Break Week Spoiler withdrawl character theory discussion thread #1 SABO/ revolutionary army

Since we have a month off and surely won't be receiving any spoilers in the near future, let's discuss a different topic each week about the world outside of wano that we want answers about. For the first week's topic of discussion, predictions for the news about sabo. What do you think happened, and based off your predictions of what happened involving sabo, how do you think the revolutionary army reacted in the weeks since receiving the news.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Since we have a month off and surely won't be receiving any spoilers in the near future, let's discuss a different topic each week about the world outside of wano that we want answers about. For the first week's topic of discussion, predictions for the news about sabo. What do you think happened, and based off your predictions of what happened involving sabo, how do you think the revolutionary army reacted in the weeks since receiving the news.
Sabo got caught protecting Vivi, and Cobra died somehow in the process. The WG realized they couldn't just kill Vivi after her father died, or it would look suspicious as fuck, so, instead, they charge her as a pirate who sailed with the Straw Hats (nice Chekov's gun there from Oda). Sabo and Vivi get shipped to Impel Down (mirroring Luffy and Boa, another royal, going to Impel Down).

Mr. 2, Bon Kurei, OKAMA WAAAAY, will help Sabo due to connections with Ivaknov, and help Vivi to make up for Alabasta, finally repaying his debt. Doflamingo will also help them escape.

Luffy in Impel Down:
-Was brought with a royal (Boa = Vivi)
-Was helped by Bon Kurei and a revolutionary (Ivankov = Sabo)
-Was helped by an evil Shichibukai who enslaved a nation (Crocodile = Doflamingo)
-Luffy's brother is imprisoned (Ace = Sabo)

Great duality, as usual with Oda's writing.

Doflamingo and Mr. 2 will hit it off:
-Both love pink
-Both have birds motifs (Doflamingo... is just look at him, and Bon Kurei with the swans on his outfit)
-Both usurped a country by lying about its king and impersonating them in some fashion
-Both fights with their legs primarily
-Both are giant perverts

And, then, Sabo, seeing Luffy's vivre card burn up during his "death" with Kaido, will zoom to Wano with Mr. 2/Vivi/Doffy.

To me, the Revolutionary's crazy reaction was because the WG claimed that Sabo killed Cobra and was captured, and that Vivi was a Straw Hat Pirate.

Sabo got caught protecting Vivi, and Cobra died somehow in the process. The WG realized they couldn't just kill Vivi after her father died, or it would look suspicious as fuck, so, instead, they charge her as a pirate who sailed with the Straw Hats (nice Chekov's gun there from Oda). Sabo and Vivi get shipped to Impel Down (mirroring Luffy and Boa, another royal, going to Impel Down).

Mr. 2, Bon Kurei, OKAMA WAAAAY, will help Sabo due to connections with Ivaknov, and help Vivi to make up for Alabasta, finally repaying his debt. Doflamingo will also help them escape.

Luffy in Impel Down:
-Was brought with a royal (Boa = Vivi)
-Was helped by Bon Kurei and a revolutionary (Ivankov = Sabo)
-Was helped by an evil Shichibukai who enslaved a nation (Crocodile = Doflamingo)
-Luffy's brother is imprisoned (Ace = Sabo)

Great duality, as usual with Oda's writing.

Doflamingo and Mr. 2 will hit it off:
-Both love pink
-Both have birds motifs (Doflamingo... is just look at him, and Bon Kurei with the swans on his outfit)
-Both usurped a country by lying about its king and impersonating them in some fashion
-Both fights with their legs primarily
-Both are giant perverts

And, then, Sabo, seeing Luffy's vivre card burn up during his "death" with Kaido, will zoom to Wano with Mr. 2/Vivi/Doffy.

To me, the Revolutionary's crazy reaction was because the WG claimed that Sabo killed Cobra and was captured, and that Vivi was a Straw Hat Pirate.
I like a lot of what you theorized, except the part about bon clay and mingo becoming friends. Doflamingo is an evil piece of shit, I say he stays on the enemies side.

I like a lot of what you theorized, except the part about bon clay and mingo becoming friends. Doflamingo is an evil piece of shit, I say he stays on the enemies side.
Doffy is evil now, but he was once a good person, on some level. He honestly loved/loves his mother, and most of his hatred towards the Celestial Dragons comes from her death/his suffering. I love Bon Kurei, but he caused a ton of destruction and death in Alabasta. If I'm willing to forgive Bon Kurei, I'll forgive Doflamingo if he turns himself around.

Doflamingo will be part of the allies side if he survives, because his entire desire is to destroy the Celestial Dragons. If Luffy wants to do that, too, then Doffy will cackle and join in.

Sabo most likely flee with Vivi and to save face WG spread fake news of Sabos death..
Other commandors most likely got caught or few of them died sadly..
Pretty sure that Bonnie might hace helped them to escape..he df is really good for escape
Imagining 5-year-old Sabo rolling a ball of yarn around with kitten Lindbergh gives me life.

I think the Revolutionaries will be safe. Can't remember Oda killing characters off screen.

Edit: Welp I'm wrong, Absalom got killed off screen.

Last edited:
Doffy is evil now, but he was once a good person, on some level. He honestly loved/loves his mother, and most of his hatred towards the Celestial Dragons comes from her death/his suffering. I love Bon Kurei, but he caused a ton of destruction and death in Alabasta. If I'm willing to forgive Bon Kurei, I'll forgive Doflamingo if he turns himself around.

Doflamingo will be part of the allies side if he survives, because his entire desire is to destroy the Celestial Dragons. If Luffy wants to do that, too, then Doffy will cackle and join in.
With that kind of rationalization I bet you could forgive Hitler too huh? He liked straight white people with blonde hair and blue eyes and probably his mom or some shit... doflamingo is irredeemable there are lines that you can't come back from crossing. Bon clay was a party to crocodiles terrorizing of alabasta and was directly responsible for some of what happened there but he was part of a bad group of people that we don't know how he came to be involved with them in the first place so it could be a similar situation Robin with crocodile just trying to survive, none the less even just meeting Mr2 at random not knowing who he was luffy was able to tell bon clay was a good person at heart. Doflamingo was molded by hate at a very young age and became the monster we met in dressrosa. If doflamingo has a change of heart I don't see any chance of it happening before luffy changes the world into something he can't hate. Also doflamingos hate for celestial dragons isn't any greater than his hate for everyone else.