Future Events Who Will Defeat King?

Who defeats King?

• Total voters
lets face facts here ye.

Regardless the fact that king vs zoro WAS a potential imperative fight... oda has proven to be not soo linear this time around.. and that notion has no possibilities backing it up to prove that plot progression wise.. King vs zoro will be a thing and with zoro already has his sight locked on kaido.. . soo ditch that possibility... choose marco, or sanji.. because they still entail possibilities and relevance to back the potential match up.

ZKK is possible but not ZKK... if u know you know
:ace:

i am your personal caretaker, actually. C'mon kiddo, time to stop throwing tantrum and go back to learn reading.
What Tantrum?

I literally missread something and even Agreed with Cinera. He is the one comming can you read wtf? and all that, acting like a spoiled kid

And then you come to back him up for whatever reason like it is something personal lmao

I am just laughing how much time i am making you guys waste while you think i am angry or some shit.

What Tantrum?

I literally missread something and even Agreed with Cinera. He is the one comming can you read wtf? and all that, acting like a spoiled kid

And then you come to back him up for whatever reason like it is something personal lmao

I am just laughing how much time i am making you guys waste while you think i am angry or some shit.
Ow ic ic Clever play.. guise over a guise
:kata:

I grew up on CoD2 MP and early WoW.
It is near impossible to make me mad
:kata:
Forged by trial :ace:
Post automatically merged:

Is there any particular reason why so little people consider the outchance of Yamato facing King off in order to get to her daddy. Rhetorical question.
The possibility is there, but I don't think it'll happen in my opinion.

I am highly confident Zoro's main fight is Kaido, so I don't think Zoro will fight King.

There are some compelling arguments in favour of Sanji vs King:
  • Sanji and King seem to have some build-up
    • They already had an actual confrontation earlier in the arc.
      • Contrast this with the complete lack of build-up for Zoro vs King.
    • King is most focused on killing Momonosuke
      • Sanji rescued Momonosuke from King already (thus thwarting his plans)
      • Sanji may have headed to rescue Momonosuke in the latest chapter
  • Marco told King that he's up against the New Generation.
    • Marco is himself not a part of this generation.
  • The Strawhats seem set to defeat Kaido's executives:
    • The Tobi Roppo appear to be matched against Strawhats:
      • Usopp vs Pay Pay
      • Nami vs Ulti
      • Robin & Brook vs Black Maria
      • Franky vs Sasaki
      • Jimbe vs Who's Who
    • The Calamities might also be matched against Strawhats:
      • Chopper vs Queen
        • With Assistance?
      • ??? vs Jack
        • Yamato?
      • ??? vs King
        • Sanji?
  • Sanji vs Queen is looking unlikely
    • Queen's conflict and grudge seem to be much stronger against Chopper and Drake
      • Chopper
        • Chopper has neutralised his viruses twice in a row
        • His subordinates betrayed him to protect Chopper
      • Drake
        • He has already tried to kill Drake
    • Queen mentioned eliminating Sanji in the same breath as eliminating Zoro. He didn't really give eliminating Sanji any special consideration.
    • Sanji and Queen haven't had any confrontation or any real build-up for a fight later down the line
      • In fact, Zoro has had more of a confrontation with Queen
    • Sanji and Queen are only superficially similar opponents with mainly meta reasons suggesting a confrontation between them.
      • The arguments for Sanji vs Queen are the same for Zoro vs King, and as mentioned I don't think Zoro will fight King.

As far as I can tell, unless you think Zoro is facing King as his main opponent, you shouldn't expect Queen to be Sanji's main opponent. Those who claim that Zoro's main opponent is Kaido, but that Sanji's main opponent is Queen are being pretty inconsistent.

Provided that Zoro's main opponent in this arc is in fact Kaido, Sanji facing King is more likely than Sanji facing Queen.

The main caveats that are holding me back from endorsing Sanji vs King are:
  • There's still a significant chance that Zoro defeats King
    • While there's no in-story reason to expect Zoro to defeat King, there are very strong meta reasons to expect Zoro to defeat King:
      • Zoro has always faced the strongest subordinates of the arc antagonist
        • Cabaji
        • Nyaban Brothers
        • Hatchan
        • Daz Bones
        • Ohm
        • Kaku
        • Ryuma
        • Hyouzou
        • Monet
        • Pica
      • Zoro has faced all formidable swordsmen opponents
        • Cabaji
        • Mihawk
        • Hatchan
        • Ohm
        • Captain T-Bone
        • Kaku
        • Ryuma
        • Hyouzou
      • A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating the arc antagonist's strongest subordinate is unprecedented
      • A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating a formidable swordsman opponent is unprecedented
      • In conclusion, Sanji defeating King would require two unprecedented events to happen
  • Similarly, there are meta reasons to expect Sanji to defeat Queen
    • Sanji normally defeats the arc antagonist's second strongest subordinate
      • Kuroobi
      • Bon Clay
      • Jabra
      • Absalom
      • Wadatsumi
        • Albeit he shared him with Jinbe
    • Sanji and Queen share some superficial similarities
      • Both of them love women
      • Both of them grieved over the death of Komurasaki
      • Queen seems to be goofy like some of Sanji's opponents
        • Bon Clay comes to mind
      • Queen also uses the power of science to fight
  • While it was an offhand comment, Queen seems to have some history with Sanji's father

All the above said, until Zoro is yeeted from the Kaido fight, I find Sanji vs King more probable than Sanji vs Queen. And even if Zoro does leave the Kaido fight to defeat King, Queen still has a much bigger grudge against — and much more build-up for a confrontation with — Chopper/Drake. So even if Zoro ends up fighting King, it's not enough to say that Sanji soloing Queen is now the most likely outcome.

This is a ridiculously good post on how realistic we can and should set our expectations on the matchups. Good work.

All in all, it really does feel like

- Zoro vs Kaido
- Sanji vs King
- Chopper (and Drake?) Vs Queen

As the most likely, but until we know the fates of the rooftops and typical Oda matchups that are sort of "meta" OP

- Zoro vs King
- Sanji vs Queen
- Chopper vs Drake(?)/some other major opponent (Page 1 if Usopp and Nami only fight Ulti)

Can't also be discounted. I have to say, I'd rather the former be true because Chopper fighting a Yonko Commander would be hilarious watching this fanbase crumble in its powerscaling frenzy. The former also has much more setup, I think we can admit that now by some accord (at least with Chopper/Queen and Zoro/Kaido)

Still nuts to rule out Marco just cause of the new generation theme.

Kyros in Dressorsa did not fit the theme of characters who will become GF leaders and actually took away two potential fights (Buffalo and Diamanete) from the Strawhats and their allies. Fights that could have went to Robin, Orlumbus or Ideo, who then didn’t get a victory the arc.

He’s probably the second strongest character in the alliance, has been a part of the series since before the Supernovas were even thought of, is the representative of Oden’s pirate life, has been a major part of the fight so far, was introduced to Wano as a parallel of King and has shown absolutely no inclination to leave the fight.

He also should be awakened, and has a Zoan fruit revolved around recovery. If there’s one person we should doubt will get beaten, it’s him. It’s not like everyone else is fresh, either.

Kyros in Dressorsa did not fit the theme of characters who will become GF leaders and actually took away two potential fights (Buffalo and Diamanete) from the Strawhats and their allies. Fights that could have went to Robin, Orlumbus or Ideo, who then didn’t get a victory the arc.

He’s probably the second strongest character in the alliance, has been a part of the series since before the Supernovas were even thought of, is the representative of Oden’s pirate life, has been a major part of the fight so far, was introduced to Wano as a parallel of King and has shown absolutely no inclination to leave the fight.

He also should be awakened, and has a Zoan fruit revolved around recovery. If there’s one person we should doubt will get beaten, it’s him. It’s not like everyone else is fresh, either.
Kyros needed to take revenge for his wife, but most importantly he didn't declare that the new generation would be the one to take down Doflamingo like Marco did for Kaido and the beast pirates.

That doesn't completely rule out a potential match up for him nonetheless.

The difference was, there was no clear narrative illustrating Kyros "shouldnt" take out a doflamingo executive, unlike Wano. Kyros was set up to fight Diamante for like 40 chapters. Wano specifically shows only new gen pirates fighting executives and highlights that when the CP0 guy talks.