General & Others Did Oda ruined Jinbe in Onigashima?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
This question always come in my mind about Jinbe match up in Onigashima.

Now why i asking this, because Luffy and Zoro already had their spotlight against Kaido (General), and Sanji started to fight against Queen (Commander).
Which is many people assume we will see Luffy vs Kaido round 3 and potentially Zoro vs King (Commander) soon.

If Luffy fighting Kaido (Captain), Zoro fighting King (YC1), Sanji fighting Queen (YC2), why Oda didn't give Jinbe spotlight to fight against Jack(YC3)?
Because thats how the pattern should work.

Many aspects would put why Jinbe vs Jack will be more interesting than Inuarashi vs Jack because of the Zou Incident.
  • Oda might explained why Jack doesn't live in Fishman Island and able to be Kaido's Calamity.
  • Fishman Race history. Why Jack hiding his teeth this whole time, does other people know if Jack is a Fishman too?
Maybe thats my point of this thread.
Actually i want to put my arguments about why Oda ruined Brook Spotlight in Onigashima too, but it will be a long thread.

Thank you.
@playa4321 @Bogard @TheKnightOfTheSea @Reddot4 @Zoro D Goat @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @MarineHQ62 etc.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Hahaha, what?? Big Bang, I know you read the last few chapters since you’re one of the main spoiler providers, so you saw Jinbe wreck Who’s Who just like the rest of us. Even if it’s not Jack, it’s still a very high-ranking executive in a Yonko’s crew…add it to all the shit we’ve seen him do in this series, and I don’t think this or anything else has tarnished Jinbe’s character, he’s still one of the coolest motherfuckers in One Piece.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
If Luffy fighting Kaido (Captain), Zoro fighting King (YC1), Sanji fighting Queen (YC2), why Oda didn't give Jinbe spotlight to fight against Jack(YC3)?
The very nature of this question assumes that the best possible story is one where Oda identifies individual power levels and creates a controlled series of 1v1 fights based on those power levels. And I'm sorry, that shit is tired and generic. People want more dynamic stories in manga than just "character A is at level 100! Which level 100 characters should he 1v1 this arc?" This is one of the main reasons that Black Clover's Spade Kingdom Arc went down the toilet for me, because the climax of the arc is just a bunch of random power-level based 1v1s, as if this is Dragonball or some shit. Like this whole interesting conflict is set up between the Clover and the Spade, and...Nope, it's just a bunch of 1v1s where characters obtain ass-pull powerups to win. Characters fighting each other for no reason other than they have like 1 trait in common and their power levels are similar.

Jinbe has little business facing Jack before the Dukes do from a story perspective. The Dukes have far more personal beef with Jack as far as we know than Jinbe does. Literally the only thing that Jack and Jinbe have in common is that they are both Fishmen. By that logic, Franky and Queen should 1v1 because they are both cyborgs. Nami and Big Mom should 1v1 because they are both women. Usopp and Shanks should 1v1 because they are both humans. Jinbe vs Jack has little/no reason to happen when compared to Jack and the Dukes.

As for Jinbe, Jinbe has been a complete f*cking boss for 100% of this manga, and he's never once been boring in any arc that he's participated in. If Oda wants Jinbe and Jack to fight, then actually having Jinbe take some injuries against Who's Who is already pretty smart since Jack has already taken some wounds himself against the Sulong Minks.

TL;DR, not everyone wants to read 1v1 power level mangas all the time, and the idea that the best way to tell a great story is to create an arc with a bunch of characters fighting each other in 1v1 combat is dumb to me.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Hahaha, what?? Big Bang, I know you read the last few chapters since you’re one of the main spoiler providers, so you saw Jinbe wreck Who’s Who just like the rest of us. Even if it’s not Jack, it’s still a very high-ranking executive in a Yonko’s crew…add it to all the shit we’ve seen him do in this series, and I don’t think this or anything else has tarnished Jinbe’s character, he’s still one of the coolest motherfuckers in One Piece.
i mean he could have a better spotlight if Oda have Jinbe fighting against Jack.

it will put more highlight to their strength + their history as a fishman.

This question always come in my mind about Jinbe match up in Onigashima.

Now why i asking this, because Luffy and Zoro already had their spotlight against Kaido (General), and Sanji started to fight against Queen (Commander).
Which is many people assume we will see Luffy vs Kaido round 3 and potentially Zoro vs King (Commander) soon.

Many aspects would put why Jinbe vs Jack will be more interesting than Inuarashi vs Jack because of the Zou Incident.
  • Oda might explained why Jack doesn't live in Fishman Island and able to be Kaido's Calamity.
  • Fishman Race history. Why Jack hiding his teeth this whole time, does other people know if Jack is a Fishman too?
Maybe thats my point of this thread.
Actually i want to put my arguments about why Oda ruined Brook Spotlight in Onigashima too, but it will be a long thread.

Thank you.
@playa4321 @Bogard @TheKnightOfTheSea @Reddot4 @Zoro D Goat @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @MarineHQ62 etc.
was you bored fishman island issue. On reverie and fishman island , that topic was shown sufficiently.
in the arc , lots of character exist . and if we gonna back again that issue , we have some serious issue about pacing.

And , brook has been mvp of wci arc. he took some badass moment more than anyone except Luffy.
Like , you can think usopp. because usopp arc will be elbaf.
no need to shine usopp here previous one or something.

Since impel down , jimbei took all spotlight . we saw him impel down , marineford, fishman island , wci . and i guess jimbei appeared more than any crew member throughout the this line. Yes , that is enough. he is close 50 years old. he serviced many captain . his potential is that. anymore , open the young generation .
the only reason jimbei joined the SH is fishman issue. Luffy has all if kind creature in his army. after that point , personally , i want to watch more core member . we are close to eos.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
And , brook has been mvp of wci arc. he took some badass moment more than anyone except Luffy.
Brook was cool in WCI, he hasn't done shit in Wano.

It would be nice if Oda didn't neglect his main characters.

the only reason jimbei joined the SH is fishman issue.
Jinbe joined because Luffy wanted him to join.

i want to watch more core member
Yamato will probably be the final member of the crew.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
was you bored fishman island issue. On reverie and fishman island , that topic was shown sufficiently.
in the arc , lots of character exist . and if we gonna back again that issue , we have some serious issue about pacing.
No, Fishman Island is one of the main reason on why Red Line will be destroyed in the end of the story.
and having Jinbe vs Jack will put more emphasize about the two strongest fishman fighting against each other which is might open up the flashback about Young Jack as a Fishman and why he choose to hide his teeth which is again related to Fishman Discrimination.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Every Strawhats will have 1v1 fights. If not then Oda should fuck himself.

Luffy vs Kaido round 3
Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen
Nerfed Jinbei vs Nerfed Jack after killing Inu
Brook vs Nerfed Who's Who
Robin vs Black Maria
Franky vs Sasaki
Nami vs Ulti
Usopp vs Page One
Chopper vs Numbers (with Usopp's help)
Brook, Usopp and Chopper aren't doing shit.

Who's Who is a perfect opponent to showcase Jinbe's abilities outside the sea. He's zipping around throwing projectiles, lunging at Jinbe and generally being a very mobile opponent so it gives Jinbe a way to showcase his karate and judo moves as well as his defense.

I don't know if Inu will actually defeat Jack, but i personally believe he won't, so Oda would be probably saving Jack's defeat for something else if that's the case.

Not sure how you ruin a character by having them completely destroy an ex CP-9 member who was likened to be a genius like Rob Lucci. :choppawhat:

The thing with Jinbei's character at the moment, is that he is extremely strong. Like already 1 v 1 worthy of fighting a Commander like Jack, strong. Oda doesn't need to build Jinbei up to that, so he created a different plotline to involve Jinbei's character in. He doesn't need to go through any kind of extreme circumstance to become stronger in preparation for the future. He's already there.

Last edited:
There will be 1v1s and 2v1s for all matches until the 9v1 Straw hats vs Kaido.

I feel Jinbe had his first because he’s going to be involved with CP0 or big mom somehow.

Luffy vs Kaido
Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen
Usopp and Nami vs Jack
Jinbe vs Who’s Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Brook and Robin vs Black Maria

I’m sure chopper will have a fight and his opponent will come from somewhere, possibly Numbers.

I don’t think Oda ruined Jinbes character because I’ve never thought of Jinbe as Luffys third commander. To me it’s always been and always will be Usopp.