Chapter Discussion Ace Manga - Chapter 1 (Discussion)

Rate the chapter

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I liked the first 90% of the chapter. Ace and Deuce on the island gave me major Pre time skip vibes and I like how funny Ace was in this. The duo have good chemistry. Also makes sense why Ace uses the ship he does, that was a good origin to it.

Only issue is how fast the chapter is at the end. I dunno how many there will be, I was sorta hoping for a little build up before the Whitebeard confrontation. Looks like we're going directly into that.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Comparing the Ace here and the Ace that reunites with Luffy later, you can see that Ace matured a lot over the two years. He still has the same happy-go-lucky, playful personality but the current Ace is more serious.

Wait theres mulitple chapters ?

Anyways this artstyle is cool af..Yh thats all.
I'm guessing there will be more chapters but I'm not sure with how many in total. It looks like they're skipping a lot of the novel because in the novel, Ace meets a marine girl named Isuka. Then there was a fight that happens in Sabaody and it finishes with Ace being sent an invitation to join the Warlords. But in this chapter, Whitebeard already mentioned that Ace declined the invitation so I'm guessing they'll skip over that plot line.

The only thing that follows will be the fight with Whitebeard if I'm remembering correctly.

I liked the first 90% of the chapter. Ace and Deuce on the island gave me major Pre time skip vibes and I like how funny Ace was in this. The duo have good chemistry. Also makes sense why Ace uses the ship he does, that was a good origin to it.

Only issue is how fast the chapter is at the end. I dunno how many there will be, I was sorta hoping for a little build up before the Whitebeard confrontation. Looks like we're going directly into that.
I agree with this, I'm disappointed that they're skipping a lot of the novel...I guess I'll have to actually read it.

Bro these chapters will not look serious to you if you read/watched Dr. Stone haha.
If you're talking about the art, I think this chapter's art was much better than the average Dr Stone chapter. Loved it! Though Boichi's art shone the brightest in Sun-Ken Rock. It was out of this world. Also, the manga was awesome until the ending (the ending was extremely bad).

(looks like an older and muscular Senku on steroids, lol)

If you're talking about the art, I think this chapter's art was much better than the average Dr Stone chapter. Loved it! Though Boichi's art shone the brightest in Sun-Ken Rock. It was out of this world. Also, the manga was awesome until the ending (the ending was extremely bad).

(looks like an older and muscular Senku on steroids, lol)
Extremely bad, doesn't do it justice really. One of the most horrendous endings of all time. Sad really,because it was an enjoyable manga.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Like the chapter and the overall art, if I want to nitpick the only bad part is the faces they look too chubby

But I wonder why they changed the original story :

In the wiki the original story of Mask and Ace from Ace novel :

"In his formative years, Deuce was a medical student with bad grades, and his parents were indifferent to him. Because of the literature he read, he fell in love with the idea of simply adventuring on the sea. The day he set out to sea, he abandoned his birth name, but his voyage resulted in him getting stranded on the island of Sixis. After spending three days there, he encountered the pirate Portgas D. Ace, who was also shipwrecked there. The two initially got along well, and when Deuce revealed his lack of a name, Ace gave him the pseudonym of Masked Deuce. Ace wanted the two of them to build a raft to escape together, but when the two started talking about each other's families, Deuce came to realize that Ace was Gol D. Roger's son and departed from Ace with very mixed feelings. Several days later, Deuce had not been able to find food or water on the island, and when he saw Ace with a fruit, he decided to kill Ace for it. However, Ace noticed Deuce when his stomach growled, and offered him the fruit. Ashamed of his earlier intentions, Deuce refused, but the two ended up sharing the fruit, which was the Mera Mera no Mi. However, since Ace consumed it first, Deuce did not receive the fruit's powers when he ate it. The two worked together to build a raft that ran on Ace's flames, which they called the Striker, and they set off to sea as official partners, forming the Spade Pirates. Deuce decided to write a novel about his experiences on the crew."

Here Deuce didn't guess Ace father, and didn't try to kill him.

My second complaint and I think this is only me lol, everyone has cool art style etc but Thatch was barely drawn... I wanted a cool Thatch !

Last edited:
Fantastic
Post automatically merged:

Deus should have been the second person to eat the fruit! Not Sabo, considering that backstory!

And him eating the second half!

Would have been much greater if he was introduced in Dressrosa, and then we have Sabo be unique with his own unique fruit
Amen.
:cheers:
If I say that that was a bad choice (writing) from Oda people will attack me. Oh, wait I already said it. Whoops.