Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Renpa Army

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Name: Riboku
State: Zhao
Achievements: Orchestrated the death of Ouki, Orchestrated the death of Gekishin, Formed the Coalition army to eliminate the state of Qin (failed), etc.

Name: Renpa
State: Zhao (Former), Wei (Former), Chu
Achievements: Has waged war against the greatest generals of all time including the Great Generals of Qin and has skill on par with them, once stalled out Haku Ki and Ouki for two years straight, etc.

Riboku's Troops:
-
Riboku has 100,000 men, including his personally trained men that he used against Ousen's army in Zhao.
-Riboku has Shinsuiju, Banaji, Chou Garyuu, and Gyou'Un as his deputy generals

Renpa's Troops:
-Renpa has 100,000 men, including his deputy's elite troops that were shown when he was with Wei
-Renpa has the Four Heavenly Kings (Rinko, Genpo, Kaishibou, Kyou En) as his deputy generals

Battle ends when either Riboku or Renpa are slain. Who Wins and Why?

Some Tags for some Kingdom fans @Guan Yu @Kingslayer @Shanks @Finalbeta etc etc etc etc

So it depends on how Riboku and Renpa pair up their debuties, but imo Riboku would win this one more often than not, Riboku without Chou Garyuu and Gyou'Un would lose to Renpa but give him the extra deputies and he would clutch it out. As for the deputies:

Gyou'Un Vs Rinko: Both very offensive generals but I think Gyou'Un would defeat Rinko. Gyou'Un being a very dangerous Instinctual Type and also being one of the literal strongest warriors in China, is too much for Rinko. Rinko obviously very skilled and versatile but Gyou'Un would be too much for him to deal with.

Bananji Vs Kaishibou: Probably Bananji but this one could go either way. They are comparable in strength but Bananji has more tactical feats than Kaishibou does.

Chou Garyuu vs Kyou'En: This is probably the most mixed one, I don't think either really has the advantage here.

Shinsuiju vs Genpo: Genpo wins. Genpo was a mind so great that Renpa claimed that he could've served as the head of the entire Zhao military. Shinsuiju is no joke but Genpo's hype is pretty insane. His tactical feats in battle are pretty awesome too whereas Shinsuiju's tactical feats are great but not on Genpo's level imho.

And then finally, Riboku vs Renpa: There's a million different ways this fight could go down, but ultimately I think, in most cases, Renpa would be forced to charge himself on Riboku, because Riboku would try to use his superior tactics and strategic ability to try and fight a winning war of attrition against Renpa. Renpa is actually a really strong strategist but Riboku is pretty much the greatest tactician we've ever seen in the manga, so imo Renpa is not out-strategizing Riboku. Meaning Renpa would be forced to commit himself to charging on Riboku's HQ to personally slay him, to attempt to win.

Problem with that is that Riboku would never try to engage Renpa in an actual 1v1 duel. I think he would know Renpa would win, so he would try to defeat Renpa by use of formations like the Ryuudo to split Renpa up from the rest of his troops, as well as using the troops he used against Ousen, which ultimately would stall him out and allow Riboku to win.

So I'd say Riboku wins 6 out of 10 battles

Team Renpa is winning this with ease. Riboku can't match the combination of both Renpa and Genpo, who stalled best duo of Qin - HakuKi and Ouki.

Renpa is someone who fights the battle from front so :

Renpa vs GyouUn (mightiest in team Riboku) : Renpa takes this.

Banaji vs KaishiBoi : KaishiBoi with ease.

ShunShuiju vs KyouEn : This matchup would be pretty difficult to say eho would win this.

CGR vs Rinko : This is again an extreme diff fight. Could go either way but I'm in favour of Rinko.

Genpo should be watching all this from HQ and mobilise whole army on all fronts. Also he would be tackling Riboku's other generals as well.

I know we havent seen Riboku's fighting prowess properly yet, but as it currently stands, Renpa alone will slaughter Ribokus' top dogs. Riboku needs Houken to balance things up.
Both of Riboku's greatest achievement till now are due to Houken.

Against Ouki, it was surprise entrance made by Riboku's army which affected the momentum otherwise Houken was going to die that day.

Against Gekishin, Ribiku started losing on all fronts than suddenly Houken made his entrance and killed Gekishin.

Riboku surely gave Zhao strategist a good plan but Ouki destroyed it with ease and also predicted that a new army going to interrupt this battle. While Gekishin destroyed Riboku's formation when Riboku was leading himself.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Team Renpa is winning this with ease. Riboku can't match the combination of both Renpa and Genpo, who stalled best duo of Qin - HakuKi and Ouki.

Renpa is someone who fights the battle from front so :

Renpa vs GyouUn (mightiest in team Riboku) : Renpa takes this.

Banaji vs KaishiBoi : KaishiBoi with ease.

ShunShuiju vs KyouEn : This matchup would be pretty difficult to say eho would win this.

CGR vs Rinko : This is again an extreme diff fight. Could go either way but I'm in favour of Rinko.

Genpo should be watching all this from HQ and mobilise whole army on all fronts. Also he would be tackling Riboku's other generals as well.
Both of Riboku's greatest achievement till now are due to Houken.

Against Ouki, it was surprise entrance made by Riboku's army which affected the momentum otherwise Houken was going to die that day.

Against Gekishin, Ribiku started losing on all fronts than suddenly Houken made his entrance and killed Gekishin.

Riboku surely gave Zhao strategist a good plan but Ouki destroyed it with ease and also predicted that a new army going to interrupt this battle. While Gekishin destroyed Riboku's formation when Riboku was leading himself.
I think y’all are grossly overrating Renpa’s fighting ability and grossly underrating Riboku’s strategic ability.

Renpa has to go pretty hard to defeat Mougou who is for sure weaker than Bananji and Gyou’Un. Bananji was directly stated to be comparable to Renpa and Kaishibou in strength, and Gyou’Un is stronger than Bananji Lol.

Y’all also act like Riboku’s superior strategic ability to Renpa will have no effect on this matchup. He will read Renpa like a book and make the necessary counters.

My bad, meant to tag you @Nidai_Kitetsu

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I would side with renpa here. I feel riboku works on tactics he needs powerful men on his side.
Riboku does have 2 Renpa Level dudes in his side, Bananji who was directly compared to Renpa himself, and Gyou’Un who is stronger than Bananji.

Plus Riboku is far greater tactically than Renpa. People give Renpa credit for matching Ouki but ignore that Riboku slayed Ouki lol

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Do you remember Mougou is the daddy of Moubu? There is a reason why Renpa had to go hard on him.
Lmao, I dont think Riboku has two Renpa level people on his side. Renpa is Renpa.
Mougou is strong af but he is definitely weaker than Bananji and Gyou’Un lol. Dude was in his 70s when he gave Renpa a hard fight.

And sure Riboku does. Bananji has been directly compared to Renpa lol. That’s the method of hype he received, “he’s in the same strength tier as Renpa”

Being a GG doesn’t mean you’re by default a superior fighter to non-GGs, there are numerous examples of non GGs being stronger than GGs. Frankly bananji being compared to Renpa means there’s a legit chance that Gyou’Un > Renpa.

H

Homelander

Riboku does have 2 Renpa Level dudes in his side, Bananji who was directly compared to Renpa himself, and Gyou’Un who is stronger than Bananji.

Plus Riboku is far greater tactically than Renpa. People give Renpa credit for matching Ouki but ignore that Riboku slayed Ouki lol
Maybe i am not update with recent chapters who is working under riboku.

I did hear gyou'UN is tough as nut. I am planning to buy the volume of last two edition.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Maybe i am not update with recent chapters who is working under riboku.

I did hear gyou'UN is tough as nut. I am planning to but the volume of last two edition.
Oh no, you’re good bro haha. Read the battle terms I posted, I agree with you that Riboku cannot defeat Renpa in war, but I gave Riboku extra deputy generals to even the fight in the opening post lol

I think y’all are grossly overrating Renpa’s fighting ability and grossly underrating Riboku’s strategic ability.

Renpa has to go pretty hard to defeat Mougou who is for sure weaker than Bananji and Gyou’Un. Bananji was directly stated to be comparable to Renpa and Kaishibou in strength, and Gyou’Un is stronger than Bananji Lol.

Y’all also act like Riboku’s superior strategic ability to Renpa will have no effect on this matchup. He will read Renpa like a book and make the necessary counters.

My bad, meant to tag you @Nidai_Kitetsu
This was said by Riboku himself to his subordinates:

"Nine out of 10 it will be the Wei army's victory. After all if it's a head on clash against Renpa...including me, there is not a single commander alive right now capable of besting him."

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This was said by Riboku himself to his subordinates:

"Nine out of 10 it will be the Wei army's victory. After all if it's a head on clash against Renpa...including me, there is not a single commander alive right now capable of besting him."
Correct, but Riboku didn't have Shinsuiju or Bananji back then. Plus, I also gave him Chou Garyuu and Gyou'Un in this matchup.

Without those deputies, Renpa wins

Mougou is strong af but he is definitely weaker than Bananji and Gyou’Un lol. Dude was in his 70s when he gave Renpa a hard fight.

And sure Riboku does. Bananji has been directly compared to Renpa lol. That’s the method of hype he received, “he’s in the same strength tier as Renpa”

Being a GG doesn’t mean you’re by default a superior fighter to non-GGs, there are numerous examples of non GGs being stronger than GGs. Frankly bananji being compared to Renpa means there’s a legit chance that Gyou’Un > Renpa.
Banaji's arm strength was compared to Renpa, and yes also Kaishibou. Will you next consider Kaishibou to be as strong as Renpa, lol.

Gyou'un was compared to Rinko and Kaishibou. Is Gyou'un is weaker than Sanyou arc Shin who killed Rinko? Who killed him last chapter, someone stronger than Renpa? :p

You dont understand Renpa's stature in the series. He is on a different level only comparable to guys like Ouki, Houken and Moubu as a fighter. He got probably 98 in datasheet (i cant remember to be exact), one of the highest in the series.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Banaji's arm strength was compared to Renpa, and yes also Kaishibou. Will you next consider Kaishibou to be as strong as Renpa, lol.

Gyou'un was compared to Rinko and Kaishibou. Is Gyou'un is weaker than Sanyou arc Shin who killed Rinko? Who killed him last chapter, someone stronger than Renpa? :p

You dont understand Renpa's stature in the series. He is on a different level only comparable to guys like Ouki, Houken and Moubu as a fighter. He got probably 98 in datasheet (i cant remember to be exact), one of the highest in the series.
What's the difference between "arm Strength" and "strength"? Lol

But besides, no Bananji's "arm strength" was never compared to anything, it was just straight up "strength" that was comparable to Renpa.

Gyou'Un was stated in "ability" to be comparable to Kaishibou and Rinko. Ability encompasses a lot more than just strength, Rinko new some crazy formations and was a very strong tactician. Kaishibou hasn't shown that much but he is directly stated to be Renpa's equal in strength so Gyou'Un having similar ability isn't surprising.

Renpa has absolutely no feats that put him on a different level as a fighter than Bananji and Kaishibou when he's been stated multiple times to be equal to them. Renpa visibly struggled with Mougou who again is strong, but is weaker than Bananji, Kaisihibou, and Gyou'Un.

Databook stats are horse crap, there are numerous inconsistencies in them. And Renpa has a 97 in strength, not a 98.

Regardless, Renpa (97) struggled against Mougou (89). So that should tell you what the strength stat is worth.

Correct, but Riboku didn't have Shinsuiju or Bananji back then. Plus, I also gave him Chou Garyuu and Gyou'Un in this matchup.

Without those deputies, Renpa wins
Shinshuiju and Banaji were always on Riboku's side but those two remained in northern region most of the time.

People give Renpa credit for matching Ouki but ignore that Riboku slayed Ouki lol
Renpa didn't just matched Ouki but both Ouki and HakuKi at the same time. Also he was like leader of the 3 GH as well. Even in history he was praised as both martial and strategical beast.

What's the difference between "arm Strength" and "strength"? Lol

But besides, no Bananji's "arm strength" was never compared to anything, it was just straight up "strength" that was comparable to Renpa.

Gyou'Un was stated in "ability" to be comparable to Kaishibou and Rinko. Ability encompasses a lot more than just strength, Rinko new some crazy formations and was a very strong tactician. Kaishibou hasn't shown that much but he is directly stated to be Renpa's equal in strength so Gyou'Un having similar ability isn't surprising.

Renpa has absolutely no feats that put him on a different level as a fighter than Bananji and Kaishibou when he's been stated multiple times to be equal to them. Renpa visibly struggled with Mougou who again is strong, but is weaker than Bananji, Kaisihibou, and Gyou'Un.

Databook stats are horse crap, there are numerous inconsistencies in them. And Renpa has a 97 in strength, not a 98.

Regardless, Renpa (97) struggled against Mougou (89). So that should tell you what the strength stat is worth.
Last time I checked Mougu got his arm cut and Renpa showed him mercy by not killing him. People will think Mougu killed Renpa reading your exaggeration.

It's true the Data books are not reliable but the 1st/2nd came from the author himself.

Renpa has accomplishments, one of the 3 generals who stands on the same pedestal with Qin's 6; you cant compare him to Kaishibou or Banaji. He has the great general factor. There is a reason why Houken was losing to Ouki even though it's kind of clear the author wanted to portray Houken as the strongest in the series.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Last time I checked Mougu got his arm cut and Renpa showed him mercy by not killing him. People will think Mougu killed Renpa reading your exaggeration.
Not so, Renpa definitely defeated Mougou but Mougou slugged it out with him quite a bit before the W lol.

Renpa has accomplishments, one of the 3 generals who stands on the same pedestal with Qin's 6; you cant compare him to Kaishibou or Banaji. He has the great general factor. There is a reason why Houken was losing to Ouki even though it's kind of clear the author wanted to portray Houken as the strongest in the series.
The Great General factor doesn't really mean anything, you have Great Generals like Kou Shou, Rinshoujou, Riboku, etc. Who either have straight up no martial ability or who never use their martial ability in combat. You can stand on the same pedastal as Ouki, HakuKi, Oukotsu, Renpa, etc without having any martial ability whatsoever. Martial ability is only one aspect of being a Great General.

And when Bananji and Kaishibou are directly compared to Renpa in strength, you know that Renpa achieving more than them in life is due to factors aside from actual strength.

@Admiral Lee Hung I am leaning towards the Riboku Army winning this one overall.

The best matchup for the Riboku Army (minus Riboku vs Renpa) is;

1) Chougaryuu vs Kyouen: Stale mate.
2) Bananji vs Rinko: Bananji victory or stale mate.
3) Gyou’un vs Kaishibou: Gyou’un victory, Kaishibou slain.
4) Shunsuiji vs Genpo: Genpo victory, Shunsuiji retreats.

Gyou’un steam rolls Kashibou. His Instinctual talent will allow him to greatly outmaneuver Kashibou and his heavy cavalry. Kashibou in turn, does not fare well against unorthodox tactics as proven with how he struggled against Kanki. Gyou’un is the superior dualist and with his Instinct and the Ten Spears, he will maneuver Kashibou into the Raigoku. From here, Gyou’un is free to assist whoever needs it most, probably Shinsuiji.

Bananji vs Rinko is straight forward. Both are decent tacticians and offence oriented Generals but Bananji is just straight up superior in a dual. He will kill Rinko if they clash head on. Rinko could try to keep his distance but Rinko excels at offence, not defense. Bananji will smash through any defences Rinko sets up. At best, Rinko could use speed and his elite guard to stall Bananji. Whether this will be enough to escape Bananji’s Ganmon steed and his strength is debatable. If necessary, Gyou’un can send reinforcements.

Chougaryuu vs Kyouen is a potentially even matchup if CGR focuses on defence. Chougaryuu’s sifting sands could be enough to hold off the offence oriented Kyouen. Both are also adapt tacticians with CGR being RSJ’s best subordinate strategist and Kyouen having given both Ousen and Renpa difficultly in the past. CGR should last long enough for assistance to arrive.

Shunsuiji vs Genpo is a Genpo victory. Shunsuiji just doesn’t match him for tactics and isn’t strong enough to just punch through Genpo’s defences. However, it will take longer for Genpo to defeat Shunsuiji than any other Heavenly King, long enough for assistance to potentially arrive, hence why this is the best matchup for Shunsuiji.

Best matchup for the Four Kings (minus Riboku vs Renpa) is;

1) Rinko vs Chougaryuu: Rinko victory, Chougaryuu slain.
2) Kyouen vs Gyou’un: Stale mate
3) Genpo vs Bananji: Genpo victory, Bananji retreats.
4) Kaishibou vs Shunsuiji: Kaishibou victory, Shinsuiji retreats.

Rinko is an expert at demolishing defensive formations, dude even busted through Ouki’s lines. Rindo will tear apart the Sifting Sands formation. Chougaryuu himself cannot match Rinko in a dual and neither can the Jo bros while Rinko’s personal retinue will either be superior or match the Dojaku. Rinko is also a good tactician so Chougaryuu is unlikely to catch Rinko off guard like he might Kaishibou. From here, Rinko is free to assist whoever.

Kyouen is a strategist that gave even Renpa and Ousen trouble. His focus on assault and ranged combat will likely give even the instinctual Gyou’un a difficult time. While it is unlikely that Kyouen would kill Gyou’un, he could definitely kill the Ten Spears if they got within his range thus preventing a Raigoku. These two would likely stall each other until assistance arrives for Kyouen from either Rinko or Kaishibou.

Genpo’s tactics would run circles around Bananji, who himself is reliant on Riboku giving him direction. Genpo would destroy Bananji’s Army even if he cannot do much about Bananji himself.

Shunsuiji is a superior strategist to Kaishibou but he simply lacks both the martial ability or troops to hold back Kaishibou and his shock troops. Kaishibou would likely not be able to catch up to the swift footed Shunsuiji and slay him but he will destroy his army.

Riboku vs Renpa.

This goes to Riboku. Between his advanced formations such as the Ryuudo and Great Crane, tactics such false headquarters and his hybrid instinctual/strategic troops he will whittle down Renpa’s Army while making certain to avoid Renpa at all costs. Renpa himself will not die but he will have to force his Army to withdraw.

With Renpa retreating and Riboku’s main force still intact then even if the worst matchups for Riboku’s Army happens, Riboku can reorganise his forces and strike again.
Post automatically merged:

On a side note, with Gyou’un and Chougaryuu on his side, Riboku will have detailed insider knowledge of Renpa since those two fought alongside him. Meanwhile, Riboku would be a relatively unknown individual to Renpa.

This would allow Riboku to have an advantage in setting up strategies against the Renpa Army.

Last edited: