General & Others Times the anime did better

im sorry dont how you can say the anime did luffy vs kaido better ,oda was doing something pacific with it, he had luffy using multiple strong attacks on a quit drunk kaido doing not much to him, how does adding multiple pushing contests in to this scene add to the story, the manga was a simple trying to do a message luffy doesnt have abillty to do any seriously damage and also showing kaido is just not only a brute he has speed.
Eh. I don't think Kaido having speed is really that important of a plot point though. Like, he has one fast attack, but other than that, his incredibly slow most of the time. Kaido's toughness is something that is consistently highlighted far more. Kaido being fast is not really that big of a plot point considering how Kaido is shown to fight after this.

The pushing contest stuff was pretty much just there to make the fight cooler. That was it. Add a bit of spice to the action as opposed to it just consistently of Luffy punching Kaido(even though Luffy still did a shit ton of that, even in the anime).

The anime is not losing much by not highlighting Kaido's speed, because speed isn't really as important as the fact his tough and powerful.

The anime take the most important thing away, Kaido sighing and speedblitzing Luffy was the most important point of the battle,
The speedblitzing wasn't that important. Even now, its not particularly relevant, and the anime can still easily recontextualize that scene.

The anime had Kaido literall just flexing, which pretty much has the same sort of effect, so not much was lost there.
showing the large different between both characters.
Yes, the huge difference was still shown when Luffy's strongest attack was not only tanked, but overpowered by Kaido.
We know Luffy would be able to hurt Kaido, their was no point to let him use KKG in showdown.
Are you misspeaking here? Did you intend to say "we know that Luffy wouldn't be able to hurt Kaido".

The anime highlighted that even King Kong Gun couldn't hurt Kaido.

This was not something made terribly clear from the manga, and a lot of people still think that King Kong Gun would actually have been able to do something to Kaido.

And now they gonna get hard time to showing the scene where Kaido using Thunder bagua again where Luffy barely dodge it but showing he can fight back.
Actually, they'd be able to do that fairly easily. The anime had Luffy take on Thunder Bagua head on, they could still show Luffy growing from his past fight with Kaido by having him try to dodge it. Its a slight recontextualization, but not much of one.
They take this important key away for something with never was important in first place.
One of the worst decide with Toei make, cutting of the speedblitz attack of Kaido.
It was never really that important, because Kaido is not a fast fighter. Again, him being more of a durability beast is far more important to his fighting style than him being able to blitz people.

-Zoro flashback:
It was way better explained and executed in the anime.
-Sanji flashback:
Zeff chopping off his own leg was pretty stupid....I get it he was stuck withoud food, but chopping your own leg off would only help him to die faster, hunger or no hunger. Plus cutting his leg to save sanji while also letting sanji keep all the food made him look way more badass.
-Almost all arcs are better executed in the anime until the pacing goes to shit in thriller bark. The humor translates much better in the anime too.
-Wano, even with pacing issues and some filler here and there is doing a much better job than the manga, mainly due to the amazing eye candy animation in the fights, even the liberties the anime is taking with the fights like adding scenes is improving upon the manga.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Almost everything.
Manga is nice and all.
But the voice acting, the music, the framing.
"Binks no Sake" it's the most perfect thing in the anime.
The manga just doesn't do enough justice for it. It is far too limited.

Better? Nothing, I can read a chapter five times but I'm never even tempted to sit through a full episode. Though obviously there are things inherently good about animation like sound, color, and movement. The Gomu Gomu no Storm is a classic and some scenes like that Snake Man fight part is beautiful.

The earliest episodes were so light on filler and the filler that was there was actually supplementary, so I have fond memories of the East Blue saga.

Absolute cream of the crop garbage.

@OP

Best animation/direction in a One Piece fight.
THE KATAKURI THEME

Post automatically merged:

Imo personally when gauging fights that are canonical add context to the manga is where anime in Wano especially does things right..
it sometimes makes more sense than the manga but any thing additional that seems superficial is a null factor.

anime does alot of thing right... it even elaborates the tone of the theme in an arc or a scenario.. it adds extravagance to the crew's journey..

more appealing in a nutshell..

and one reason why i binged the whole thing clean before i started the manga.

I'm thinking of watching the whole Wano arc again to form my rigid opinion on it.. so far its has bamboozled me..