Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah yamato is connected to ace/oden.........plus has desire to venture out.........rebecca didn't have any.............plus at the end of the day anything can happen....if oda wants ulti may join and not yamato so nothing is set in stone obvi............
I definitely think Yamato has a case to join but my point is that people shouldn’t act like anything in this manga is set in stone before it actually happens because we all know how much oda likes to surprise his audience

I definitely think Yamato has a case to join but my point is that people shouldn’t act like anything in this manga is set in stone before it actually happens because we all know how much oda likes to surprise his audience
Yes.......that much is obvious......we simply like to hype about it because thats fun.........

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
People used to say this exact same thing about Rebecca for the first half of dressrosa :milaugh:
People also used to say Jinbe would die before joining the crew...so providing an example of how stupid the fandom is doesn’t help your case the way you think it does. I know you’re trolling, so I won’t bother pointing out the myriad narrative and developmental differences between Rebecca and Yamato.

What do you mean Yamato can accomplish her wish by joining momo?? Momos going to be the new Shogun of wano. Yamato refers to themselves as Oden because of Odens wish to be free from this cramped land and leave.
The goal is to open Wano to the world. That presumably means people can come and go freely, and more than likely will call for envoys to head out from Wano and bring back goods and knowledge to rebuild what was destroyed by Orochi's pollution. That would be right up Yamato's alley, speaking purely hypothetically.

Momo is staying on wano.
Yamato was stuck on Onigashima, not on Wano proper, which is a big place and he hasn't seen since he was a child Momo's age. As another hypothetical, what Oden found cramped Yamato might actually enjoy exploring, especially if he has friends and allies to share the experience with.

And you have to admit Odas testing of Yamato has been much kinder than anything Carrot was given...
I have no problem with Oda putting Carrot through the wringer. A trial by fire is exactly what she could use to prove her mettle as a Straw Hat.

Yamato has a lot of wishes, and there's no telling which way they'll lead him once the battle is over. Becoming Oden, allowing Momo to bring the dawn, going out to sea, opening Wano, being free. Do they all coincide with being on Luffy's crew? Maybe. Could any and all of that happen by joining Momo instead? Maybe. Which has always been my point: Yamato has a choice to make between Luffy and Momo, but each is equally likely to make him happy.

She wants more than to see the world, but I never said anything about her dream being more certain than Yamato's. I expect to find out more about both of them, and I'm pointing out what Carrot still needs just as much as I do Yamato.

This I find patently ridiculous. She has bonds with half the crew already, with the touchstone of Pedro's death a big part of it all, which is a lot more than Yamato can currently boast.

How many Straw Hats did before they joined? Usopp didn't, Robin didn't, Franky didn't, Jinbe didn't until the end of FI.

Which may change depending on whether she takes Perospero's jibe to run back home lying down or not.

Oda brought up Pedro's last words before AND after the battle with Peros. You discount it at your own peril.

Kaido isn't going to still be an issue after this battle. That leaves seeing the world and everything else, and you can read my response to Yasheen for that. I'll just end by saying I don't think Yamato has a weak case or that Carrot's is airtight. However, I believe Carrot has been given more time to grow with the crew precisely because she's going to join, and the rushed nature of Yamato, much of it with Momo rather than a crew member, indicates the opposite.

We'll see.
Momosuke has never shown desire to join Luffy’s crew at all or follow into his father footsteps. IF he did ask to join straw hats Luffy might as well give similar response to him the same way that Shanks said to him when he was that age. Carrot might have a bond with few members but there still little revolving mystery surrounding her history with pedro and her backstory. Heck throughout these entire arcs she has been with them she basically has been there to be support and background character. Like- Artur from thelibraryofohara and joygirl said in their videos. Carrot does not really have an arc to call her there as own as a person. She does not really feel like main focus of any the arcs she has been part of. She has been there as support character just going along for the ride rather than being main character in her own story arc.
I see your point that most of straw hats did not really have a desire for adventure or to join Luffy’s crew at first. However, there goals and ambition do, revolve around them traveling the world in order to complete their own personal goals. The point is most straw hats in their circumstance did have a predicament that prevent them from leaving where they were. Either base on self-blame, owning someone a debt, and being afraid challenge the person who may have oppressed them. I do acknowledge that both characters seem have same desire of going on adventure seeing the world.
However, there is kind difference circumstance in terms approaching Luffy. Carrot came as stowaway on the ship and while Yamato was prisoner for her father organization for 20+ years. For me Carrot was never really in a predicament that prevented her from leaving Zou. She could have gone out to sea on her own at any given point time in her life. The only thing she would have receive is scolding from dogtooth and Wanda. Granted if she did go out to sea, she would have no idea on what to do. Toward pedro’s death she did end possible gaining new goal maybe. Sad thing she has not mention it at all. Yamato at least had explosive cuff on her wrist and the fears of her father from doing anything for herself. She has had interested meeting Luffy has desire going out to sea just like her role model did. In Luffy response he did kind free her on a personal level. She is willing fight on their side to help aid the alliance . She does kind own Luffy favor for helping her in her current circumstance She has been given direct order by him to look after someone in the meantime. As well Showing willingness to Fight alongside with him against her father. Ever since act 3 started she has been more focus lately alongside with Momo. We are getting know more about her as characters as chapters go on. While Carrot other hand has is kind being reduce of being background character. Yamato were getting know more about her as character she at least had had chapter devoted toward her. While Carrot fight was kind completely gloss over by Oda. Usually, when Oda would have given a potential straw hat time shine, he highlights them moment of them struggling against obstacle and sometimes one the straw hat would back them up in that case scenario. None of the straw hats came to her aid or defend he in anyway. Yamato power are still mystery to us fans. We still do not know was just fully capable of yet. From what I have seen she is very strong she hiding great deal powers.

There are some people who are overestimating Yamato's strength. If you consider her as the next SH, her upper limit won't surpass Oda's favorite character.
If he can block two Yonkou's attack in one second, Yamato won't have any better feats than him.
Jinbei was able to block big mom's attack and push out of the sunny. As well did a judo move against her as well. Yamato seem to be more durable like her father.

Vivi is already considered as a SH under #13 (given by Oda), so we have three girls already and for me it seems unlikely he would add another two (unless it's Tama, she's still a kid)
Also I have a feeling there won't be any more "boobs owners" on the team, because they could steal the spotlight from his absolute queen Nami haha.

Vivi is already considered as a SH under #13 (given by Oda), so we have three girls already and for me it seems unlikely he would add another two (unless it's Tama, she's still a kid)
Also I have a feeling there won't be any more "boobs owners" on the team, because they could steal the spotlight from his absolute queen Nami haha.
Vivi's official number is 5.5. 13 was from a vivre card, with Sunny and Merry being 11 and 12.

Unlike with Jinbe where Oda waited till he officially joined,to draw him in a colour page,Oda drew tama and Carrot along with the SH,indicating they aren't really considered to be part of the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.