Toriyama Spoke on Power ups and Villains in the new DBS Movie (Spoilers)

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
Piccolo is on Goku/Vegeta's level now. What the fuck? I like Piccolo alot but this is beyond random, he gets one powerup after not doing shit forever and then suddenly he's among the top of the verse lol what.

He also says that Cell Max is stronger than broly apparently, just has no thoughts and is a mindless animal, and Gohan Beast negged it, so Gohan is stronger than Broly and thus also stronger than Goku and Vegeta. What the fuck is happening in this movie bro

Piccolo is on Goku/Vegeta's level now. What the fuck? I like Piccolo alot but this is beyond random, he gets one powerup after not doing shit forever and then suddenly he's among the top of the verse lol what.

He also says that Cell Max is stronger than broly apparently, just has no thoughts and is a mindless animal, and Gohan Beast negged it, so Gohan is stronger than Broly and thus also stronger than Goku and Vegeta. What the fuck is happening in this movie bro
I think akira said movies follow a different timeline and happen in parallel universe. So comparing cell to broly for him makes no sense.

At least movie timeline broly is more powerful

You also have ssj3 > Mystic gohan in Movie 13 where Mystic gohan >> SSJ3 in buu arc

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
I think akira said movies follow a different timeline and happen in parallel universe. So comparing cell to broly for him makes no sense.

At least movie timeline broly is more powerful

You also have ssj3 > Mystic gohan in Movie 13 where Mystic gohan >> SSJ3 in buu arc
Broly and Super Hero are canon to the series though, like Battle of Gods and Res F

Do you have the full interview?

For the first time ever, I seriously think this series should just end, the tournament of power was such a powerful ending, even though it had Jiren as an antagonist. Now weโ€™re basically doing either filler villains in the manga, hoping somebody can stick around the readerโ€™s subconscious so that they can be later on infinitely recycled like the OG villains, OR, recycling the OG villains until the cashcow is milked dry.
Gohan got another power up, and now heโ€™s the strongest, ok whatever, he never deserved any of the power ups this self insert ever got, but at least itโ€™s consistent. Fittingly, for his character they didnโ€™t even bother to give him a new type of hair from UI Goku. Then Piccolo now, suddenly is as strong as Goku and Vegeta. At the very least, Frieza and the Androids had excuses built in, Frieza being of a special race, and a great prodigy at that one, too, and the Androids those infinite stamina/ki thingy.
Like, whatโ€™s the fucking point of Goku and Vegeta training, itโ€™s been what, 1 year since theyโ€™ve been non-stop training with Beerus and Whis? They should have just patiently wait on Earth and get their power ups like the others. Wow, Goku and Vegeta are getting older and older, and theyโ€™re not making any real progress, thatโ€™s really the saddest takeaway from Dragonball.:josad:
Now the earthlings can pummel all the Gods of Destruction together, save for Beerus, whom they continuously upscale him, but at some point theyโ€™ll be forced to stop before it gets too ridiculous, nice to see they learned nothing about the treatment the Supreme Kai got in the Buu saga.