Character Discussion Shanks and Blackbeard = Roger and Whitebeard (Xebec)

Shanks and blackbeard clearly even before this chapter paralleled roger and whitebeard. This chapter making it even more clear. Shanks having the same attack as roger and teach the same fruit as newgate
Shanks rivalry with blackbeard is definitely his most important
  1. Both have aspirations to find the one piece
  2. Both successors to roger and whitebeard respectively
  3. Both were apprentices on their ship
  4. Shanks was given Rogers hat blackbeard took a similar epithet to whitebeard (both also named after the real life blackbeard)
  5. Low key both might be successors to xebec
  6. Both became emperors 1 year apart in age
  7. Shanks gives blackbeard takes
  8. Shanks focuses mainly on mastering his haki blackbeard focuses on mainly taking powerful devil fruits
  9. Both are currently luffy's biggest competion for pirate king

We know blackbeard also is connected to xebec in some way with him naming his shop after him + making his base pirate island
If the darkness fruit really was his on top of that itd be even more in out faces. Blackbeard taking the devil fruit powers of both whitebeard and xebec

If shanks really does end up being xebec's son he might have learned or inherited one of his powers. Maybe his sword, some special haki, or weapon of some short.
For someone like xebec who was the captain of whitebeard, big mom, kaido, and shiki + seemingly fought roger and garp in a 1v2 he was definitely more than just his devil fruit power
It'd be cool if similar to how roger likley wanted shanks to surpass him xebec wanted the same thing from shanks. Roger maybe giving his hat up to represent that

So while blackbeard forces his way to inherit their powers and legacy
Shanks was ment to inherit their legacy's but either didn't want to of failed

I do think blackbeard getting a third devil fruit is definitely a big possibility tho nonetheless.

If i were to bullshit it to fit into my head canon maybe
Blackbeard
  1. Darkness fruit represents xebec
  2. Quake fruit represents newgate
  3. Possible 3rd fruit is unique to him
As for shanks its even harder to guess because their haki is even more mysterious but
  1. A specific form of haki ability/skill xebec specialized in
  2. A specific form of haki ability/skill roger specialized in
  3. A specific form of haki ability/skill shanks himself specializes in

The real life blackbeard was the apprentice to a real whitebeard. Though I see it more of wb Roger shiki and xebeck. Maybe even through BM in there.

As much as I hate kidd he made a decent parrallel to shiki. Just way less badass. Law is definently a major player in this game.

Shanks - Roger
Mihawk - Whitebeard
Blackbeard - Xebec

Your Zoro hate runs so deep in every single one of your vein, you can't even give World's Strongest title holding legendary rival of Shanks who DENIED the title that Shanks has..literally Roger/Whitebeard story retold, Mihawk Whitebeard

No Blackbeard is xebec.

How can you have this much hate for a cartoon man?

Just want to add how it might connect to luffy and his future abilities
Like i said above shanks obviously focuses on mastering haki and blackbeard his devil fruits. Coincidentally they're luffy's biggest competition for the one piece with luffy focusing on mastering both

Also luffy won't just surpass shanks and teach but he'll also surpass roger and newgate and again on top of that actually surpass xebec

Haki wise specifically conquerors haki luffy will have to be the best. Likely through developing the same advanced haki techniques. Through that surpassing
  1. Shanks
  2. Roger
  3. Xebec
Devil fruit wise luffy's fruit already works like both a zoan and paramecia at least in awakening. Based on what we know now luffy's fruit might've actually peaked with him just needing to master his awakening. At the same time if teach does get a 3rd fruit maybe luffy can somehow use logia awakening abilities once he learns about it. Through that suprising
  1. Teach
  2. Newgate
  3. Xebec

Also seeing as how all those children have weapons even teach opens up the possibility of luffy getting 1 more

Nika having a sword and spear opening it up even more

Luffy getting a sword made from wano to do devine departure + a spear made from wano to do elbaf spear would be pretty dope low key

Both being warrior nations luffy has tons of respect and love for. Also the fact 2 of the strawhats whos main role is combat relationship aka zoro and usopp have connections to each country

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
Whitebeard was never interested in the ONE Piece, just like how Mihawk isn't interested in becoming a yonko

Whitebeard and Roger fought each other countless times while ultimately having a friendly rivalry, drinking with each other, thinking of the past, sharing close infos(Laugh Tale, Ds) just like Mihawk and Shanks(about Luffy)

Shanks however views Teach as a nemesis like Xebec was for Roger, the same Xebec who is also implied to have a deep relationship with Teach(Beehive)

Both Roger and Xebec were Ds, just like Luffy(who inherited Roger's will through Ace) and Teach

Whitebeard was a non D, just like Mihawk and Shanks

Whitebeard was never interested in the ONE Piece, just like how Mihawk isn't interested in becoming a yonko

Whitebeard and Roger fought each other countless times while ultimately having a friendly rivalry, drinking with each other, thinking of the past, sharing close infos(Laugh Tale, Ds) just like Mihawk and Shanks(about Luffy)

Shanks however views Teach as a nemesis like Xebec was for Roger, the same Xebec who is also implied to have a deep relationship with Teach(Beehive)

Both Roger and Xebec were Ds, just like Luffy(who inherited Roger's will through Ace) and Teach

Whitebeard was a non D, just like Mihawk and Shanks
Neither shanks or teach are exact copies to roger and whitebeard when it comes to personality
Shanks is Rogers predecessor and previous apprentice just like teach is to newgate in a twisted way

Shanks and teach have had an active rivalry since they were kids. Mihawk hasn't fought shanks in like 2 decades. Their rivalry doesn't exist any longer

Shanks and teach are the top of the mid gen and luffys biggest obstacle to pirate king. Roger and newgate were the top of the old gen and are who luffy will surpass when hes pirate 4

Teach's xebec connections doesn't erase his whitebeard ones
If shanks ends up being xebec kid it doesn't erase his Roger ones

You seriously believe this is gonna happen
What part?

1. Xebec having the yami fruit? Big possibility imo
  2. Teach taking traits and abilities from both newgate and xebec? He already is
  3. Shanks being xebec's son? Potentially
  4. Shanks having some similar haki to xebec if he's his son? Don't see why not. Already has a same attack as roger
  5. Luffy surpassing shanks, blackbeard, roger, whitebeard, and xebec? Obviously

What part?

1. Xebec having the yami fruit? Big possibility imo
  2. Teach taking traits and abilities from both newgate and xebec? He already is
  3. Shanks being xebec's son? Potentially
  4. Shanks having some similar haki to xebec if he's his son? Don't see why not. Already has a same attack as roger
  5. Luffy surpassing shanks, blackbeard, roger, whitebeard, and xebec? Obviously
The part where you said that Blackbeard is the "Whitebeard" to Shanks.

The part where you said that Blackbeard is the "Whitebeard" to Shanks.
His name is literally whitebeard, has the same fruit as whitebeard, organized his crew the same way as whitebeard, both of their names are literally based on the real blackbeard, is shanks logest still ongoing (unlike mihawk) rivalry, top 2 pirates of their generation, he was literally one of whitebeards apprentice pirates, etc.

Neither shanks or teach are exact copies of roger and whitebeard
Teach obviously also is connected to xebec in some type of way not just whitebeard
Shanks also might have some connections to xebec especially if he's his son

Shanks and blackbeard clearly even before this chapter paralleled roger and whitebeard. This chapter making it even more clear. Shanks having the same attack as roger and teach the same fruit as newgate
Shanks rivalry with blackbeard is definitely his most important
  2. Both successors to roger and whitebeard respectively
  3. Both were apprentices on their ship
  4. Shanks was given Rogers hat blackbeard took a similar epithet to whitebeard (both also named after the real life blackbeard)
  5. Low key both might be successors to xebec
  6. Both became emperors 1 year apart in age
  7. Shanks gives blackbeard takes
  8. Shanks focuses mainly on mastering his haki blackbeard focuses on mainly taking powerful devil fruits
  9. Both are currently luffy's biggest competion for pirate king

We know blackbeard also is connected to xebec in some way with him naming his shop after him + making his base pirate island
If the darkness fruit really was his on top of that itd be even more in out faces. Blackbeard taking the devil fruit powers of both whitebeard and xebec

If shanks really does end up being xebec's son he might have learned or inherited one of his powers. Maybe his sword, some special haki, or weapon of some short.
For someone like xebec who was the captain of whitebeard, big mom, kaido, and shiki + seemingly fought roger and garp in a 1v2 he was definitely more than just his devil fruit power
It'd be cool if similar to how roger likley wanted shanks to surpass him xebec wanted the same thing from shanks. Roger maybe giving his hat up to represent that

So while blackbeard forces his way to inherit their powers and legacy
Shanks was ment to inherit their legacy's but either didn't want to of failed

I do think blackbeard getting a third devil fruit is definitely a big possibility tho nonetheless.

If i were to bullshit it to fit into my head canon maybe
Blackbeard
  1. Darkness fruit represents xebec
  2. Quake fruit represents newgate
  3. Possible 3rd fruit is unique to him
As for shanks its even harder to guess because their haki is even more mysterious but
  1. A specific form of haki ability/skill xebec specialized in
  2. A specific form of haki ability/skill roger specialized in
  3. A specific form of haki ability/skill shanks himself specializes in
Honestly, I'd go with it.
I know there was plenty of thoughts over Luffy being the next Roger but I wouldn't mind if Luffy has transcended this ever since Nika happened.
Shanks can be Roger to BB being Xebec whereas Luffy can carry out some higher purpose, beyond the Pirate King, as Nika.

Wouldn't even mind if Shanks ends up as PK but Luffy fulfilling a higher purpose against Imu.

Shanks having a same technique as roger: check
Next is xebec
:endthis:
Honestly, I'd go with it.
I know there was plenty of thoughts over Luffy being the next Roger but I wouldn't mind if Luffy has transcended this ever since Nika happened.
Shanks can be Roger to BB being Xebec whereas Luffy can carry out some higher purpose, beyond the Pirate King, as Nika.

Wouldn't even mind if Shanks ends up as PK but Luffy fulfilling a higher purpose against Imu.
With how things are going now im starting to think shanks and teach will fall at just about the same time right before luffy becomes pirate king
Tho i do think both of them might have connections to xebec

Maybe something like
  1. Big mom and kaido 2 previous xebec subordinates fall in wano
  2. Blackbeard and shanks 2 potential xebec "successors" fall at the last island
    • Blackbeard's goal likely to surpass him just like whitebeard
    • Shanks potentially might've been ment to surpass him like roger
  3. The final villain being the king of the world aka the person xebec wanted to be