand man and lead All-star. Oda also seems to just lump in all the number 2s in the recent Zoro cover. Regardless, seems that we are in agreement that Shiryuu and Sanjis blackbeard pirates opponent gonna surpass their current YC1 and YC2 opponent. So thats at least 2/5 of the YC1 and YC2 that doesn’t fit into the YC1/YC2 powerscale…

At the end of the day I think it sets a baseline, not a ceiling if you will.

Last edited:
The crew is more or less similar to Red hair than roger pirates.

Given oda already stated sanji and zoro are wings of pirate king . So zoro is not rayleigh and zoro is not dark king .

You would have to blind and extremely oblivious to ignore that there are clear parallels between Rayleigh and Zoro. Oda has again and again also distinguished Luffy Zoro duo and paralleled them with several important figures in the series like Shanks Mihawk, Smoker Tashigi, Coby Helmeppo, Crocodile Mr 1 etc.

"Zoro is Rayleigh of new generation" was confirmed the moment Rayleigh got revealed.

Though other than that, he's also Ryuuma of new generation, similar to how Luffy is not only Roger but parallel to Joy Boy, as well.

Prime Zoro >>>>> Prime Rayleigh

Rayleigh wouldn't be an important and legendary figure without Roger. Zoro's name would reach heavens even if he wasnt a part of the strawhats.
Yet zoro will be remembered as Luffy's underling first then WSS

He's just like Ray, in fact without strawhats, zoro won't survive NW