Episode Discussion Changes/Improvements You Want To See In The Anime

H

Haoshoku

With the anime confirmed to be making a comeback and with a trailer right around the corner (hopefully around March) what changes and or improvements would like you see done with this arc? Because this arc started out very strong but fell flat midway and was an absolute trainwreck towards the end. Recall that the first invasion was straight fire, can’t even say remotely the same for the rest. So what changes do you want to see and what changes do you think will actually take place?

Changes I would like to see:

More from Shinji/Vizards
Idk about you guys but that wasn’t Shinji we saw in the last arc. This guy was catching Ls so much that you could rename him Shanji and it would fit him pretty well. And it’s not like he was doing much either to begin with. This guy went from playing a pretty big role in the Arrancar Saga to being molly whopped continually throughout TYBW whether it was Bambietta or Gerard it didn’t matter. I mean Shinji didn’t go 5 panels without getting ramshackled by some Sternritter and Kubo didn’t bother to bring him back once he went to sleep lmao.

I guess that’s the consequence of having a cast as large as the TYBW arc, some are just gonna get the worst end of the stick. But I feel like Kubo could have done more with him instead of wasting several chapters on the Pepe and Giselle fights. The anime should have Shinji and the Vizards involved vs Gerard instead of going to sleep and watching Toshiro/Kenpachi hog all the action. I guess Shuhei could fall under here as well, Kubo was tryna go somewhere with him but ultimately never did.

Squad 0 Gotta Be On Screen

Perhaps one of the more disappointing if not the most disappointing things in the Final Arc. The Royal Guard never even came close to what they was hyped up to be. Kubo set a really high bar which only Ichibe can say he matched, man was the only dude who shined outta this group. Their only fight with the Schutzstaffel shouldn’t have been offscreened. Nimaiya in particular was hyped to be the creator of the zanpakto and had hella potential, but we didn’t get nearly enough.

More Aizen/Grimmjow

Everyone so hyped after 624 dropped but we didn’t know what was coming lmao. Grimmjow and Aizen basically did nothing until the very end and even then they were brought in for last minute clean up duty to contribute towards the fall of Askin and Yhwach (sort of). Aizen was in jail for first half then sat on a chair almost the entire the second half, he had some moments but man what a disappointment. Grimmjow was even worse off than Aizen, man didn’t even get a fight and got offpaneled by Askin.

They can’t have Aizen sitting on that damn chair for the entire arc in the anime and Grimmjow should have a bigger role in the Wahrwelt portion. I’d add Halibel here as well, should’ve had her do something in Hueco Mundo

Flashback for the Original Blood War

The very name of the arc is based on the war that occurred 1000 years ago yet we don’t get anything on that. That’s gotta change in the anime. This would also show us more of Unohana as well, another character that got sidelined pretty quickly into the arc. It doesn’t even have to be very long, just show us what went down with Prime Yama and Yhwach, Unohana, etc etc.

An Actual Final Battle

That was no final battle we got in the end. If what went down in the last 20 chapters ain’t fixed in the anime, I’ll consider it a failure. The final fight was an absolute trainwreck that ended up in us not seeing Ichigo’s true bankai and Yhwach being unstoppable to the point that a PIS arrow was all Kubo could muster to end things.

The anime has to show us Ichigo’s Bankai in extended action, atleast in the Final Round. Aizen’s Hado 99 gotta do more than just breaking the ground. I also don’t think SK Yhwach got his fair share, once he got really serious was when that damn plot arrow came. More Aizen, Ichigo and Yhwach, you get the point.

The Gerard fight also went to waste, the anime should have the protagonists find a way of beating him to make up for Kubo lazily having Yhwach dispose of him. Recall that 11 characters were up against Gerard and only 3 of those characters did anything noteworthy. You had 11 of these dudes, including Shinji and you couldn’t find a way to take out Gerard lmao. Hopefully the anime uses that as an opportunity to have those characters like the Vizards doing something instead of sleeping.

Longshot: Have Byakuya remain dead but we know that’s not happening

I could briefly mention a couple more;
More Soi Fon (Went MIA or got shot by Lille and never appeared again, Kubo really forgot about her lol. She would have been an ok addition to the Wahrwelt fight)

More Ryuken/Isshin (Flashback aside, Ryuken being a quincy and not having 2 pages worth of panel time in an arc that’s about Quincys speaks for itself. Isshin just made a cameo
, surely there should have been more with these dudes)

In the end we probably won’t get due justice on everything but if we get an actual final fight, a proper end, and more out of characters who deserve it then I think it’s gonna be solid all around.

@Blackbeard @LuthonTheDragDown @Jiihad @Jo_Ndule @RayanOO @PerfectHie @ZenZu @Van and the rest.

With the anime confirmed to be making a comeback and with a trailer right around the corner (hopefully around March) what changes and or improvements would like you see done with this arc? Because this arc started out very strong but fell flat midway and was an absolute trainwreck towards the end. Recall that the first invasion was straight fire, can’t even say remotely the same for the rest. So what changes do you want to see and what changes do you think will actually take place?

Changes I would like to see:

More from Shinji/Vizards
Idk about you guys but that wasn’t Shinji we saw in the last arc. This guy was catching Ls so much that you could rename him Shanji and it would fit him pretty well. And it’s not like he was doing much either to begin with. This guy went from playing a pretty big role in the Arrancar Saga to being molly whopped continually throughout TYBW whether it was Bambietta or Gerard it didn’t matter. I mean Shinji didn’t go 5 panels without getting ramshackled by some Sternritter and Kubo didn’t bother to bring him back once he went to sleep lmao.

I guess that’s the consequence of having a cast as large as the TYBW arc, some are just gonna get the worst end of the stick. But I feel like Kubo could have done more with him instead of wasting several chapters on the Pepe and Giselle fights. The anime should have Shinji and the Vizards involved vs Gerard instead of going to sleep and watching Toshiro/Kenpachi hog all the action. I guess Shuhei could fall under here as well, Kubo was tryna go somewhere with him but ultimately never did.

Squad 0 Gotta Be On Screen

Perhaps one of the more disappointing if not the most disappointing things in the Final Arc. The Royal Guard never even came close to what they was hyped up to be. Kubo set a really high bar which only Ichibe can say he matched, man was the only dude who shined outta this group. Their only fight with the Schutzstaffel shouldn’t have been offscreened. Nimaiya in particular was hyped to be the creator of the zanpakto and had hella potential, but we didn’t get nearly enough.

More Aizen/Grimmjow

Everyone so hyped after 624 dropped but we didn’t know what was coming lmao. Grimmjow and Aizen basically did nothing until the very end and even then they were brought in for last minute clean up duty to contribute towards the fall of Askin and Yhwach (sort of). Aizen was in jail for first half then sat on a chair almost the entire the second half, he had some moments but man what a disappointment. Grimmjow was even worse off than Aizen, man didn’t even get a fight and got offpaneled by Askin.

They can’t have Aizen sitting on that damn chair for the entire arc in the anime and Grimmjow should have a bigger role in the Wahrwelt portion. I’d add Halibel here as well, should’ve had her do something in Hueco Mundo

Flashback for the Original Blood War

The very name of the arc is based on the war that occurred 1000 years ago yet we don’t get anything on that. That’s gotta change in the anime. This would also show us more of Unohana as well, another character that got sidelined pretty quickly into the arc. It doesn’t even have to be very long, just show us what went down with Prime Yama and Yhwach, Unohana, etc etc.

An Actual Final Battle

That was no final battle we got in the end. If what went down in the last 20 chapters ain’t fixed in the anime, I’ll consider it a failure. The final fight was an absolute trainwreck that ended up in us not seeing Ichigo’s true bankai and Yhwach being unstoppable to the point that a PIS arrow was all Kubo could muster to end things.

The anime has to show us Ichigo’s Bankai in extended action, atleast in the Final Round. Aizen’s Hado 99 gotta do more than just breaking the ground. I also don’t think SK Yhwach got his fair share, once he got really serious was when that damn plot arrow came. More Aizen, Ichigo and Yhwach, you get the point.

The Gerard fight also went to waste, the anime should have the protagonists find a way of beating him to make up for Kubo lazily having Yhwach dispose of him. Recall that 11 characters were up against Gerard and only 3 of those characters did anything noteworthy. You had 11 of these dudes, including Shinji and you couldn’t find a way to take out Gerard lmao. Hopefully the anime uses that as an opportunity to have those characters like the Vizards doing something instead of sleeping.

Longshot: Have Byakuya remain dead but we know that’s not happening

I could briefly mention a couple more;
More Soi Fon (Went MIA or got shot by Lille and never appeared again, Kubo really forgot about her lol. She would have been an ok addition to the Wahrwelt fight)

More Ryuken/Isshin (Flashback aside, Ryuken being a quincy and not having 2 pages worth of panel time in an arc that’s about Quincys speaks for itself. Isshin just made a cameo
, surely there should have been more with these dudes)

In the end we probably won’t get due justice on everything but if we get an actual final fight, a proper end, and more out of characters who deserve it then I think it’s gonna be solid all around.

@Blackbeard @LuthonTheDragDown @Jiihad @Jo_Ndule @RayanOO @PerfectHie @ZenZu @Van and the rest.
Damn bro, this is basically asking the anime to fix nearly every damn mistake that Kubo made in that arc. :rolaugh:

H

Haoshoku

Damn bro, this is basically asking the anime to fix nearly every damn mistake that Kubo made in that arc. :rolaugh:
Well shiz what can I say? I mainly mentioned most of that off the dome too lol. I’m sure there are other issues people have with the arc that go deeper beyond a character getting more panel time and what not.

They gotta patch up these weak spots to make it great imo. Or else the flashy animation might as well be for nothing much.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm gonna keep it realistic and assume they only have the time and budget for 3 major changes.

Fleshing out the Sternritter

Some of the Sterns do get a good bit of exposure and their interpersonal groups last well into the novels. But, I'd rather see more about Silbern and some of the reasons why the Sternritter fight. There's the mass of Yhwach that serves as the sword of Damocles for them, but Bambietta hints at being concerned over the Quincy nation as a whole. Besides, the more we know about the Sternritter the more we'll care about their fights. Doesn't have to be much. A few cheap flashbacks to the Pre-Invasion and maybe a filler episode or two.

Better Usage of the Espada

Nelliel and Grimmjow don't do much. Which is a shame. I'd make Grimmjow fight Askin a bit more before Askin one shots him and probably give both of them some quincy opponents to fight down in Hueco Mundo.

Elongate the Ending Fight

Sorta simple too. Just make it 3 episodes long, with 1 episode given directly to Aizen and Yhwach fighting. Add in Renji and Ichigo in episode 2 and have the final episode where Uryu jumps in at.

So at most I'd want maybe 9 or 10 episodes added throughout the final arc. Not unrealistic IMO.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
Ahh shit lmao. What I want them to fix....

• Expand on Squad Zero, barring “Tha Monk” them mfs was so underwhelming smh. They need to be expanded on
  • Shinji....this is arguably one of tha worse a mangaka has/can treat one of his characters who is legitimately powerful
  • Juushiro, he was hyped to be Kyoraku “equal” and shit. But we saw nothing of this motherfucker to justify it. They ain’t gotta Oden us, but give us something
  • Give Grimmjow some more panel time before Askin fucks him. Wtf happen to Hallibel!?
  • Show us what tha War 1000 years was like, who was tha previous Gotei 13
  • Bankai, show us people’s fucking bankai

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
There’s nothing to change there. She didn’t even have full mastery over her True Shikai, so it wouldn’t make any sense to have her bankai be any different than how it appeared in the manga. Now if they animate and expand upon the novels, then we could be talking.
Yeah that's what I meant. I wasn't talking about appearance there.