Who will kick One Piece from Top 3 position next year?

Who will take the bronze medal from One Piece?

• Total voters
Since 2007, One Piece remained at the top in yearly manga sales list.
But in 2019, despite the huge advertising on Wano arc and One Piece stampide, in the same year One Piece instead got dethroned by new series Demon Slayer.
In 2020 so far, instead of taking the throne back (lol at the current gap), it got surpassed again, this time by glorious Kingdom.

Following the formula for last 2 years, and assuming IF it is happening again, what manga do you guys think has the most chance to kick One Piece from Top 3 yearly sales and steal its bronze medal?
If this year wasn't Kingdom's turn then I would say it's only a matter of time. But since Kingdom already did it, the next manga that will steal the bronze medal will more arguably, and imo it will be Chainsaw Man.

tagging some
@Jo_Ndule @Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @TheAncientCenturion @Akai2 @RayanOO @Arara @Guan Yu @playa4321 @Sentinel @Chrono etc
Wait what's this 56 million for KNY

Are you saying KNY made 56 million in one year?

That's fucking impossible

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
One piece is losing heat but it's not that of a big deal as you guys are making out to be.

The reason Demon slayer is getting so many sales is because it picked up only after it's anime was launched (not from the beginning of manga) and is also in his final arc. So people just went for it.
Same goes for AoT which is having last arc.

Rest don't have much gap with one piece which isn't getting much chapters and volume release as it's used to.

Also, there is overall decline in physical purchase.

One Piece is still widely popular evident from the fact that despite decrease in chapter and volume it's still figuring close to others.

Also, you guys need to understand that op is running for 20+ years with being top selling manag for 11 years unlike other top selling mangas who makes it to the top for only few years.

So, no one piece isn't losing much of the popularity as you guys think

Last edited:
I hope it will fall to 10 place lol, I mean maybe that is only thing that could make Oda stop writing dog shit chapters, destroy hype that was build for many years, and stop writing riddicules plot convinience. You know why OP was still of top 1 place on sales previous year? Because fans, old fans was still buying this manga, but when numbers will start to fall, there's more chances to more people drop OP, and I think that could made Oda to change style that he used now for writing, and stop putting dog shit into chapters.

They did even more, they break the record of One piece who had 37mio sold in one year, the hype around KnY is insane.
This hype doesn't even make sense

No one talks about KNY outside the anise season. There's nothing to talk about.

How can it make 56 million sales while no one actually alks about it.

Is this proof that fandom doesn't actually matter? Something no one talks about can over take things everyone does

This hype doesn't even make sense

No one talks about KNY outside the anise season. There's nothing to talk about.

How can it make 56 million sales while no one actually alks about it.

Is this proof that fandom doesn't actually matter? Something no one talks about can over take things everyone does
People do talk about it and its fandom is far, far bigger than basically all of the well known series which you'd consider to be 'talked about'. People often forget that the small community of a series that they're a part of doesn't reflect the actual collective fandom.

No one you know talking about a series doesn't mean that millions aren't talking about it elsewhere.

Also the updated figure is now at about 70 million sales this year.

People do talk about it and its fandom is far, far bigger than basically all of the well known series which you'd consider to be 'talked about'. People often forget that the small community of a series that they're a part of doesn't reflect the actual collective fandom.

No one you know talking about a series doesn't mean that millions aren't talking about it elsewhere.

Also the updated figure is now at about 70 million sales this year.
Alright let's search for this then

I mean is the KNY subreddit that big? Does it have dedicated forums? How many YouTube videos of it exist per week?

What about twitter? How many tweets of KNY are made everyday compared to other series?

All this information is freely available online.

And would you look at that, it's an average ass show.

KNY is officially the greatest anomaly in Anime history now. No fan Base and yet it sells like hot cake

Alright let's search for this then

I mean is the KNY subreddit that big? Does it have dedicated forums? How many YouTube videos of it exist per week?

What about twitter? How many tweets of KNY are made everyday compared to other series?

And would you look at that, it's an average ass show.

KNY is officially the greatest anomaly in Anime history now. No fan Base and yet it sells like hot cake
Did you look at the Japanese side of things and you say it doesn't have a fanbase ? You know the sales are from the Japanese fandom right? Twitter is full of new KNY fanarts btw. You don't get to sell 3 million copies on one volume(I am talking about the most recent one ,not the first or second volume ) with no fanbase...MHA has huge following,for numerous years and still doesn't reach these numbers.

Correct, but it doesn't seem like you actually searched for...well any of it... before making your post.
KnY manga finished half a year ago. But in the last few months it was running it was consistently one of the most discussed and upvoted mangas on r_manga.

Discussion was comparable with MHA:

Also, for comparison here was the discussion for KnY's final chapter vs Haikyuu's, another extremely popular manga

Check the amount of awards both have and the number of comments and upvotes.
Faaaaaaaaaaaar more than you realise. Do you use twitter? I'd be surprised if you said that you did whilst making that statement since when it was running, KnY was literally everywhere. So much so that people were stating that they were sick of seeing it in their feeds.
It's without a doubt an anomaly. Just in no way for the reasons you stated. Again, just because you had no idea this was happening, doesn't mean that it wasn't. Like I wonder...how do you think it managed to win anime of the year in the crunchyroll FAN VOTED awards, if it apparently has no fanbase? What's your reasoning behind that? Another anomaly? :choppawhat:

And all of this is just from the western fabase. Japan is where these 70 mil sales are actually from and over there it's not even a contest. KnY's fandom blows out every single other manga by miles bar OP (which it's still beating atm anyways).

Not only does the claim it 'has no fan base' not ring true in the slightest, the insane size of its fanbase is actually helping the industry by introducing large amounts of new people to manga.

Last edited:
Correct, but it doesn't seem like you actually searched for...well any of it... before making your post.

KnY manga finished half a year ago. But in the last few months it was running it was consistently one of the most discussed and upvoted mangas on r_manga.

Discussion was comparable with MHA:

Also, for comparison here was the discussion for KnY's final chapter vs Haikyuu's, another extremely popular manga

Check the amount of awards both have and the number of comments and upvotes.

Faaaaaaaaaaaar more than you realise. Do you use twitter? I'd be surprised if you said that you did whilst making that statement since when it was running, KnY was literally everywhere. So much so that people were stating that they were sick of seeing it in their feeds.

It's without a doubt an anomaly. Just in no way for the reasons you stated. Again, just because you had no idea this was happening, doesn't mean that it wasn't. Like I wonder...how do you think it managed to win anime of the year in the crunchyroll FAN VOTED awards, if it apparently has no fanbase? What's your reasoning behind that? Another anomaly? :choppawhat:

And all of this is just from the western fabase. Japan is where these 70 mil sales are actually from and over there it's not even a contest. KnY's fandom blows out every single other manga by miles bar OP (which it's still beating atm anyways).

Not only does the claim it 'has no fan base' not ring true in the slightest, the insane size of its fanbase is actually helping the industry by introducing large amounts of new people to manga.
Of course I'm talking about the western fan Base. Duh.

And you haven't proven anything.

Picking out specific chapter posts isn't what asked.

First of all, you are comparing it to My hero academia which is not doing as much money as KNY so what's the point exactly?

Your post shows that KNY gets SLIGHTLY more upvotes than MHA per chapter yet MHA makes NO WHERE near as much money. So aren't you emphasising how much the fan base clearly doesn't matter.

If KNY chapters had 10 or 20 times the upvotes than MHA then this would proportionally scale to their sales.

Secondly I was talking about "Dedicated fan base". You are pulling up up votes from post before the manga ended and that's not an indicator of "dedicated fan base". As jn an active fan base RIGHT NOW.

A better indicator of this is how many members exist in the subreddit right NOW. How many Tweets are made RIGHT NOW. how many videos on YouTube are made RIGHT NOW. I'm emphasising RIGHT NOW because the manga Is selling like crazy RIGHT NOW. So shouldn't engagement in the manga reflect the sells RIGHT NOW????

It doesn't. The level of engagement for stuff like black clover is even higher than MHA.

I'm obviously talking about the western fans because duh. I know Kingdom exists. That's a story with virtually no western fanbase and it sells like a motherfucker. I'm not being ignorant about the influence of Japanese fans.

I'm just recognising that the best selling manga Dragon Ball, One piece, Naruto usually become that ALSO WITH WESTERN FANS. These manga usually becomebest selling ALONGSIDE getting a lot of western fans as an indicator of their success.

And KNY does not have that.

Of course I'm talking about the western fan Base. Duh.
KnY never sold 70 mil in the west. The sales posted in this thread are solely oricon Japanese sales. So don't act like "well duh, it was obvious", if you didn't even get what the figures were referring to. We don't know how much KnY has sold in the west, but its numbers are nowhere near as high as they are in Japan. (Manga's more popular in Japan + the western volume releases are behind the Japanese)

With that said, you should now have nothing to be in disbelief at.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern