General & Others Why do so many people think Wano is the best arc?

Wano was disappointing it had its highlights,sure.But it could have been writing some much better.It should have felt like a losing battle until straw hats took out the officers and the supernovas took out the Yonko.Gear 5 Luffy would have felt much more emotional if the alliance was fighting an uphill battle.
Tama plot shouldn't have happened.Instead the Yakuza,Ninjas and remaining minks should have taken on them.King,Queen and Jack deserved a bounty introduction and so did the other officers.King and Queen should not have turned attacked their own soldiers.
Orochi should have died by Kaido's hand.Kanjuro fake death and plot was unecessary.Kaido should have killed Kinemon.Kiku should have died alongside his/her brother.Carrot and Wanda should have died.Dukes deserved a extreme diff fight vs Jack and Perospero.Yamato deserved to go on a Rampage vs the beast pirates and koed gifters,numbers and fodders left and right with her Kanabo and COC.
BMP pirates should have found enganged the Navys ship into a sea battle or somehow joined the raid to try to support BM and Perospero.Scabbards and other Big shots like Marco could have fought them.The Climax would both Kaido and Bm falling at the same time and the beast pirates and big mom pirates giving up the fight and running away.Alliance should have taken extreme losses and everyone should have sustained serious wounds by the end of it.I was expecting a LOTR style war.No this walk in the park fairy tail bullshit.
Headcanon, the post.

I feel some people are just too shallow in their judgement

They think oh look G5, oh look Super Epic War, oh look Yonko Buggy the gag and yet they overlook all the atrocities this arc featured :josad:

Lol fodder dying?
Then tons of fodder died in Wano, both for the general fight and for the virus.
Post automatically merged:

I am literally using your own parameters, do you realise that?
I like marineford a lot, I am just using the stardard you use on Wano on Marineford, and it doesn't pass any of the stardard you set.
STFU Marineford>>>Wano.I didn't set any standards,WBP fought the entire navy hq+all available warlords.They were going to lose,the plot twist was Ace and WB death's.No one saw this coming.It was one of Oda best decisions.Wano had no emotional deaths or losses.It felt like a walk in the park,WBP were on the loosing end since the beginning.Marineford was tense and tragic.Wano was chill and felt like a fairy tail arc.Completely different moods.I didn't feel like Oda at all.Oda dedicated all previous arcs to build up this arc,the raid failed to deliver the hype.

Of course ,its headcannon.I'm writing what i would have considered good writing. Wano felt like a cartoon gag with all the fake deaths and plot conveniences,Oda used excessive humor too,etc...

If Oda wanted to "subvert expectations" he should have made the alliance win by suffering heavy casualties.Since the good guys never suffered so much casualties before in a OP arc.This would have been original.

Wano was disappointing it had its highlights,sure.But it could have been writing some much better.It should have felt like a losing battle until straw hats took out the officers and the supernovas took out the Yonko.Gear 5 Luffy would have felt much more emotional if the alliance was fighting an uphill battle.
Tama plot shouldn't have happened.Instead the Yakuza,Ninjas and remaining minks should have taken on them.King,Queen and Jack deserved a bounty introduction and so did the other officers.King and Queen should not have turned attacked their own soldiers.
Orochi should have died by Kaido's hand.Kanjuro fake death and plot was unecessary.Kaido should have killed Kinemon.Kiku should have died alongside his/her brother.Carrot and Wanda should have died.Dukes deserved a extreme diff fight vs Jack and Perospero.Yamato deserved to go on a Rampage vs the beast pirates and koed gifters,numbers and fodders left and right with her Kanabo and COC.
BMP pirates should have found enganged the Navys ship into a sea battle or somehow joined the raid to try to support BM and Perospero.Scabbards and other Big shots like Marco could have fought them.The Climax would both Kaido and Bm falling at the same time and the beast pirates and big mom pirates giving up the fight and running away.Alliance should have taken extreme losses and everyone should have sustained serious wounds by the end of it.I was expecting a LOTR style war.No this walk in the park fairy tail bullshit.
In the end you only complain that things that you want do not happen. You are not complaining that Wano is bad, but that other things should happen that you like more.

STFU Marineford>>>Wano.I didn't set any standards,WBP fought the entire navy hq+all available warlords.They were going to lose,the plot twist was Ace and WB death's.No one saw this coming.It was one of Oda best decisions.Wano had no emotional deaths or losses.It felt like a walk in the park,WBP were on the loosing end since the beginning.Marineford was tense and tragic.Wano was chill and felt like a fairy tail arc.Completely different moods.I didn't feel like Oda at all.Oda dedicated all previous arcs to build up this arc,the raid failed to deliver the hype.

Of course ,its headcannon.I'm writing what i would have considered good writing. Wano felt like a cartoon gag with all the fake deaths and plot conveniences,Oda used excessive humor too,etc...

If Oda wanted to "subvert expectations" he should have made the alliance win by suffering heavy casualties.Since the good guys never suffered so much casualties before in a OP arc.This would have been original.
Lol nobody saw WB death.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

I already wrote that Ace was unexpected, but then Sabo came around.
There were many more stakes in Marineford since it was PERSONAL for Luffy, but I guess at this point I am wasting words.

So you consider your own headcanon good writing, you answer your own questins.

They think oh look G5, oh look Super Epic War, oh look Yonko Buggy the gag and yet they overlook all the atrocities this arc featured :josad:
Exactly,i already made a post in some thread about everything bad about Wano.This is not a bad shounnen arc,but its a bad OP because we had many arcs prior to this to build up tension.Kaido delivered,he was really fucking strong.But the beat pirates and BM felt like a joke.

Lol nobody saw WB death.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

I already wrote that Ace was unexpected, but then Sabo came around.
There were many more stakes in Marineford since it was PERSONAL for Luffy, but I guess at this point I am wasting words.

So you consider your own headcanon good writing, you answer your own questins.
I disliked many things in Wano.IMO the arc would have been better if it had taken a more serious tone and had more casualties and struggle.

And what are those atrocities? And I mean narrative atrocities, not things not happening the way you want them to.

Most complaints are pure tears because what they had in mind does not happen. Asking for more deaths, which makes no sense, on the contrary, they should be happy that there is so much death in Wano. There is no tension. The pace is slow (because they don't want developments outside of the fights and the Muguis).

There are few really good arguments.

In the end you only complain that things that you want do not happen. You are not complaining that Wano is bad, but that other things should happen that you like more.
I'm not complaining,what i wrote is not what i wanted to happen.What i wanted: a serious arc with tension,losses grief,extreme fights and a hard earned victory.I only wrote that stuff to give an example of what Wano could have been.I'm not a writter,but Oda fucked up big time here.Where are the Big Mom Pirates?What the fuck was the lurking legend?Where is Kaido's flashback,even Doffy got a longer flashback...Wano has many flaws,you are just sucking Oda's balls at this point.

Last edited:
I'm not complaining,what i wrote i not what i wanted to happen.What i wanted: a serious arc with tension,losses grief,extreme fights and a hard earned victory.I only wrote that stuff to give an example of what Wano could have been.I'm not writter,but Oda fucked up big time here.Where are the Big Mom Pirates?What the fuck was the lurking legend?Where is Kaido's flashback,even Doffy got a longer flashback...Wano has many flaws,you are just sucking Oda's balls at this point.
You are writing you headcanon and saying that that would be good writing.
We can see that you are not a writer, but at least stay consistent in your whining.
And you keep saying we are fanboys, but at no point I said that I consider Wano a good ark. I actually give my opinion in another thread where I say that the Wano part was a 4 if not less.

Exactly,i already made a post in some thread about everything bad about Wano.This is not a bad shounnen arc,but its a bad OP because we had many arcs prior to this to build up tension.Kaido delivered,he was really fucking strong.But the beat pirates and BM felt like a joke.

I disliked many things in Wano.IMO the arc would have been better if it had taken a more serious tone and had more casualties and struggle.

Loda is paying with so many fans lately dropping the manga in droves but he probably doesn't give too much of a shit :josad:

You're right, it would have been much better. But it wouldn't be One Piece, it would be another work. We must know what we are reading. You can't ask for One Piece to be a seinen at this point kid.

You have to criticize Wano from One Piece's point of view, don't compare it to something unrelated. And within One Piece it is the best Post Time Skip arc and within the average in general.

I'm not complaining,what i wrote i not what i wanted to happen.What i wanted: a serious arc with tension,losses grief,extreme fights and a hard earned victory.I only wrote that stuff to give an example of what Wano could have been.I'm not writter,but Oda fucked up big time here.Where are the Big Mom Pirates?What the fuck was the lurking legend?Where is Kaido's flashback,even Doffy got a longer flashback...Wano has many flaws,you are just sucking Oda's balls at this point.
I don't suck Oda's balls. I am the first to say that Wano is not perfect, One Piece was never perfect and Oda is not perfect.

But it is also true that you ask for the impossible. It's logical, when you were young, maybe you preferred the happy ending and the rosy life. now you have grown and prefer more blood, death and destruction.

But you have to be aware that you can't ask a manga to change its basic pillars after 1000 chapters. All those complaints can be attributed to any saga, not just Wano. And that's why Wano can't be much worse than sagas that have the same problems.

Where are the Big Mom Pirates? They will explain it to us. Give things time.

Could Kaido's Flash Back have been longer? Yes, but that doesn't make it good or bad. Also I think it's obvious that he's saving things for Rocks' flashback, possibly against Kuro.

Where is the legend? That was just a comment, it could be Xebec, Shanks or something we missed. But it was a comment, it's your fault for mentally jerking off.

And what are those atrocities? And I mean narrative atrocities, not things not happening the way you want them to.

Most complaints are pure tears because what they had in mind does not happen. Asking for more deaths, which makes no sense, on the contrary, they should be happy that there is so much death in Wano. There is no tension. The pace is slow (because they don't want developments outside of the fights and the Muguis).

There are few really good arguments.
The super duper gifter army was a joke thanks to Tama.
The numbers didn't do shit,just fake hype.
Ussop,Nami,Brook,Chopper got no real wins.
Orochi and Kanjuro plot was lame.
Kinemon and Kiku should be dead.
King and Queen turned their underlings into enemys.
The Big Mom Pirates were nowhere to be seen.
King,Queen,Jack and other officers got no bounty reveal.
Big Mom fight was lame,no awakening and advanced coc used by her.
Carrot and Wanda should have been killed by Perospero.Inu and Inuarashi should have avenged Pedro,Carrot and Wanda.It would have felt like something especial.
Jack and Perospero got defeated in two panels,like what the fuck!
Yamato should have have fought gifters and numbers after losing to Kaido.She could have used COC to down lots of fodder BP.
The Bomb plot could have been used in a smarter way.Like Kidd awakening in those Bombs into BM directly after Law kicked her off the island.Yamato should have talked to them about this at some point.
Marco could have fought the CP0 in a 3 vs 1 and died protecting Robin or something.
The Grimm reaper plot is still unresolved.
Lurking legend was not explained fully,was it BM+Kaido joining hands or something else.
Anyway,there is a lot that i don't remember.I will re-read this arc by December when i have time.
Wano could have been the best arc ever.Oda wasted a great opportunity.
JJK arc where Nobara "died" was espetacular.Wano should have been similar.

Loda is paying with so many fans lately dropping the manga in droves but he probably doesn't give too much of a shit :josad:
The guy is right and tired of working.His editors are also giving bad advice.

You're right, it would have been much better. But it wouldn't be One Piece, it would be another work. We must know what we are reading. You can't ask for One Piece to be a seinen at this point kid.

You have to criticize Wano from One Piece's point of view, don't compare it to something unrelated. And within One Piece it is the best Post Time Skip arc and within the average in general.

I don't suck Oda's balls. I am the first to say that Wano is not perfect, One Piece was never perfect and Oda is not perfect.

But it is also true that you ask for the impossible. It's logical, when you were young, maybe you preferred the happy ending and the rosy life. now you have grown and prefer more blood, death and destruction.

But you have to be aware that you can't ask a manga to change its basic pillars after 1000 chapters. All those complaints can be attributed to any saga, not just Wano. And that's why Wano can't be much worse than sagas that have the same problems.

Where are the Big Mom Pirates? They will explain it to us. Give things time.

Could Kaido's Flash Back have been longer? Yes, but that doesn't make it good or bad. Also I think it's obvious that he's saving things for Rocks' flashback, possibly against Kuro.

Where is the legend? That was just a comment, it could be Xebec, Shanks or something we missed. But it was a comment, it's your fault for mentally jerking off.
Mentally jerking off?Oda said straw hats would face the lurking legend(their biggest enemy yet).Also,this best or worst arc is subjective:people hated on WCI bu i think it was the best post skip arc,just my 2 cents.WCI>Wano for me.

Last edited:
The super duper gifter army was a joke thanks to Tama.
The numbers didn't do shit,just fake hype.
Ussop,Nami,Brook,Chopper got no real wins.
Orochi and Kanjuro plot was lame.
Kinemon and Kiku should be dead.
King and Queen turned their underlings into enemys.
The Big Mom Pirates were nowhere to be seen.
King,Queen,Jack and other officers got no bounty reveal.
Big Mom fight was lame,no awakening and advanced coc used by her.
Carrot and Wanda should have been killed by Perospero.Inu and Inuarashi should have avenged Pedro,Carrot and Wanda.It would have felt like something especial.
Jack and Perospero got defeated in two panels,like what the fuck!
Yamato should have have fought gifters and numbers after losing to Kaido.She could have used COC to down lots of fodder BP.
The Bomb plot could have been used in a smarter way.Like Kidd awakening in those Bombs into BM directly after Law kicked her off the island.Yamato should have talked to them about this at some point.
Marco could have fought the CP0 in a 3 vs 1 and died protecting Robin or something.
The Grimm reaper plot is still unresolved.
Lurking legend was not explained fully,was it BM+Kaido joining hands or something else.
Anyway,there is a lot that i don't remember.I will re-read this arc by December when i have time.
Wano could have been the best arc ever.Oda wasted a great opportunity.
JJK arc where Nobara "died" was espetacular.Wano should have been similar.

The guy is right and tired of working.His editors are also giving bad advice.

Mentally jerking off?Oda said straw hats would face the lurking legend(their biggest enemy yet).Also,this best or worst arc is subjective:people hated on WCI bu i think it was the best post skip arc,just my 2 cents.WCI>Wano for me.
Lol headcanon

We can see that you are not a writer, but at least stay consistent in your whining.
And you keep saying we are fanboys, but at no point I said that I consider Wano a good ark. I actually give my opinion in another thread where I say that the Wano part was a 4 if not less.
I never called anyone a fan boy,don't put words in my mouth.I said you are praising an arc full of faults(and you are).That is why i said"sucking Oda's balls".

Tama plot was headcannon?gtfo troll.

Did you just say in the same sentence that Wano is a 4/10 and a good arc.You are dumb.I'm done with you.

I never called anyone a fan boy,don't put words in my mouth.I said you are praising an arc full of faults(and you are).That is why i said"sucking Oda's balls".

Tama plot was headcannon?gtfo troll.
You say that I suck Oda's balls and that doesn't make me a fan boy? Do you speak english or do you randomly select words when you write? Because I am fairly sure you have an hard time reading.
I have not even once praised Onigashima in this thread, not once, feel free to quote me, but again, you struggle with reading comprehension.
I only said that your argument is poor, and you having to move goalposts again and again and writing fan fiction proves that.

I
Did you just say in the same sentence that Wano is a 4/10 and a good arc.You are dumb.I'm done with you.
Lol you literally cannot read it's unbelievable,

You say that I suck Oda's balls and that doesn't make me a fan boy? Do you speak english or do you randomly select words when you write? Because I am fairly sure you have an hard time reading.
I have not even once praised Onigashima in this thread, not once, feel free to quote me, but again, you struggle with reading comprehension.
I only said that your argument is poor, and you having to move goalposts again and again and writing fan fiction proves that.
I enjoyed pre-raid Wano more than the raid itself.Oda failed to deliver a true war.That was my argument from the beginning.What you call "headcannon" are my examples of possible routes Oda could have taken.I didn't like Onigashima.That is it.

I enjoyed pre-raid Wano more than the raid itself.Oda failed to the deliver a true war.That was my argument from the beginnings.What you call "headcannon" are my examples of possible routes Oda could have taken.I didn't like Onigashima.That is it.
I wrote that your expectation for Onigashima are not in line with One Piece, you ignored that and started writing fan fiction AKA head canon.
You did not like Onigashima? Fair point, who am I to judge. But you dislike it for reasons that are not in line with One Piece.

Best arc Post Timeskip Yea but Overall it’s probably barely Top 15 One Piece arcs
I liked WCI to be honest.

I wrote that your expectation for Onigashima are not in line with One Piece, you ignored that and started writing fan fiction AKA head canon.
You did not like Onigashima? Fair point, who am I to judge. But you dislike it for reasons that are not in line with One Piece.
Oda promised a war greater than Marineford,Lurking Legend,Luffy won't beat Kaido with just a strong puch(lol lmao good troll Oda) and now we need to see if he will deliver the so called "tragic" ending.