Questions & Mysteries Masterpiece story at your favourite character's expense vs your favourite character going up the powerscale at the story's expense

Which would you choose ?

• Masterpiece story at my favourite character's expense

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • My favourite character going up the powerscale at the story's expense

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
Option 2 I don't care if my character weak as fuck i dont watching anime for fights
It is a shonen, all trama is about fights and war and strength and how is more powerfull. Oda lately is putting Luffy to train all the time trying to justify his power ups.
You are literally watching a fighting anime and saying you don't care about fights.
Also you contradicted yourself since you chose option 2 you don't give a shit about story you only care about Luffy being the strongest no matter what.

It is a shonen, all trama is about fights and war and strength and how is more powerfull. Oda lately is putting Luffy to train all the time trying to justify his power ups.
You are literally watching a fighting anime and saying you don't care about fights.
Also you contradicted yourself since you chose option 2 you don't give a shit about story you only care about Luffy being the strongest no matter what.
I can watch a anime with fights and not be interested:kaidowhat: i watch it for characters interactions the fights is just whatever also fuck luffy lmao

I wotnessed some progresses with Wano when it comes to SHs characterization and development. I hope the trend won't be simmered down. I still have my issues with this arc which mostly concern overabused subdynamics and overportrayed plot induced stupidity.

I can watch a anime with fights and not be interested:kaidowhat: i watch it for characters interactions the fights is just whatever also fuck luffy lmao
Okay so you admitted that One Piece is a fighting anime, great. So fights are important in One Piece.

You can watch without care about fight but that doesn't mean fights doesn't matter for plot. And again "fuck Luffy" but you voted for him to be strongest character even if that means the plot wouldn't make sense.

Meanwhile, Luffieh learns advCoC after tanking attack from Kaido with his balls.
Not even remotely close.

When Luffy starts dropping his opponents with Nakama punches, then this comparison is viable. After all, if Mashima wrote OP, Kaido would no longer be standing after the first Red Roc (Nakama empowered punch).
Post automatically merged:

The good side is the Fairy Tail verse never featured a character as flamboyant as the Grandmaster.
Mashima rarely wrote interesting characters, imo. Off the top of my head, I could probably name only Shuda and Sieghart from Rave Master as his more interesting characters.