Share your Top 10 Favorite Manga

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
As simple as the title states, give your top 10 favorite manga.

You can list them chronologically from 1-10, or unordered in specific tiers, or a combination of both, or without any kind of sorting at all.

I canโ€™t just outright rank my favorite 10 manga because I enjoy each one for a different reason. Their respective authors are attempting to accomplish different goals in different genres with different styles of storytelling. Also within the same genre, an author can focus more on drama, another on comedy, another on action, another on adventure. Which is why I hate rankings in general, it depends on what you value more :cheers:

Without further ado, here are mine (I posted my favorite volume cover for each series :catpole:)

As simple as the title states, give your top 10 favorite manga.

You can list them chronologically from 1-10, or unordered in specific tiers, or a combination of both, or without any kind of sorting at all.

I canโ€™t just outright rank my favorite 10 manga because I enjoy each one for a different reason. Their respective authors are attempting to accomplish different goals in different genres with different styles of storytelling. Also within the same genre, an author can focus more on drama, another on comedy, another on action, another on adventure. Which is why I hate rankings in general, it depends on what you value more :cheers:

Without further ado, here are mine (I posted my favorite volume cover for each series :catpole:)

Yo brother, Finally someone is showing Slam Dunk love. I was recently rereading Shohoku vs Sannou arc :steef:

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
Yo brother, Finally someone is showing Slam Dunk love. I was recently rereading Shohoku vs Sannou arc :steef:
I re-read Slam Dunk every couple of months. The simple beauty of that manga is unparalleled.

Sanno vs Shohoku is one of the best arcs I've ever read and a shame it never got adapted in the anime :josad:

My list will be based on how much I enjoy reading the manga only and without taking the anime into consideration:

1. One Piece
2. Kingdom
3. Berserk
4. Slam Dunk
5. Rurouni Kenshin (I started with the anime, it could be higher otherwise)
6. Baki
7. Breaker (technically a manhwa)
8. Gamaran
9. Vagabond
10. Hajime no Ippo

Honourable mention: Kengan Asura, One Punch Man, Vinland Saga

The mangas that didnt qualify because I enjoy the anime more OR I haven't finished the manga completely are:
Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, Death Note, FMA brotherhood, Gintama, Jojo, KnB, Hitman Reborn, Inuyasha etc

Last edited: