Questions & Mysteries Pariston role in the story ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Here a thread to talk about one of the best antagonist in the show and one who didn't reveal all his secrets yet : Pariston Hill !!!

Pariston is many things : theformer vice chairman, the triple star hunter, a mastermind, has an army of 5000 chimera ants that can use Nen, the "rival" of Ging, the brain behind Beyond Netero trip to Dark Continent etc.

What do you think will be his role in the story ?

Being a hard wall for Ging character ? An end game villain ? The Dark continent villain ? Not a villain in the end ? etc

Lets discuss about his future role and his character !

@Chrono @dirtyLarry @Seth @Enma @Patryipe @Yasuda @Dark Admiral @Dragomir @Marimo_420 @Haoshoku @symbiote @Oblivion @Tobi @LuffyMazino @MasterD @FloriGlori @Mirza Syazwan @Luffy is the mc @XGoldrogeRX etc etc

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Here a thread to talk about one of the best antagonist in the show and one who didn't reveal all his secrets yet : Pariston Hill !!!

Pariston is many things : theformer vice chairman, the triple star hunter, a mastermind, has an army of 5000 chimera ants that can use Nen, the "rival" of Ging, the brain behind Beyond Netero trip to Dark Continent etc.

Being a hard wall for Ging character ? An end game villain ? The Dark continent villain ? Not a villain in the end ? etc

@Chrono @dirtyLarry @Seth @Enma @Patryipe @Yasuda @Dark Admiral @Dragomir @Marimo_420 @Haoshoku @symbiote @Oblivion @Tobi @LuffyMazino @MasterD @FloriGlori @Mirza Syazwan @Luffy is the mc @XGoldrogeRX etc etc
Whatever will people say. He felt Netero's death too. Dunno to which extent he was sad but he definitely felt that.

He is not a Hero not a Villain.

He wants to get a knowledge on something. His actions up to this point definitely meant to push some turn of events forward.

He's not a Villain but he would definitely work with the "bad guys" if that would help his cause.

For now I would call him Sadistic Neutral if there is a word like this.

If he's responsible for the Kurta Clan massacre then I will change my mind.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
If he's responsible for the Kurta Clan massacre then I will change my mind.
Why do you think he is responsible for that ?

I agree he is not 100% pure evil but I think he will oppose to Ging one way or another along the road. And his 5000 chimera ants at the side are kinda scary. The guy has an army at his service, he has also hundred Hunters at his service etc. The guy is preparing something.

Last edited:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Why do you think he is responsible for that ?
I think he is not that far from Ging ( he's a Ruin Hunter ) as everyone thinks in terms of motives. I think he might be a silent researcher type of guy. Before he became a Zodiac and triple star hunter he would research shit for his own use and shit. I think he find out about Kurta Clan and find them interesting to the point where he hired the Phantom Troupe to murder them so he can have their bodies and eyes to research on them and etc.

Definitely felt the hype for this guy, might as well be one of my favs.

I think Paristan might be depicted as bad guy at certain point in the story, but then there's going to be twist in the story.
Either he will be redeemed to have been acting in the interest of everyone from start, or he will be the person who acted on his own self interests to fuel his own ambitions to grow stronger and influential person, but ended up doing a good deed in the end. So in brief he actually might not be a bad person overall.

He could be the Hisoka lite, lol. He isn't pure evil but he isn't good guy either. He is there just to balance the power between light and dark.
His rivalry with Ging is a very interesting plot. He will probably be used to nerf Ging, when Ging is shown to be too OP for others to handle him.
His chimera ant army probably won't be used in bad manner. We've already seen that. He might lead them against whatever calamity Dark Continent will unleash towards humanity.
Lastly, if only HxH would be back and we could have more of these threads. :wellwell:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Doubt he will be huge in the Grand scheme of things, his personality shares a few traits with Hisoka's in my opinion; but I would like to hear @Extravlad about his role in the story and what kind of idea he formed.

Doubt he will be huge in the Grand scheme of things, his personality shares a few traits with Hisoka's in my opinion; but I would like to hear @Extravlad about his role in the story and what kind of idea he formed.
He's the perfect villain for the Dark Continent.
I don't think Togashi can afford to develop every Calamity into Meruem-type villains, they will be the biggest threats but not necessarely beings capable of thought.
Pariston will use this environment to create chaos, if he can use the power of these calamities then he will be unstoppable.
He'll make up for his lack of individual strength by using his brain

He is the most dangerous villain in HxH imo
While Hisoka,Chrollo and Terrisandwitch are crazy, they're all drawn by personal interests and none of them would do something that could fuck up and endanger all of humanity just for the sake of it
Pariston would.

However I think it will be Ging that will deal with Pariston, not Gon,Killua,Kurapika or Leolio

Nope he is therefore selling volumes everytime Togashi comes back he only realese 10 chapters which is equal to one volume and then he retires

The focus of the story was Gon become a hunter to find Ging now that he has accomblish this he doesnt want the story to be end because no more pocket money he introduces characters and storyline where he doesnt have any clue of and we are just waiting for him to return sell his volume and then retreat

Actually this arc was a bomb because there were so many groups/people in it. Spiders hunting Hisoka and the other way around, princes doing their royal rumble, Kurapika and Leorio, the Zodiacs opposed to Netero's group but also Biscuit, Illumi, Kalluto. Basically everybody bar the 2 main characters lol. Just imagine the bliss of making good interaction at a certain point between Hisoka and Pariston or make Pariston and Chrollo collide and ofcourse there is still Gin. So much potential. In the end if we are lucky we will get some sort of rushed arc, most likely an extremely rushed ending for the manga if we go on like this or maybe stop where we are. Too bad, too bad.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Actually this arc was a bomb because there were so many groups/people in it. Spiders hunting Hisoka and the other way around, princes doing their royal rumble, Kurapika and Leorio, the Zodiacs opposed to Netero's group but also Biscuit, Illumi, Kalluto. Basically everybody bar the 2 main characters lol. Just imagine the bliss of making good interaction at a certain point between Hisoka and Pariston or make Pariston and Chrollo collide and ofcourse there is still Gin. So much potential. In the end if we are lucky we will get some sort of rushed arc, most likely an extremely rushed ending for the manga if we go on like this or maybe stop where we are. Too bad, too bad.
i would have loved to see some Hisoka/Pariston or Chrollo/Pariston interactions.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
He's Ging's main opponent. The two of them will play mind games with each other till Ging finally breaks Pariston. I don't expect him to be super strong, but he won't be weak either.