Fanclub Kuraigana - Mihawk Fan Club

Does Mihawk have COC?

• Yes

• No

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.
G

Gorosei Informer

Realistically, how powerful can Mihawk's CoC be? His ambition is considered kingly and literally involves being the best in the world. WB could match Roger in a direct CoC clash even tho his dream was some fodder shit lmao.
Heh this has aged really interestingly well thanks to Film Red and the manga now haha.

I was talking to a friend on what Mihawks CoC could be like since Shanks can nullify CoO apparently. Maybe DF nullification or CoA to be really OP and prevent people protecting their blades? Maybe it cant work vs black blades too?

I remember Mihawks stare being described as paralysing before, by Boa or Luffy and I couldnt find it in the manga but it seems to be mentioned in the anime by Boa I think?

Since he is hawk themed and Mihawk has vampiric themes too (also Van Helsing/Alucard potentially) and thus vampires can paralyse you with stares too in some depictions, a paralysying stare like what Zoro did to Monet is really fitting too. Hawks have the same effect on their prey I believe?

How do y'all feel about the Cross Guild reveal too?

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I remember Mihawks stare being described as paralysing before, by Boa or Luffy and I couldnt find it in the manga but it seems to be mentioned in the anime by Boa I think?
It's an anime only scene.

She says that even very skilled fighters would be paralyzed by fear and tremble when looking into those eyes.

G

Gorosei Informer

Luffy's was in the manga. He freaked out and saw his hands getting caught off after Mihawk glared at him.
Aye, I was hoping it mentioned his stare actually paralysing him too out of fear or w/e but Mihawk mentioned he was much calmer than expected and that shading around his eyes too, so that helps.

Oh wait, that panel above of the zoom and that sound effect with Mihawks eyes too? That makes sense too! Would be funny if this somehow let to Luffy learning FS eventually via haki bloom, being exposed to this and then Katakuris ofc?

G

Gorosei Informer

Just got tired of watching OP fans yell at each other. :smoothy:
I have since learned how to not gaf. :smart:
That is such an infinitely resounding mood right there.
Post automatically merged:

It's an anime only scene.

She says that even very skilled fighters would be paralyzed by fear and tremble when looking into those eyes.
Ah bet, thank you! Thats a shame but at least its in the anime though! Thats exactly what I was thinking of too!

Heh this has aged really interestingly well thanks to Film Red and the manga now haha.

I was talking to a friend on what Mihawks CoC could be like since Shanks can nullify CoO apparently. Maybe DF nullification or CoA to be really OP and prevent people protecting their blades? Maybe it cant work vs black blades too?

Since he is hawk themed and Mihawk has vampiric themes too (also Van Helsing/Alucard potentially) and thus vampires can paralyse you with stares too in some depictions, a paralysying stare like what Zoro did to Monet is really fitting too. Hawks have the same effect on their prey I believe?

How do y'all feel about the Cross Guild reveal too?
We're learning so much more about CoC and how it can be used. I think Mihawk uses it to propel his boat, actually. Might be what the green candles represent. CoC is used to push and propel things.

Learning that Shanks can nullify CoO explains why Mihawk is his rival imo. Mihawk is the physically strongest swordsman, as well as a very strong haki-user.... if Shanks zeroed out Miho's (giant) CoO, then Mihawk beat him with pure physical strength and skill. Mihawk has always relied on his body. He trusts his perception and his eyes. He doesn't need to only rely on haki.
Post automatically merged:

Also, when Cross Guild happened, I was reminded of this thing from my old tumblr:

https://waskonedo-ttf-archive.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F692091683320496128

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Done.

I love the aesthetic of Mihawk X Perona but it really bugs me that heโ€™s 18 years older lmao :milaugh:

Itโ€™s a lot better after the timeskip though, since Peronaโ€™s new hairstyle and aesthetic makes her look more mature and sophisticated. Maybe Mihawk rubbed off on her after all.
They really look great together. Though, who doesn't with Mihawk lmao?

I love the aesthetic of Mihawk X Perona but it really bugs me that heโ€™s 18 years older lmao :milaugh:

Itโ€™s a lot better after the timeskip though, since Peronaโ€™s new hairstyle and aesthetic makes her look more mature and sophisticated. Maybe Mihawk rubbed off on her after all.
Agree. Oda's age pairings are... questionable. I don't ship them, but MihoPero is a valid enough ship. Plus, those shippers have to put up with a lot of shit that gets thrown at them that they don't deserve.

Ever since Ch 956, Viz has been translating ้ทนใฎ็›ฎ as "Hawk-Eyes." It's always been some variation of Hawk-Eye, Hawkeye, or Hawk Eye until 956. He's "Hawk-Eyes" again in 1056.

Personally, I don't like it bc "Hawk-Eyes" isn't as cool and doesn't roll off the tongue. Yes, I know this is petty and I'm exposing myself as a grammar nerd, but it seems really weird that they would just change the character's English name this late in the series.

He's been a few variations over the years, but this is the 3rd "Hawk-Eyes"/"Hawk Eyes" in a row from Viz, so I guess that's what they're going with now?

Ch 50 HAWK-EYE Intro courtesy of hypeman Zeff

Ch 553 it changes to HAWKEYE

Luffy and Vista also both call him HAWKEYE.

They add a space in 580

But the hyphen is back in 592
Hyphen in Ch 700

Ch 956 HAWK-EYES

Same chapter, but Hawk Eyes this time (no hyphen)

Ch 1056 Now Zoro calls him Hawk-Eyes.

So here are my theories:
  • Jracule Mihawk is just a mysterious guy so don't think about it too hard.
  • Viz can't get their shit together to properly stylize this name and stick with it, even though they've had 25 years to do so.
  • Viz has recently discovered that Mihawk, indeed, has two eyes
  • Viz is afraid of getting confused with Marvel

Which way do you guys prefer? And yes, I already acknowledged that this was nit-picking, but I have no shame. We get so little info about him, so I'm used to feeding on Mihawk-crumbs.

Last edited: