Character Discussion Is Mihawk important for the storyline?

Is Mihawk important for the storyline?

• yes

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • no

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
I feel he was created from nowhere only for Zoro, that's it
I disagree. Mihawk has been a part of the story since the East Blue. I feel like originally he was meant to play a more active part in the story.

But just like with Shanks, we barely see him. Ever.

I think Oda could have spent a lot more time on flashing out his current character. Show us people actually challenging him for the title from time to time, his current thought process etc

The only time we'll get a true glimpse into his character will be his and Zoro's duel, the way things are going so far. And even then it will be through flashbacks most likely.

Which is a shame. His introduction in Baratie was the moment that got me hooked on One Piece.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
so far, even if we delete him from the story, One Piece's world will not be any different. :kayneshrug:
You can say that for the last ten years and both Emperors that were having decade-long build-up.
Mihawk, on the other hand, is the backing power of perhaps the most important organization in the OP world.
After all, Buggy is the only clown that can beat Luffy in clownery. :goyea:

His Title made him part of Zoro Sub-Plot
His Sword makes him part of Black Swords Lore
His Eyes and Theme make him part of Imu/WG Plot
They also make him part of Double-Layered Eyes Lore
His Journey made him related to Shanks
His Recent Team-Up made him part of Yonko Plot
His Name means Dragon/Devil which is a Big Hint
His Relationship to Crocodile suggests Dark Past
Not to mention he was reserved for Final Saga
... etc

People will soon understand that entire previous 1050 Chapters were simply a Huge Build Up, the real Story and real Cast starts Now

I disagree. Mihawk has been a part of the story since the East Blue. I feel like originally he was meant to play a more active part in the story.

I think Oda could have spent a lot more time on flashing out his current character. Show us people actually challenging him for the title from time to time, his current thought process etc

The only time we'll get a true glimpse into his character will be his and Zoro's duel, the way things are going so far. And even then it will be through flashbacks most likely.

Which is a shame. His introduction in Baratie was the moment that got me hooked on One Piece.
Agree, I too, got enchanted by Mihawk in Baratie. Granted, it's because I adore Red Mage back in the day.

Your statement is correct. People seems to overlook the part where Oda conceive Yonko a bit later in the story. Formerly it's about Shichibukai. So in actuality, Mihawk's time is always planned. The Yonko just kind of "rob" his appearance & development time.

V

VisualKei

People seems to overlook the part where Oda conceive Yonko a bit later in the story. Formerly it's about Shichibukai. So in actuality, Mihawk's time is always planned. The Yonko just kind of "rob" his appearance & development time.
Disagree. One Piece was originally supposed to be a story to fight yonko not Shichibukai. Oda himself stated that he had planned to end the story in 5 years initially and he had no clue the series would go on for as long as it has

Agree, I too, got enchanted by Mihawk in Baratie. Granted, it's because I adore Red Mage back in the day.

Your statement is correct. People seems to overlook the part where Oda conceive Yonko a bit later in the story. Formerly it's about Shichibukai. So in actuality, Mihawk's time is always planned. The Yonko just kind of "rob" his appearance & development time.
Most of the plot point from East Blue - from characters to their dreams - were pushed aside as the story started growing and expanding.

And then, when we are finally reminded of some of the core concepts of the story a la Shanks and the One Piece, Mihawk and the WSS title, the All Blue, the map if the world etc we get a lot of fierce discussions. But we don't have enough canon material to discuss so we rely on headcanon to fill in the blanks.

How their dual affect the OP world?
Post automatically merged:

oda could make him relevent now through cross guild
CG is only entertainment purposes

You could remove about any character from the story and then rewrite it accordingly. So you can't decide a character's importance using that rationale. With that being said, Mihawk is an important character but he's not important enough to change anything drastically as far as the main plot is concerned.
Low-importtant, we don't need to rewrite anything important, just some small plots if erasing him