General & Others Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

• Total voters
This thread is more suitable for our discussion @True God Moe
Your only one trying to force fault in the arc when it hardly had anything with Cake thing which Oda clearly justify the means why it was needed and nothing else would have stop her.
Nothing apart from dropping her into the ocean or just letting her starve. It wasn’t like she was already in the process of dying, amirite? :namiriously:
I am not denying all those stuff that didn't help, but it was truly Cake that was spotlight for all as again BM was about to destroy the ship and probably kill them. If the cake never arrived, everyone would have die. Your pushing that it was meaningless for cake to be use, but just telling you truth and purpose of it all.
So if those things helped, that means the cake by it’s own merit fails. :smithnie:

If the cake never arrived then Linlin dies and that solves a metric ton of problems. :goatasure:

It was meaningless because the cake literally healed her to full health. If not for the numerous meat shields and Chiffon’s quick thinking, what were they going to do with the problem of full power, caked out Linlin? Parley? :doffytroll:
Then everyone else die as Jimbei stress no one can beat her and they will lose the ship. Thus leave them prey to BM and BMP as they are trapped by them. Lol your actually betting Jimbei and others could easily keep her away and beat her when G4 Luffy got neg-diff early XD :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:?! Guess then Luffy is at the power of beating Kaido since he send Dragon Kaido to the ground by your logic. Though we all know how that ended when Kaido want to use his power :cheers:.
Unless you believe that skinny Linlin is equal to full power Linlin then everything you just said falls completely flat on its face.

The Straw Hats were running circles round her. Jinbe by himself was almost successful in knocking her arse into the ocean and killing her.

If Jinbe by himself can do that then Jinbe + Luffy (had he simply trapped Katakuri in the Mirror World instead of stupidly abandoning his crew mates at their greatest time of need) would have been enough to dunk her into the ocean and permanently end their Yonko problem.
Morals is important factor to the arc and saying that you failed to understand as it's similar case to his debut arc at Baratie, but in this case he use to save his friends since no way you can beat BM in an legit fight. Why you thinking overpowering her is idea when she is complete monster all around. All the attacks did nothing to her especially in her slimmer state, so betting on Jimbei and others doing that together will not take her down. Oda push how strong she is in different states and that won't stop her even if they gang up on her.
Morals are important in the arc where all the Straw Hats present, agree to assist in assassinating an elderly granny by triggering a complete mental breakdown and murdering her while she is utterly defenseless? :kaidowhat:

Such inspirational morality. :goatasure:
Your acting more like you didn't like direction cause not much fighting action than trying to understand there are other points in arc and themes about it. That's more on you and minority for not liking it, but majority has explain and tell their side why WCI is what it is and it all make sense about it :endthis:.
This is nothing but a complete assumption on what you perceive my opinion to be on a subject that I have not actually stated my opinion on. :lawsigh:

Quote me on where I say that I wanted to the story go in a “fighting action” direction.

Just because I say something could go in a specific direction does not mean I said that I want it to go in a specific direction.

On a side note, stop with “the majority” nonsense. To say something is either right or factually correct because “majority decision” is a complete logical fallacy.

Case in point, Galileo vs the entirety of Italy on whether the Earth revolves around the sun or the other way around.

This thread is more suitable for our discussion @True God Moe

Nothing apart from dropping her into the ocean or just letting her starve. It wasn’t like she was already in the process of dying, amirite? :namiriously:

So if those things helped, that means the cake by it’s own merit fails. :smithnie:

If the cake never arrived then Linlin dies and that solves a metric ton of problems. :goatasure:

It was meaningless because the cake literally healed her to full health. If not for the numerous meat shields and Chiffon’s quick thinking, what were they going to do with the problem of full power, caked out Linlin? Parley? :doffytroll:

Unless you believe that skinny Linlin is equal to full power Linlin then everything you just said falls completely flat on its face.

The Straw Hats were running circles round her. Jinbe by himself was almost successful in knocking her arse into the ocean and killing her.

If Jinbe by himself can do that then Jinbe + Luffy (had he simply trapped Katakuri in the Mirror World instead of stupidly abandoning his crew mates at their greatest time of need) would have been enough to dunk her into the ocean and permanently end their Yonko problem.

Morals are important in the arc where all the Straw Hats present, agree to assist in assassinating an elderly granny by triggering a complete mental breakdown and murdering her while she is utterly defenseless? :kaidowhat:

Such inspirational morality. :goatasure:

This is nothing but a complete assumption on what you perceive my opinion to be on a subject that I have not actually stated my opinion on. :lawsigh:

Quote me on where I say that I wanted to the story go in a “fighting action” direction.

Just because I say something could go in a specific direction does not mean I said that I want it to go in a specific direction.

On a side note, stop with “the majority” nonsense. To say something is either right or factually correct because “majority decision” is a complete logical fallacy.

Case in point, Galileo vs the entirety of Italy on whether the Earth revolves around the sun or the other way around.
That easier say than done. I wonder why that never happen?...Oh yeah, because it can't at all since she got her Homies and again pushing her back won't stop her as she takes no damage at all.

Nah, Cake was very much needed as again without it with those stated, it would not stop BM as she keep chasing them to the ends of the earth for the Cake. She travels fast, so again Cake was very important overall in the end. If you got time to troll, learn to post the right facts on situation as your going against all that was explain and Oda defending it, so your pushing more your mindset than logic sense of the situation.

So Jimbei stating they need to abandon ship and next time we saw them Chopper was going to sacrifice his life means nothing to you on visible sense even when they stated it in context? Pushing her back does no damage and again she can make Homies out of everything, so she wouldn't go down like that at all. Luffy, Sanji, Jimbei, etc. would not do anything to her even in that state. The best is doing an scratch on her, but overall they die in the end. She is Yonko, not fodder captain who is easily to be beaten.

How to murder something that can't be when stated she is an 'Iron Balloon' and you think it's easy to kill an Yonko while they sleep? Yeah that works perfectly as ask Ace that when he tries to kill WB...Oh wait, he failed miserably many times until he was made official member of his crew. Don't think killing an Yonko is simple as just killing them when you think their guard is down as their guard is truly never down.

Do tell me the ways of how to kill an Yonko in face to face fight as you seem to be expert of powerscaling and thinking this is like DB where fighting is all that matters and raising your power lvl to next lvl by screaming and such.

Your not making much sense and your acting Zoro-Brainer 101 man with your post and how your acting. You look even salty in your whole post while I am just being chill during our whole talk. If you got your own opinions, that is fine, but truth is truth and just stating to you why your looking things at wrong perspective as your posts are more your mindset, not thinking of consequences nor what happened in context of this arc. It was never meant to be domination fight on taking them down, it was like Impel Down Arc to retrieve and developing character overall. It's not that hard to comprehend at all.

That easier say than done. I wonder why that never happen?...Oh yeah, because it can't at all since she got her Homies and again pushing her back won't stop her as she takes no damage at all.

Nah, Cake was very much needed as again without it with those stated, it would not stop BM as she keep chasing them to the ends of the earth for the Cake. She travels fast, so again Cake was very important overall in the end. If you got time to troll, learn to post the right facts on situation as your going against all that was explain and Oda defending it, so your pushing more your mindset than logic sense of the situation.

So Jimbei stating they need to abandon ship and next time we saw them Chopper was going to sacrifice his life means nothing to you on visible sense even when they stated it in context? Pushing her back does no damage and again she can make Homies out of everything, so she wouldn't go down like that at all. Luffy, Sanji, Jimbei, etc. would not do anything to her even in that state. The best is doing an scratch on her, but overall they die in the end. She is Yonko, not fodder captain who is easily to be beaten.
The same Homies that Brook can both damage and speed blitz, that Nami can manipulate and that Jinbe can extinguish?

They outright steal Zeus from her (Nami still in fact has Zeus) and Jinbe can naturally counter Prometheus with his water manipulation and a Fishman Karate, especially this far out at sea.

Had Jinbe simply decided to douse Prometheus again after Zeus was permanently out of commission then Prometheus would have shrunk to size where he could no longer support Linlin and Linlin would have drowned to death.

The only reason this does not happen is because Oda writes the characters in such a way that they cannot realise or take advantage of the completely obvious.

So yes, considering Jinbe working in tandem with the weaker Straw Hats was enough to knock her around and nearly kill her then had Luffy and Sanji stayed behind to assist then their Yonko problems would have been ended permanently.

As for “chasing them to the ends of the Earth”, that isn’t much of a threat when she is in the process of dying. Lol. Just don’t give her the wholly unnecessary cake and she dies.

Otherwise, her sanity returns and she goes back to pursuing them across the earth anyway. Even into enemy Yonko territory. Which is what happens.

Thank goodness all that plot armor prevented her from killing many of the Straw Hats’ loved ones though just like she did with Jigra. :catsweat:
How to murder something that can't be when stated she is an 'Iron Balloon' and you think it's easy to kill an Yonko while they sleep? Yeah that works perfectly as ask Ace that when he tries to kill WB...Oh wait, he failed miserably many times until he was made official member of his crew. Don't think killing an Yonko is simple as just killing them when you think their guard is down as their guard is truly never down.

Do tell me the ways of how to kill an Yonko in face to face fight as you seem to be expert of powerscaling and thinking this is like DB where fighting is all that matters and raising your power lvl to next lvl by screaming and such.
Now you have gone completely off your rocker.

The first paragraph is completely irrelevant since none of it applies to any situation I have been talking about. I have never mentioned sleeping Yonko once so I am not sure how they suddenly came into this conversation. Lol.

As for the second paragraph, how in God’s name has pointing out the inherent situational, environmental and elemental advantages in a specific scenario got anything to with Dragon Ball style power levels?

The level of utterly delusional projection on show here is legitimately shocking.
Your not making much sense and your acting Zoro-Brainer 101 man with your post and how your acting. You look even salty in your whole post while I am just being chill during our whole talk. If you got your own opinions, that is fine, but truth is truth and just stating to you why your looking things at wrong perspective as your posts are more your mindset, not thinking of consequences nor what happened in context of this arc. It was never meant to be domination fight on taking them down, it was like Impel Down Arc to retrieve and developing character overall. It's not that hard to comprehend at all.
This entire paragraph is nothing but a sad mixture of rambling and projecting.

Oda simply could have had Linlin go apeshit on her own family thus providing the Straw Hats with the necessary chance to escape and it would have ultimately led to exact same conclusion that we got minus twenty chapters of poorly handled character development (Katakuri’s 180 personality change, the Pudding x Sanji plot that goes nowhere, Luffy stupidly abandoning crew mates to be a rubber Goku clone and Carrot suddenly having a personal connection to Pedro that was simply never established before he blew himself up all spring to mind), characters looking utterly stupid and a Yonko being turned into an utter joke.

If Oda wanted to make this an Impel Down 2.0 arc of character development then he utterly failed miserably.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again - WCI and Dressrosa could both have been 25-30 chapters shorter than they were without missing a beat narratively. Putting aside the fact that Reverie/Wano could have started sooner and helped improve the pacing just as Oda decided to kick off the series endgame, both arcs suffer from unnecessarily convoluted plans on the part of the protagonists AND antagonists, separating the Straw Hats was unhelpful and really turned off a lot of people (myself included), and just dragged way too long as they neared their conclusions. They each play an important part in the series, and a bad One Piece arc still reads better than a lot of comparable series, but I find myself revisiting them far less often than, say, Marineford or Enies Lobby or even Punk Hazard.

The same Homies that Brook can both damage and speed blitz, that Nami can manipulate and that Jinbe can extinguish?

They outright steal Zeus from her (Nami still in fact has Zeus) and Jinbe can naturally counter Prometheus with his water manipulation and a Fishman Karate, especially this far out at sea.

Had Jinbe simply decided to douse Prometheus again after Zeus was permanently out of commission then Prometheus would have shrunk to size where he could no longer support Linlin and Linlin would have drowned to death.

The only reason this does not happen is because Oda writes the characters in such a way that they cannot realise or take advantage of the completely obvious.

So yes, considering Jinbe working in tandem with the weaker Straw Hats was enough to knock her around and nearly kill her then had Luffy and Sanji stayed behind to assist then their Yonko problems would have been ended permanently.

As for “chasing them to the ends of the Earth”, that isn’t much of a threat when she is in the process of dying. Lol. Just don’t give her the wholly unnecessary cake and she dies.

Otherwise, her sanity returns and she goes back to pursuing them across the earth anyway. Even into enemy Yonko territory. Which is what happens.

Thank goodness all that plot armor prevented her from killing many of the Straw Hats’ loved ones though just like she did with Jigra. :catsweat:

Now you have gone completely off your rocker.

The first paragraph is completely irrelevant since none of it applies to any situation I have been talking about. I have never mentioned sleeping Yonko once so I am not sure how they suddenly came into this conversation. Lol.

As for the second paragraph, how in God’s name has pointing out the inherent situational, environmental and elemental advantages in a specific scenario got anything to with Dragon Ball style power levels?

The level of utterly delusional projection on show here is legitimately shocking.

This entire paragraph is nothing but a sad mixture of rambling and projecting.

Oda simply could have had Linlin go apeshit on her own family thus providing the Straw Hats with the necessary chance to escape and it would have ultimately led to exact same conclusion that we got minus twenty chapters of poorly handled character development (Katakuri’s 180 personality change, the Pudding x Sanji plot that goes nowhere, Luffy stupidly abandoning crew mates to be a rubber Goku clone and Carrot suddenly having a personal connection to Pedro that was simply never established before he blew himself up all spring to mind), characters looking utterly stupid and a Yonko being turned into an utter joke.

If Oda wanted to make this an Impel Down 2.0 arc of character development then he utterly failed miserably.

And that's why we last see them we saw them with Chopper wanting to sacrifice himself and Jimbei to abandon ship as she was about to strike and even Ocean Water would be useless to it? You do realize they were able to do that with:

1. She is holding back more cause she thinks they have Wedding Cake and can't do full power without destroying it.

2. Jimbei was pushed back easily by her and was only able to do that combine with water, not so much his strength or else he wouldn't be push back like he was.

3. Those were more lucky shots than crew truly overpowering her as you see her taking her time focus on cake than caring on wanting to have a fight throughout it and that's her not trying.

We are then back to this scene and it's dire for them. Your logic thinking she can be easily overpowered is again no logic behind it as if Oda thought pure power can topple her, then he would have done it when Luffy went G4 or for them to do it, but it's heavil stated she won't go down easily craze with hunger since even her own crew don't know how much 'dangerous' she was in that state. Nothing said they can take hr down and your more projecting your ideals than canon facts while ignoring concrete facts like this one on how outclassed they were.

Cause your acting as if overpowering her is the solution as you ignore what this chapter page told you about how strong she is. If your using argument of visible actions than I am showing you this and everyone here is doomed to stop her until Cake saves them, nothing supports that even with Luffy and Sanji, they could have taken her down. That's what you call projecting your ideals, but doesn't mean your ideals will work.

Only person off their rocker is you man as you can't admit when you are ignoring context and situation thinking it be all ok if they fought her together when an Yonko is not someone you can easily beat or take out even in state like this. Got learn to respect and learn context Oda wrote than thinking it's bad and they could overcome it when Oda enforce how powerful she truly is.

Your last paragraph look like sad mixture of denial and own projection man. I am telling you the truth even if it harsh one. If you can't accept it, don't act out thinking someone is against you when they are not. Just telling it straight to you and what your denying.

She would have probably except her first and MAIN GOAL that you keep to seem to understand and wrap your head is to find the cake and Perospero told her they Strawhats have it. How things would have gone is she would kill Strawhats first than anyone after it. Just because she going crazy, doesn't mean her conscious isn't all the way gone especially food is involve. Katakuri's development made sense, Pudding's development made sense and once again help the crew like with Sanji changing Viola to help them in Dressrosa.

Luffy didn't abandon them, he knew how dangerous Katakuri is and he would kill them all if he didn't take him by himself. He can't fight without worrying his crew in the fight. Carrot did have connection with Pedro as it was hinted and show upon in Zou about knowing each other. It was building up to the moment, nothing out of no where or rushing about it. Big Mom is no joke as shown how she is acting. If you mean her 'gag' with food hungers, everyone has a gag on them, but it's one to make her very dangerous. That's her character, not something out of no where or make zero sense as before her full debut, there was hints of her being an voracious women for a long time.

Seems more like your projecting and don't like when your own ideals not put forward for something that is better and OP hasn't lost steam in the arc since finishing. This one of the few reasons guys like you don't understand since you expecting something more your way than seeing it and understanding how Oda was writing. It was explain through Youtubers, Twitters, Redditors, etc.. If it was an terrible arc. Many will agree with you, but overall majority explain it out and why it's one of the best arcs for NW thus far.

Just telling you the truth, nothing biased or anything. Check links I put about before or I can link it to you, so you see how they explain it for you to understand if you want to have honest shot on wanting to get about the arc cause what your stating won't fly if you tell it to others on major scale.

And that's why we last see them we saw them with Chopper wanting to sacrifice himself and Jimbei to abandon ship as she was about to strike and even Ocean Water would be useless to it? You do realize they were able to do that with:

1. She is holding back more cause she thinks they have Wedding Cake and can't do full power without destroying it.

2. Jimbei was pushed back easily by her and was only able to do that combine with water, not so much his strength or else he wouldn't be push back like he was.

3. Those were more lucky shots than crew truly overpowering her as you see her taking her time focus on cake than caring on wanting to have a fight throughout it and that's her not trying.

We are then back to this scene and it's dire for them. Your logic thinking she can be easily overpowered is again no logic behind it as if Oda thought pure power can topple her, then he would have done it when Luffy went G4 or for them to do it, but it's heavil stated she won't go down easily craze with hunger since even her own crew don't know how much 'dangerous' she was in that state. Nothing said they can take hr down and your more projecting your ideals than canon facts while ignoring concrete facts like this one on how outclassed they were.

Cause your acting as if overpowering her is the solution as you ignore what this chapter page told you about how strong she is. If your using argument of visible actions than I am showing you this and everyone here is doomed to stop her until Cake saves them, nothing supports that even with Luffy and Sanji, they could have taken her down. That's what you call projecting your ideals, but doesn't mean your ideals will work.
The only reason Prometheus grew that big was because Jinbe did not deal with him immediately when he was much smaller.

Besides, how does growing bigger make him immune to seawater? Lol. Just because he is bigger does not mean that the canonical weakness that he has always had has suddenly vanished into thin air.

Just because Jinbe says “blah” does not mean the reader should not question it if what he says does not make sense.

Tell me, in the panel below, what was preventing Jinbe from telling someone to take the wheel while he doused Prometheus yet again and drop Linlin’s arse into the ocean?
The answer is nothing. Why did he not do it? Simple. The answer is “plot”.

As for Jinbe telling everyone to “abandon ship”, this is the same Jinbe that called the Sunny “invincible”. Lol.
Thus one of the greatest problems with the entire cake chase sequence revealed.

Fake tension.

Fake tension created by the fact that all the characters on board are obviously going to live (the Straw Hats are obviously not going to die and Carrot is supposedly carrying on Pedro’s will) and the Thousand Sunny, Franky’s dream ship, is never going to be in any real danger that would have actual consequences.

Fake tension created by the fact that at every opportunity where there was a chance for any of these characters to kill each other, they don’t because plot demands it even when the opportunity is utterly obvious.

Fake tension created by the characters consistently flip flopping between “We’re screwed! We’re saved!! We’re screwed!!! We’re saved again!!!!”
Katakuri's development made sense, Pudding's development made sense and once again help the crew like with Sanji changing Viola to help them in Dressrosa. Carrot did have connection with Pedro as it was hinted and show upon in Zou about knowing each other.
I) Katakuri flip flopped between “I will do anything to protect my family” to “I sure like the guy that assisted in nearly killing my mother, choked my sister into unconsciousness and brutally assaulted my various siblings. What a swell bloke”.

Not to mention the whole “I won’t underestimate you Straw Hat” schtick that went 180 after he assumed Luffy was dead (so much for the “perfectionist”) because he was too busy on randomly deciding to eat donuts out of nowhere because plot.

II) Pudding’s development was tied with her interaction with Sanji that culminated in the kiss..... that she then erased Sanji’s memory of this thus bringing the entire relationship back to square one.

Never mind the fact that she had a flashback of Lola that ultimately also went nowhere and a desire to be free of BM’s influence since that also went nowhere too.

Pudding’s character went nowhere.

III) There was nothing to suggest that Carrot and Pedro were anything more than well acquainted work colleagues before Pedro blew himself up. Considering that Pedro was the leader of the Whale Forest Guardians thus being one of the highest ranked individuals in Zou’s military and Carrot was a messenger between the two Mink faction rulers then it is hardly surprising that they “knew” of each other considering how Pedro would obviously be famous in the Mink community due to his rank and the fact Carrot goes to deliver messages to one of aforementioned faction leaders, Nekomamushi, whom Pedro serves.

Two characters simply knowing of each other is not enough on its own to suggest a relationship as close as student/mentor.
Your last paragraph look like sad mixture of denial and own projection man. I am telling you the truth even if it harsh one. If you can't accept it, don't act out thinking someone is against you when they are not. Just telling it straight to you and what your denying.
This is irrelevant projection.
Luffy didn't abandon them, he knew how dangerous Katakuri is and he would kill them all if he didn't take him by himself. He can't fight without worrying his crew in the fight. It was building up to the moment, nothing out of no where or rushing about it.
Complete codswallop. Luffy had the perfect chance to deal with Katakuri in a most gloriously opportunistic moment when he managed to trap Katakuri.
Luffy then grabbed the BMP’s greatest asset in maneuverability, Brûlée. The mirrors in the Mirror World only turn into portals when Brûlée comes into physical contact with them, so capturing Brûlée means that anyone already in the Mirror World (i.e. Big Mom’s forces) is permanently stuck there
From here, Luffy could have easily dealt with two of the largest threats to the crew in a single move.

Trapping Katakuri in the Mirror World while dragging Brûlée onto the Sunny and knocking her out with haki would have been an excellent move. That would have permanently solved the problem of Katakurui along with whatever forces were in the Mirror World, prevent the BMP from using the Mirror World and allow Luffy to protect his crew from Linlin.

Hell, if Luffy felt like it, he could have tossed Katakuri into the water to drown and truly solve that problem permanently. He sure had no problem in assisting to kill a mentally broken granny earlier in the arc.

However, Luffy does none of these smart things. What does he do instead?

Instead of dragging Katakuri into a disadvantageous scenario that can prevent him from harming the crew, he instead puts Katakuri in a wholly advantageous situation and abandons his crew to deal with the Yonko threat by themselves because he wants to smash Katakuri.

Not only that but in bringing Brûlée back into the Mirror World with the rest of the BMP forces, the BMP are now free to invade or destroy the Sunny.
Luffy is downright responsible for nearly killing his own crew after abandoning them to fend from themselves against a Yonko, all because he wanted to punch Katakuri in the face. :lawsigh:
Big Mom is no joke as shown how she is acting. If you mean her 'gag' with food hungers, everyone has a gag on them, but it's one to make her very dangerous. That's her character, not something out of no where or make zero sense as before her full debut, there was hints of her being an voracious women for a long time.
Firstly, not “everyone” has a gag. Especially not major arc primary antagonists.

Crocodile, Rob Lucci, Captain Morgan, Gekko Moriah, Aokiji, Akainu, Doflamingo, the Boa Sisters, Hody Jones, Jack, Enel, Don Krieg, Kuro, Arlong etc. etc. are all straight laced characters that have no gags.

Even out of the rare few that do (e.g. Kizaru’s snail gag and Magellan’s diarrhea attacks), these gags never directly interfere with their ability to be effective antagonists and are only an introductory joke to begin with.

Secondly, Linlin’s hunger attacks are not a gag in the first place since they were never designed to be funny. The introduction of this personality trait is actually one of the most terrifying moments in One Piece.

At no point is this personality trait introduced as a comedic gag.

In a story, the first impression is always the strongest and the impressions established in this scene are;
1) Linlin cannot be reasoned with at all in this berserk state.
2) She does not recognize anyone, including family.
3) She is a threat to everyone and feels no remorse for murdering family.
4) She is completely lethal.
5) She is more dangerous in this state for the above reasons.

All of this is re-established in this scene with the apparent death of Opera and everyone panicking for their lives.

All of this is completely undone in these panels (and others too).

Linlin can now suddenly be reasoned with, recognise family members, is suddenly remorseful at the thought of killing one of her children where there was none to be found before, is actually weaker in this state to the point she can get knocked around and have her weapons stolen all while she is slowly dying and just to add a humiliating cherry on top of all this, Moscato is miraculously alive again, thus utterly ruining the original scene altogether and even casting doubt on whether Opera is actually dead.
Seems more like your projecting and don't like when your own ideals not put forward for something that is better and OP hasn't lost steam in the arc since finishing. This one of the few reasons guys like you don't understand since you expecting something more your way than seeing it and understanding how Oda was writing. It was explain through Youtubers, Twitters, Redditors, etc.. If it was an terrible arc. Many will agree with you, but overall majority explain it out and why it's one of the best arcs for NW thus far.

Just telling you the truth, nothing biased or anything. Check links I put about before or I can link it to you, so you see how they explain it for you to understand if you want to have honest shot on wanting to get about the arc cause what your stating won't fly if you tell it to others on major scale.
Alright, time to shoot down the inglorious return of the intellectually flawed “majority says” argument.

Question I) The “majority” of Western Europeans once believed the Earth was flat. Was their collective opinion factually correct through virtue of it being the “majority” opinion?

Question II) Galileo claimed that the Earth revolves around the Sun. The “majority” disagreed with him. Was Galileo wrong by virtue of the fact that he was in the “minority”?

If your answer is no then the flaw of the “majority says” argument should be transparently clear to you.

If your answer is yes then you desperately need some lessons in both astronomy and history.

Regardless, I am going to ignore any more drivel regarding the vapid opinion of the “majority” as it is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Some people only like to look at the positives of a story, and declare criticizing or concentrating on the negatives would make people lesser fans or something, hence why you get such discrepancy between opinions.

WCI tried something new for One Piece, which is commendable, sure it was a rescue arc once again, but the structure, the players, the way the players were incorporated, how they targeted the main opponents and so forth, were all new.
Unfortunately Oda failed with most of these, while doing the worst arc a character had in OP so far. Add to that seemingly minor annoyances, which over time and through its amount became rather major, yet it is one of the worst in my opinion.