Enma would...

• Drain Luffy's Haki normally

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Drain Luffy's Haki Less

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Not Drain Luffy

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
1st of all, does anybody else need to see Luffy bug the shit outta Zoro by mishandling such a legendary sword?:milaugh:I was on the floor the first time I saw it & desperately want an encore. It's up there with Sanji meeting Duval funny:ROFLMAO:. Honestly, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he ends up with the Ame no Habakiri till the end of the series (and never unsheathes it:p)
But anyway, if Luffy just punched with Enma in hand,
a. would it drain his Haki?
b. would it matter if it did?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Probably not.

There seems to be some weird spiritual semi-sentience to some swords (Enma being one of them) in One Piece, where they are aware of what their wielder is trying to do. Unless someone actively tried to use Enma as intended, as a sword, I don't think the haki drain would come into effect.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
1st of all, does anybody else need to see Luffy bug the shit outta Zoro by mishandling such a legendary sword?:milaugh:I was on the floor the first time I saw it & desperately want an encore. It's up there with Sanji meeting Duval funny:ROFLMAO:. Honestly, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he ends up with the Ame no Habakiri till the end of the series (and never unsheathes it:p)
A. Dont think so.
B. Of course it would itd fuck g4 up.

M

MD Zolo

You want Luffy, who is weak to sharp objects, to punch a meito blade. He is gonna get his hands split in half.

Now in seriousness, the sword drains haki to cut things. Punching it won't drain haki.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Well its pretty obvious that if it sucks luffys haki in it affects his g4 which already has haki time issues.
Just thinking if enma could do that it would be ridiculously overpowered. Zoro could suck luffys haki and attack tenfold. God no oda. No magic swords please.

M

MD Zolo

I don't think OP is asking what would happen if Zoro and Luffy clashed while Zoro was using Enma. He's asking what would happen if Luffy was using Enma like he did Nidai at the start of the arc and punched people with it in his hand
Ah! I am an idiot.

Okay, the answer is no. The sword will drain haki when the wielder wants to cut something. Not hold it and punch with his/her hands.

If Luffy tries to punch and at the same time cuts with it like he did with some fodder when he was derping with Zoro before fighting Hawkins imo the sword will drain whatever it can and slice the shit out of whatever it hits. Maybe it will do it anyway, even if Luffy doesn't cut stuff, sending an airslash on its own will just like the oje which cut the coast with Zoro.

Point is that this sword seems a savage untamed beast hungry for haki, imo whenever it has a chance to it will drain haki and dish the biggest attack it can, ni matter the user will.

On the other hand about Luffy he is an expert about haki and coa and he most likely has a greater haki reserve than Zoro, said this he has 0 experience with coating objects and most likely doesn't even know how to do it or how it works. So imo Enma will take whatever haki it can and it will be a chunck bigger than what it took fron Zoro both in relative quantity and absolute as well. Leaving Luffy exhausted but at the same time cutting up way more than what it did with Zoro. Then there is also the possibility that even Enma has a limit to hiw much haki it can chew at once but this is another story.

I feel like Luffy will take the sword and use it to defeat Kaido in the end after Zoro is either unable or gives him or comically takes it from Zoro XD.