Questions & Mysteries Why Izo is Ushimitsu Kozo (The Witching Hour Boy).

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Izo and Kiku grew up poor on the streets of Ringo, until they met and followed Oden.

I believe this is Izo’s way of inheriting Oden’s will by helping the starving.

I believe after the war with Blackbeard he went back to Wano, but went into hiding knowing Kaido would target any former vassal of Oden’s as well as a former member of the Whitebeard pirates.

I also believe the message Marco is sending to Luffy is about Izo's hiding place/potential alliance.

Like Yasu said, Izo knows they don’t have the military power to take down Kaido and Orochi now. So he’s hiding and waiting for the fateful day that Toki talked about while doing this good deed.

Another (dumb) reason it clicked with me, his silhouette looks like he's carrying something on his back. Which reminded me of this panel of him carrying Kiku when they were young :catcry:

Last edited:
First few pages of 942.

Also they mentioned in 932 that he appeared earlier that day in the capital while Hiyori and Kyoshiro were at Orochi's gathering.
In chapter 942 its implied that it wasn't the Witching hour boy but Yasu... They said that he did his stealing at the wrong time of night which was the first indicator that yasu was lying

In chapter 932 the time line isn't clear since we know the party was cut short before it easy supposed to end and the Witching hour boy strikes at like 1pm... You would have to give evidence that the party was still going on at 1pm to prevent Hiyori from having had the time to do this....

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
In chapter 942 its implied that it wasn't the Witching hour boy but Yasu... They said that he did his stealing at the wrong time of night which was the first indicator that yasu was lying

In chapter 932 the time line isn't clear since we know the party was cut short before it easy supposed to end and the Witching hour boy strikes at like 1pm... You would have to give evidence that the party was still going on at 1pm to prevent Hiyori from having had the time to do this....
You're right about 942 I misread the meaning of that panel. I'll edit that part out of theory.

On 932, I know that it's not conclusive of course because they could've done it before the party. I'm just pointing out that it's unlikely that they'd risk doing something like that on the same day they're attending/preparing to attend the party.

B
Very plausible theory. I could see it being the case especially Izo and Kiku were poor as kids and could barely feed themselves. He steals money and food from the rich and give it to the poor. It's a way of giving back and not wanting people to experience what he and Kiku had been through as a kids.

Last edited by a moderator: