Chapter Discussion Theory i saw on youtube about kaido

That's it, I'm completely convinced now. Kaido has a soft spot for his daughter which is why he respects her wish to be called his son, which is why he went to Marineford to save Ace after she had asked him to, which is why he tries to die in a flashy way like Oden, which is also what him wanting to ask the scabbards something about Oden is all about. He wants to ask them what made Oden so special because he wants to be admired by his daughter, too. While Momo struggles with living up to his father Oden, Kaido struggles with living up to the expectations of Yamato.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
That's it, I'm completely convinced now. Kaido has a soft spot for his daughter which is why he respects her wish to be called his son, which is why he went to Marineford to save Ace after she had asked him to, which is why he tries to die in a flashy way like Oden, which is also what him wanting to ask the scabbards something about Oden is all about. He wants to ask them what made Oden so special because he wants to be admired by his daughter, too. While Momo struggles with living up to his father Oden, Kaido struggles with living up to the expectations of Yamato.
Except kaido already showed tendencies ti want a flashy death the moment oden died. Which was also the moment yamato was inspired. So kaidos dream of a flashy death is older than yamatos love for oden.

I keep seeing this "Kaido save Ace" point which is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

SHANKS WANTED TO SAVE ACE. Why would he block Kaido from "saving" Ace? Oda probably hadn't even even finalized Kaido's design back then, let alone, have created Yamato.

Yamato probably didn't even exist in Oda's notes when this arc started. This seems like a last minute asspull with 0 foreshadowing that Oda concocted when he was drawing Oden's flashback.

Except kaido already showed tendencies ti want a flashy death the moment oden died. Which was also the moment yamato was inspired. So kaidos dream of a flashy death is older than yamatos love for oden.
Oh yeah, now that you say it. But the rest of the theory may be true no? Would be very ''one piece'' too to have kaido, this big baddass dude, transform into a very doting father.
Post automatically merged:

Hopefully not, it will make kaido look like a nice guy.

Hopefully kaido is full on villain unlike other villain who had sad past and relationship.
I mean, all the shit that happened to wano continues to happen is mostly orochi. Kaido is just there to get some of the weapons and act as hired muscle.

Hopefully not, it will make kaido look like a nice guy.

Hopefully kaido is full on villain unlike other villain who had sad past and relationship.
And one can show kindness and love towards his people but still be ruthless towards the reast. Villains dont have to be 1 dimmensional.

I keep seeing this "Kaido save Ace" point which is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

SHANKS WANTED TO SAVE ACE. Why would he block Kaido from "saving" Ace? Oda probably hadn't even even finalized Kaido's design back then, let alone, have created Yamato.

Yamato probably didn't even exist in Oda's notes when this arc started. This seems like a last minute asspull with 0 foreshadowing that Oda concocted when he was drawing Oden's flashback.
Shanks never outright stated his desire to save ace, he wanted to stop ace from meeting bb cause he foresaw the repercussions.Never said i wanna save ace himself. So no he didnt technically ''want'' to save ace.
What shanks has been shown doing the entirety of this manga is making any and all attempts to preserve the worlds balance.
You bet your ass he wouldve stopped kaido from getting to marineford and ace, because unlike him who wouldnt go and attack the marines. Im not sure kaido would be as reserved, and if kaido showed up at the same time as wb then things may have turned differently, if not for them alteast saving ace and getting out.

I really hope Shanks is a grey character. I think if this is true and Kaido really wanted to save Ace, Shanks stopped him to 'help' Luffy get more motivated from before. And we can see how well that has worked out for him. That'll also show the slightly dark side inside him. Also, I've read a lot of theories regarding how Shanks can see the future or the 'fate' of the verse. Maybe he stopped Kaido so that nobody interferes with the very fate itself.

No, Kaido just wanted a fair fight not a flashy death. Zoro wants fair fights too, but the only suicidal things we have seen from him was after Oden.

Where can i watch the theory