Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in the spoiler thread, this is definitely a big win for Yamato supporters. One of my personal sticking points was seeing how finding out Momo was alive and spending time with him would affect Yamato's motivation, but this chapter proved that Luffy is still his top priority. Any issues I may still have don't really hold up against such a black and white declaration like that, so I won't make a nuisance of myself about it for at least the next two weeks.

The only thing I'll say is that while Carrot's story and the fulfillment of Pedro's will is still open, I feel I have a duty to see that through to the end of this arc. Because of that, I still can't join you on the Yamato train, but I won't be complaining once he's official, and I do sincerely tip my hat to you all who've backed his corner.

Lol back read this thread up to the last page before the chap release, and lol someone is really trying hard to deny the fact, that Yamato is on her way of becoming a strawhat
Post automatically merged:

And that nami now uses a club similar to Yamato so Yamato cant anymore join is the shittiest argument Ive ever read

Last edited:
Nami was originally planned to be a melee fighter and the very first time we see her fight in the series in orange town it's as such.

Her baton is already a type of club to begin with. Just because it's such a unique weapon that it can also do far more than just hit and swing unlike Yamao's, doesn't invalidate what it actually is.

Oda's now given Nami a power up that lets her change her baton into heavier melee weapons and also that makes it easier to swing. It's so odd to think that Oda gave Nami this power up, only for her to never actually use it. Obviously her main fighting style will always be her weather manipulation. That will never change. But we can also consider a more physical role from Nami too considering the nature of the boost to quite literally change her tact into other close range weapons.

And again, why is THIS the power up Oda is giving Nami when Yamao is supposedly just around the corner. She has a club, and hits far stronger and faster than Nami, yet Nami's weapon is so much more personalised and special that it completely shows up Yamao's own weapon. Why would Oda take that tiny sliver of originality away from Yamao just before she joins? He should be making her more distinct, not less.

My argument isn't simply, "Ah Nami can now use a club, therefore no club user can ever join the crew". Brook uses a sword and we already have Zoro... The point is to highlight how unique straw hat weapons are, and that Yamao's just can't begin to compare. Whilst Brook may also use a sword, he has a completely different type of swordsmanship to Zoro. His sword is concealed within a cane. He uses fast fencing jabs and also uses his sword to play music to put people to sleep. Yamao has absolutely nothing like that. All her club can do is swing and hit. Which Nami's can also do. That's the difference.
In my opinion none of that really matters.

Does Nami have Yamato's durability? Does Nami have a Zoan devil fruit? Is Nami physically strong enough to clash with kaido?

Yamato's uniqueness will come from her fighting style and devil fruit, not her weapon, which is a melee weapon - which rarely differentiates in fighting styles anyway.

And if you're arguing about different styles of the differences between Brook and Zoro as swordsmen's- Yamato will also be the first character in the crew who can produce 'flying smashes' with her club just like Kaido. No body else in the straw hat crew uses this attack. Can Nami do that?

And like I already said, a potential straw hat's characters' unique attacks are less important than compared to opponents who they can fight.

Nami can get all the upgrades she wants - the fact that she is a glass cannon and has to resort to one-shot wins will never change. These kind of fights are always dragged out, less interesting and heavily plot influenced. If you think that Nami's fighting style is the superior idea compared to Yamato's melee style then why doesn't Oda have the Monster Trio (who have the most fights), change into Nami fighting styles (long range, glass cannon) too?? Why are the Monster Trio all physical damage and melee based?

Going by your logic, Robin should have the most fights out of all the straw hats since she is the only one who can break people's necks with one move-potentially one shotting any character. Robin's attacks are the most unique and different compared to all the straw hats. Yet how many 1v1 fights has Robin gotten in the series?

Come on guys, let the man bash Yamato, as he can't wank Carrot she hasn't been on screen for a while. Don't worry she's set to appear next chapter maybe but there's no guarantee. Last time was 11 chapters for her to show up again, 995, 1006, 1017, so heads up you never know.. :kayneshrug:
And what if I say no? :funky:

I can also bash Carrot but i don't. :kayneshrug:

she hasn't been around so there is nothing to bash about-saves me the effort. :myman:

Like I said in the spoiler thread, this is definitely a big win for Yamato supporters. One of my personal sticking points was seeing how finding out Momo was alive and spending time with him would affect Yamato's motivation, but this chapter proved that Luffy is still his top priority. Any issues I may still have don't really hold up against such a black and white declaration like that, so I won't make a nuisance of myself about it for at least the next two weeks.

The only thing I'll say is that while Carrot's story and the fulfillment of Pedro's will is still open, I feel I have a duty to see that through to the end of this arc. Because of that, I still can't join you on the Yamato train, but I won't be complaining once he's official, and I do sincerely tip my hat to you all who've backed his corner.
My man, you've finally embraced the dark side.:myman:

But what i don't understand is why Carrot fans are so hellbent on Yamato not joining, irrespective of whether or not Yamato joins the crew? Its not like Carrot's position was ever threatened. Carrot fans were also hellbent on Jinbe dying in WCI too so he doesn't join to protect Carrot's position.

Is this really the hill that Carrot fans want to die on?

I've already said before many times- personally, I'm not against Carrot joining (i find her to be bland and uninteresting, but that's just my opinion). I just care about Yamato and Jinbe joining.

Oda is the ultimate decider of who's joining anyway. And when it comes to foreshadowing who's joining its always quite crystal clear. Does Yamato's backstory with Ace, her declaration to join Luffy's crew, helping Luffy, her wish to travel the world, her belief and trust in Luffy himself and even to go as far as to face Kaido herself, and a important Wano main character not mean ANYTHING as a potential Straw Hat, especially compared to Carrot's motivations??

It's not hard to understand why Oda intentionally focuses so much on Yamato in the first place, despite being introduced so late into the Wano Arc and even going as far to have her have a personal connection with Ace, someone who all straw hats know was a important person to Luffy and understand his pain. This is something that Carrot actually lacks, despite being dubbed as a potential straw hat for more than 2 arcs now.

Last edited:
That's fine. I already knew what the answer was when I asked the question. I just hoped that maybe you'd actually realise something during the process of searching for non existent differences. But oh well.

No shit, lmao. It's not rocket science. This is a discussion thread. We're here specifically to do things like "civilly counter argue" with one another.

Funny how I didn't once need to mention Carrot as a comparison in order for Yamao's unoriginality to be put on full display. But you've helped me in demonstrating that all the same, so thank you.
Imagine declaring a character with an unrevealed devil fruit "unoriginal" without even seeing what it does yet:milaugh:

That's fine. I already knew what the answer was when I asked the question. I just hoped that maybe you'd actually realise something during the process of searching for non existent differences. But oh well.

No shit, lmao. It's not rocket science. This is a discussion thread. We're here specifically to do things like "civilly counter argue" with one another.

Funny how I didn't once need to mention Carrot as a comparison in order for Yamao's unoriginality to be put on full display. But you've helped me in demonstrating that all the same, so thank you.
carrot 4 Nakama is dead man :specialmeh:

H

humanbeing

Just like Nami and Robins is the first who ask to join.
Nami was the first to ask Luffy to join Hands with Luffy before she knew he is a pirate.
Robin just hide in the ship and then asked Luffy to join.
Yamato told Luffy that she will go out with him to sea. Luffy trusts her. she is willing to join Luffy will never refuse her request to join him.
Luffy ask his male Nakam to join him, female Nakams asks Luffy to join.
and so Tama will join as well like that. Luffy will ask Momo to join as well or better his retainers will ask Luffy to take Momo with him after he gets bounty on his head the same like Franky.
Carrot too was the one who stow away on the sunny if she joins she will do it again.

Just like Nami and Robins is the first who ask to join.
Nami was the first to ask Luffy to join Hands with Luffy before she knew he is a pirate.
Robin just hide in the ship and then asked Luffy to join.
Yamato told Luffy that she will go out with him to sea. Luffy trusts her. she is willing to join Luffy will never refuse her request to join him.
Luffy ask his male Nakam to join him, female Nakams asks Luffy to join.
and so Tama will join as well like that. Luffy will ask Momo to join as well or better his retainers will ask Luffy to take Momo with him after he gets bounty on his head the same like Franky.
Carrot too was the one who stow away on the sunny if she joins she will do it again.
Yeah, interesting in that with the female characters, it’s usually the female character that initially asks go along with Luffy rather than the other way around, so maybe Yamato could fall into that category as well.

Not liking =/= not joining :kayneshrug:
No ,it is not about not liking the character . It is about how forced it feels to have Yamato join..
The only reason she wants to join is because she thinks and knows Luffy is joyboy. She is a "gold-digger" . Among other things she still doesn't have ,but I am willing to give time since we most likely we will get a flashback soon.

No ,it is not about not liking the character . It is about how forced it feels to have Yamato join..
The only reason she wants to join is because she thinks and knows Luffy is joyboy. She is a "gold-digger" . Among other things she still doesn't have ,but I am willing to give time since we most likely we will get a flashback soon.
Yeah that is what I am talking about.....it being forced =/= not joining :myman:

appears this voice actress is joining one piece and people believe she will be yamato:
3 girls are introduced in onigashima she can be ulti or black maria too. but the voice of the first character in the video sounds perfect for yamato.

franky and brook joined because they believe Luffy will be the Pirate King and conquer the grand line. jinbe dream requires luffy to have power to change the world. all new members are joining because they believe luffy will win the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.