Character Discussion What makes you like Luffy

Luffy always seems to know what to do next, when to stay, when to fight, when to run..lol He fight for the things others might not care but there is always deep meaning behind it, like he can fight for even a dog who was trying hard to protect his treasure. He treasure his friends the most and his hat which was given by his most respected person who also gave him the dream.

His resolve to become pirate king and he doesnt give a fuk about anybody that is in his way.

His craze for adventure, his love for his brothers, his funny faces, his silly gags, his genius yet stupido & unique way of fighting, his powerups, his baddass lines, his logic of heroism, i like everything about him. He was built different from others.

Luffy always seems to know what to do next, when to stay, when to fight, when to run..lol He fight for the things others might not care but there is always deep meaning behind it, like he can fight for even a dog who was trying hard to protect his treasure. He treasure his friends the most and his hat which was given by his most respected person who also gave him the dream.

His resolve to become pirate king and he doesnt give a fuk about anybody that is in his way.

His craze for adventure, his love for his brothers, his funny faces, his silly gags, his genius yet stupido & unique way of fighting, his powerups, his baddass lines, his logic of heroism, i like everything about him. He was built different from others.
Your last paragraph. Its the best.

1) He carries positive attitude no matter how dire the situation is and his presence lighten the mood and further spreads the positivity to his surroundings. His attitiude literally eases the atmosphere. It is always likeable whenever you have positivity surrounding you.
2) He is funny and even most of his fighting techniques are goofy but effective. Never got bored with his gags.
3) He never doubts himself (except for once) and at the same time he has attitude of knowing what he needs to do to overcome the insurmountable wall in front of him instead of crying in a corner and also knows that he can't do everything by himself. He is confident and arrogant but he knows gratitude.
4) He won't discriminate based on race/sex/religion/status etc. He recognized momo and berated Momo to step up instead of living in the shadow.
5) He is not badass but his badass moments are impactful. Examples: putting hat on Nami, smiling before his death, punching celestal dragon, explaining about pirate flag, destroying Nami room in Arlong park giving freedom to Nami, ringing golden bell, motivating his crew mates when he himself was in crisis against Katakuri, intentionally taking virus in Udon etc. Some of his epic one liners have too much impact and embodies the theme of One piece.
6) He wants to become Pirate king not for some kind of lofty goals. For him simple things like catching beetle bug is equal to becoming pirate king. He is the type of guy who enjoys journey than destination.

@ImmaIvanoM said, his decisions can still surprise you.....

sorry for bad English, I will put more when things come to my mind.

Lol maybe. But I got extremely excited when Luffy reveal gear 2 in EL. But now it feel meh when he got future sight, aCoa, aCoc.
Struggling all the way to Kaido? I don't feel any tension like Sabody arc or EL. Special treatment preskip? He admitted defeat to Kusan, begged Ivankov for power, pathetically run way during Sabody. All of these make Luffy interesting in my opinion. In addition, his main enemies has never been hyped as much as Kaido or Yonkos.

But look at him now. Keep charging to the "world strongest" without any consequence, turn prison into training camp, get tons of power up all of sudden, and gonna fodderize Kaido 1 on 1. Zoro? He tanks attack and then he got consequence. Luffy? you know what happens next. I can't tell much as it will be spoiler. If you can't see the difference good for you.

TBH, I expect some idea to change my mind so that I can enjoy OP more. But it seems you just worship Luffy and no one can criticizes about him.
Post automatically merged:

I also wank Sanji and other strawhats to be honest. But Zoro seems to be the only one except Luffy who got a chance from Oda.
Sorry but your points don't make any sense. Preskip villains didn't get hype? Crocodile? Rob Lucci? Moria? At that time they were too strong for Luffy. There hype was same at that time. If there were forums like we have now, I bet you will say the same thing as you are saying now? Luffy lost against Kaido and lost first round against Katakuri. He realized that he can't beat Katakuri as he was now. He found that FS was the only way. Mid fight power up is not the first time happened in one piece. He lost to Admirals in Marineford who are in similar terms to Kaidou? He lost and knows the reason why he got lost and try to come up with techniques. But his powerups always comes with price. Did that happen to any other character in the entire series? You act like he was having easy time. He put himself in life and death situation to learn future sight. Foderize Kaidou? Do you even know the meaning of fodderize? Anyways Luffy didn't jump from Pica level opponent to Kaidou level.

So what I understand is that you just hate Luffy because he is getting stronger. Of course you have no problems if Luffy remains fodder to Kaidou. And even in climax of the series he should be fodder.

Post automatically merged:

Sorry but your points don't make any sense. Preskip villains didn't get hype? Crocodile? Rob Lucci? Moria? At that time they were too strong for Luffy. There hype was same at that time. If there were forums like we have now, I bet you will say the same thing as you are saying now? Luffy lost against Kaido and lost first round against Katakuri. He realized that he can't beat Katakuri as he was now. He found that FS was the only way. Mid fight power up is not the first time happened in one piece. He lost to Admirals in Marineford who are in similar terms to Kaidou? He lost and knows the reason why he got lost and try to come up with techniques. But his powerups always comes with price. Did that happen to any other character in the entire series? You act like he was having easy time. He put himself in life and death situation to learn future sight. Foderize Kaidou? Do you even know the meaning of fodderize? Anyways Luffy didn't jump from Pica level opponent to Kaidou level.

So what I understand is that you just hate Luffy because he is getting stronger. Of course you have no problems if Luffy remains fodder to Kaidou. And even in climax of the series he should be fodder.
Oh yeah, I am sure that Crocodile presence at that time were more threatening than the Kaidou right now. And looks like you also expected Yonkos to be gods.

Last edited:
It just never disappoints me how undyingly cheeky Luffy is.
- Tellin Issho he likes him
- Completely misunderstanding Judge
- Mocking Kaido for dodging once

Plus even though characters with elastic powers are a dime a dozen, Luffy’s 2nd to no one

I got bored of him already. I guess after time skip most of his focus is training fighting like wth, conc on adventuring like roger.