Who do you really respect among Dragon Ball characters ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Gohan because living in a world like that, with that family, that father, that constant danger upon his life, he still managed to live a "normal life" : going to school, university, having a job, a girlfriend etc.

He doesn't follow the classic way of following his father's steps and it is really great.

For my personnal opinion I really respect human characters such as Krilin, Roshi, Yamcha or Tien who despite being largely outclassed by the Saiyans and others in terms of power still keep training and fighting to get stronger and defend Earth and whose skills and creativity are not to be underestimated.

I also respect Gohan for being that powerful yet choosing a normal life and to dedicate himself to his family over Following his father's footstep.

I also respect Piccolo for being such a cool guy and mentor, who's not as powerful as the Saiyans but whose experience, skills and intelligence make up for it and who's a true dad to Gohan and granddad to Pan and who often acts as the voice of reason.

I also respect characters who managed to get as strong or even stronger than Saiyans without the transformations, ressurections or Zenkai boosts such as Hit, Toppo or Jiren. Jiren in particular is someone I respect whenever you like his personnality or not because he managed to become far more powerful than the Saiyans on his own without the assets I mentioned and for being very capable of holding his own against UI even the first time despite how much of a power-up it is.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Lord Frieza. Reread the Namek Saga, and he is delightful at every turn. He maintains a masterful faux persona of his calm, collected and polite individual whilst ordering the slaughter or demises of countless Namekians. He’s cunning when he needs to be, joyful when the cards are in his hand and an adept fighter despite the clear lack of challenge in his existence.

Common misconceptions around Lord Frieza is that he kills henchmen easily and he loses his temper quickly. Both are false. Only once does Lord Frieza threaten someone—Zarbon for his follies in the quest for immortality—and be never strikes down a single soldier in his employ.

Frieza doesn’t show much petulance either or succumbs to a babbling embarrassment (which, ironically, Cell does quite readily). Instead he continues to fight Goku after Super Saiyan was displayed, concocted a strategy to ensure his victory but nonetheless fought Goku by himself despite it all. In the face of his true fear, Frieza would not surrender quietly nor entrust the planets destruction in removing Goku from the universe. The only moment we see frieza display anything close to what the fandom associates with him is after being cut in two by his own attack, and receiving energy (and pity) from this half evolved monkey.

Which, he lost his most elite mercenaries, his legs, a fight against his dreaded nightmare and his opportunity for immortality. It’s not shocking that his will broke and he acted the way he did.

In short, respect DBZ Frieza.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Bradock (goku father) is also quite interesting : he is a "true" saiyans (a killer) with pride etc but along the way he managed to care for his companions, managed to see the meaningless life he lived taking lives after lives.

He also rebeled against Frieza (failed), try to save his people but failed.

He managed to see beyond the society he lived in and questioned himself enough to change. Respect.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Tien is the unluckiest character in the entire Dragon Ball universe - powerful enough that he should be considered one of the strongest people on earth, but not strong enough to keep up with most of the Z Fighters; became roughly as important as fodder halfway through the Android saga; did nothing against Cell and wasn’t even invited to fight against Buu (barely managed to register on the Majin’s radar when he DID end up facing him for a moment); doesn’t even get to fuse with anyone in the hopes of being brought into a fight. I’m glad he got a tiny bit of respect during the ToP, but he’s been suffering from a notable lack of the same for a looooong time.

On the flip side, Android 17 is one of the most underutilized characters in the series, had a HUGE reintroduction with the ToP (and even held the fate of the entire multiverse in his hands for a second), is still incredibly powerful despite being relegated to park ranging, is a family man who fights for a better world, and is unassailably cool and detached whenever he shows up. Smells like an MVP to me.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I did not know she existed before you posted this. So fair point. We need to remember the forgotten characters.
I literally only remember her because I find it SO bizarre that Krillin, after having a baby with Android 18, chose THAT name of all possible names in this world or the Dragon Ball universe...he just had to use the name of the woman he was banging BEFORE he met the mother of his offspring.

I literally only remember her because I find it SO bizarre that Krillin, after having a baby with Android 18, chose THAT name of all possible names in this world or the Dragon Ball universe...he just had to use the name of the woman he was banging BEFORE he met the mother of his offspring.
Amen for studying pairings in anime. Won't deny 18 is like a barbie doll come to life, So no surprises there. She is easily 18 and above. No jailbait. Her name says it all. All Krillian had to do was hold her after she passed out.

N

NeutralWatcher

Tien. Used to be Goku's rival. Even after Goku defeats Frieza, Tien admits he cannot catch up to Goku but he still trains and participates in Android Saga, Majin Buu saga (he saved Dende) and in DBS he participates in fighting Frieza's army and ToP