Questions & Mysteries Is The progression of the crew in Wano too Fast?

Luffy has the most consistent explanation to his growth out of all the straw hats given he's the mc. Most of his power ups are explained via his training in udon and the situations he's in allows him to reach that potency far quicker. Given we are at near the end of the series its an inevitability for Luffy to reach this stage, but Oda is finding ways for it to not be completely one sided as Luffy didnt last long anyway and jobbed to the degree of flying all the way out of the island. Zoro is in a similar light

Sanji can definitely be seen as powercreep, but in defense to the occasion when he did fight he almost never used diable jambe with the exception of Doflamingo where that can be a shining example of powercreep.

The others are easy to explain because they barely had fights post ts

Learning a skill you have no knowledge of is much harder than improving a skill youre aware of.

rayleigh commented on everyone’s observation haki is different and triggered by different things so it’s hard to give first hand experience on how to start down this path. I’m sure armament haki is difficult As well. However, once you understand the basics and train them well, seeing how people use it and copying that is much easier and can only be done in real combat. Luffy isn’t creating anything new during the new world, he’s imitating what he sees which is common of him (shave from CP9, getting a big body like ruskaina monsters)

In essence it’s monkey see monkey do on crack. Over the timeskip he didn’t see many things he could copy

Oda doesn't like to draw fights , OP is not action manga , all this crap excuses are now old.
Just accept it , Oda may be is a good story teller but far below when if comes to architect , write power development of characters
Right. And not even story teller. He hypes up SNs, and then trashes them. Hypes up Samurais, then throw them in dust bin. Hypes of numbers then proceed to sideline them. Brings BiGMom pirate to Wano then decides to make them go incognito.

Adjusts O-Tama's age to hide writing flaws.
Decides to build brotherhood between WB and Oden, and then come up with a excuse that WB didnt know anything about Wano.
Brought Toki for plot, and removed her when there was no use left.

Marineford war, WB perishes, not a single admiral take critical damage or permanent wound.

I can go on but I should better stop.

The Only issue is Luffy unlocking new Haki forms too easily when even Most New World Veterans only have basic Haki

He unlocked Internal Destruction when even a Haki expert in the land of CoA experts who was praised by Kaido himself only had Ryou.

He unlocked Advanced CoC when three New World Veterans with CoC didn't have it (Doffy Chinjao and Katakuri)

He Unlocked future sight when Even Rayleigh didn't have it with Katakuri saying that Luffy is catching up on him when he's a 50 years old man who had 30 years of experience with Future Sight.

Luffy's Haki Growth is making everyone look like shit.

Learning a skill you have no knowledge of is much harder than improving a skill youre aware of.

rayleigh commented on everyone’s observation haki is different and triggered by different things so it’s hard to give first hand experience on how to start down this path. I’m sure armament haki is difficult As well. However, once you understand the basics and train them well, seeing how people use it and copying that is much easier and can only be done in real combat. Luffy isn’t creating anything new during the new world, he’s imitating what he sees which is common of him (shave from CP9, getting a big body like ruskaina monsters)

In essence it’s monkey see monkey do on crack. Over the timeskip he didn’t see many things he could copy
That monkey see monkey do quote fits perfectly when we know that Luffy's first name is Monkey :pepelit:

Yes, you are right, but 2 years is a mighty long time, considering how long SHs have been in the New World. Maybe Hancock kept Luffy busy with other things :pepedoffy:
Post automatically merged:

The Only issue is Luffy unlocking new Haki forms too easily when even Most New World Veterans only have basic Haki

He unlocked Internal Destruction when even a Haki expert in the land of CoA experts who was praised by Kaido himself only had Ryou.

He unlocked Advanced CoC when three New World Veterans with CoC didn't have it (Doffy Chinjao and Katakuri)

He Unlocked future sight when Even Rayleigh didn't have it with Katakuri saying that Luffy is catching up on him when he's a 50 years old man who had 30 years of experience with Future Sight.

Luffy's Haki Growth is making everyone look like shit.
It is basically Oda saying:
I have used this formula for too long. Need to spice things up.
Luffy you take this, that and another one of that power up too.
Zoro come here, put Shusui there and take Enma.
Sanji my boy you will hurt your legs if you kept fighting like that, here take this magical suite.
Nami, oh I love you so mu... never mind. Here take Zeus it will increase your AP significantly.

Oda: It all feels natural and I dedicated chapters after chapters to built up on these power ups, did not I? I didnt spent 100s of chapters on Samurais, did I? I didnt hype them up and then used 8 year old to win the war, did I?

You answer:

Last edited:
That monkey see monkey do quote fits perfectly when we know that Luffy's first name is Monkey :pepelit:

Yes, you are right, but 2 years is a mighty long time, considering how long SHs have been in the New World. Maybe Hancock kept Luffy busy with other things :pepedoffy:
Post automatically merged:

It is basically Oda saying:
I have used this formula for too long. Need to spice things up.
Luffy you take this, that and another one of that power up too.
Zoro come here, put Shusui there and take Enma.
Sanji my boy you will hurt your legs if you kept fighting like that, here take this magical suite.
Nami, oh I love you so mu... never mind. Here take Zeus it will increase your AP significantly.

Oda: It all feels natural and I dedicated chapters after chapters to built up on these power ups, did not I? I didnt spent 100s of chapters on Samurais, did I? I didnt hype them up and then used 8 year old to win the war, did I?

You answer:
The hype up of the samurai was probably suppose to be directed at the scabbards and an explanation as to why a force can combat a yonko crew without going as far as to nerf them. But Oda pretty much downplayed the opposition of enemy samurais as they have for all intents and purposes disappeared once the raid started (excluding the captains) for the sake of consistency to know which ones the good or bad samurai.

The Strawhats seem to growing at an exponential rate in this one arc. Even more so than they did all of pre timeskip combined

Luffy:

He literally Struggled like hell against Big Moms Commanders Needed help in both fights, and most likely would have lost without the conveiniences.

Now an arc later He's gained the future sight ability+Ryuo technique and Has conquerors haki coating on top of that. Damaging Kaio in Base as well as exchanging blows.

But Honestly Luffy isn't that bad considering we've seen him display his abiltiies in 1v1 fights against strong characters. Although it was incredibly fast he learned and trained to gain the abilities he has.

2. Zoro:

He has defeated multiple low tier opponents Never had a fight against a Commander tier opponent.

But now he has Odens Sword On top of and potentially scared Kaido using conquerors haki coating. And is likely about to Fight King a 1st Commander.

Sanji:

Previously Somewhat Struggled against characters in a similar tier to what we now call Tobi Roppo. He wasnt below them but It didnt seem he could defeat them easily in a straightup 1v1 fight. And losing pretty easily to a charcater on a relative tier to Kaidos Commanders. Sanji never even got to have an actual 1v1 fight to display his abilities, He essentially went from a bunch of inconclusive clashes with mid/ high tier characters.

To currently Fighting a Yonko Commander 1v1 without the use of his powerup.
While it is very cool, its crazy when you think about Luffy in WCI.

Nami:

Was previously too incompetent to handle raging army characters.

But now has the power to stand up against and defeat Tobi Roppo members much stronger than the raging army characters,
Big Mom had to intervene but still.....Even after big moms interference Oda still made nami stronger by giving her an upgraded Zeus.

Robin:

Hasnt had a fight in 18 years
Very little action post timeskip
Her and Usopp kind of got out manevured by trebol and sugar.

Usopp still got his moment but again it leaves a bit to be desired from a combat standpoint, same for Robin.

Brook has never really had a real fight period, He and Chopper lost to Perospero

Now Robin and Brook who needed to be saved from competent people before are fighting against Black Maria a Tobi Roppo, and will likely end up winning somehow..

Usopps Role currently remains unknown........

Franky:

Went from tag teaming Baby 5 and Buffalo with Nami and Usopp and fighting Senior Pink, very low ranking members of doffys crew,

To Seemingly defeating Sasaki a Tobi Roppo in a Yonko Crew 1v1 in somewhat Mid Difficulty for the most part.

Now we could just say maybe Oda Has been saving the crews real strength/ abiltiies since the Timeskip, but even if that was the case, how do we fell about that?

And mind you luffys crew is fighting characters who should be on a similar tier to ones luffy has fought not too long ago unlike pre timeskip.

But yea.....Is The Growth of the crew too fast/rushed in Wano? or does the growth feel natural?

It would feel rushed if you ignore the several contexts demonstrated throughout the timeskip.

Luffy: Katakuri placed Luffy above Cracker even before Luffy got FS. In addition, using FS infrequently made Kuri put Luffy on his level.
Luffy then went on to train and develop two new haki forms. He also learned to use COC coating through experiencing defeat from Kaido.
These are completely reasonable gains.

Zoro:
He has defeated multiple low tier opponents Never had a fight against a Commander tier opponent.
This is where your mistake starts. Pica has feats putting him above even the F6.

Not only that, Zoro clashed with an admiral twice..even managed to overpower the admiral with only one sword and take minimal damage from the admiral's attack. These are feats beyond anything a YC3 level character has shown.

Zoro also showed mountain busting attacks. Zoro's performance on the roof only goes to show that he was around that level already at the beginning of the timeskip.

Sanji: He came short against Vergo and Doffy. However, recent feats from the F6 and Queen only goes to show that Vergo was just stronger than the F6 and Doffy was superior to Queen.

In fact, nothing Sanji has currently shown would lead one to believe that he wasn't capable of such feats before. In fact, he has shown far superior attacks than what he has used against Queen.
Sanji's power up is the RS and even with that, Oda still kept it realistic when he fought P1 and when King knocked him out.

Nami: She got a power up through Big Mom's Homie. Oda made it quite clear than she was far below Ulti without Zeus.

Usopp: Hasn't even used his strongest attack IIRC. Nothing shows he's gotten some new powers.

Robin and Brook: Same as Ussop

Chopper and Franky: both got power ups. Ceasar gave Chopper additional time with Monster Point which is completely logical. For Franky, it is stated that he improved his Tech.

Idk man.
Seems to me that is another case of "plot >>>>>>> powerscaling". Which should be common knowledge by now that this is Oda's M.O.
To be fair, in previous arcs the gap between the characters has never been this big, not even Ennies Lobby gap comes anywhere close to the gap in Wano. The gap has now become very close to Fairy Tale type powerscaling.

I’d say it lines up with what we have seen so far.

Luffy has always had an insane growth rate as well has all straw hats however, Luffy never really struggled to hard against Cracker I don’t think he would’ve lost without nami he just would’ve found a different way to win.

Zoro has been fighting and been very impressive in the new world then with the insane power boost of Enma to increase his attack power he should be able to fight most commanders

Sanji has also been fighting post timeskip the downside is he’s been doing so at a disadvantage. If he wasn’t injured against Vergo he would’ve given him the Yonji effect same with if judge didn’t hide behind bystanders. Plus with his raid suit he’s a serious thing to be reckoned with.

Frankys always as strong as his tech and prep time. There’s a reason that pacifistas and science was able to replace warlords in the World government.

Robin just isn’t a fighter she doesn’t seem to enjoy it as much so she fights less. This will just be the first time we see her genuinely pissed off against a strong enemy since skypeia

Brook comes and goes his abilities and strength seem to be dependent on who he fights.

You can’t count Usopp and Nami out those two are clutch as hell and will come out on top when the going gets tough.
Best way to explain it for each character :cheers:

It's all based on plot, but if we'd theorize a bit:

-Luffy I'd say got too many power ups in Wano alone.

-Zoro makes sense. Pica could be assumed to be around what he'd simplify as veterans and wasn't much of a problem, plus in Wano he received Enma and trainde with it, in addition to conqueror's. He's a fighter whose main strengths are his endurance (most enduring according to Nami) and attack power (recalling Brook's statement on his swordsmanship), so it shouldn't be too unexpected what he achieved nor necessarily puts him above a high tier overall, which is a natural step some publishing years after Pica (especially if he gets King as his main versus).

-Sanji should have had a versus against one of Big Mom's veterans to establish himself as a veteran level fighter.

-Franky has been fighting Sasaki with his Shogun. Let's remember he took Señor Pink down without using his weapons for most of the fight, and Pink should be among the strongest officers apart from Pica, Vergo, Trébol and Diamante. If the latter were closer to what we would call veterans, it makes total sense for a Franky who is using his weapons plus fighting inside the Shogun plus the natural growth between arcs to take a veteran down.

-Robin makes no sense, indeed, but she has Brook's help.

-Nami and Usopp couldn't defeat by themselves Ulti and Page One (yet they should have, but Oda chose the easy but boring way).

Chopper, noone cares about him.

It looks consistent enough.

I wish the SHs developed their basic hakis this arc however. This doesn't seem to constitute the route Oda is following complexively.

-Zoro makes sense. Pica could be assumed to be around what he'd simplify as veterans and wasn't much of a problem, plus in Wano he received Enma and trainde with it, in addition to conqueror's. He's a fighter whose main strengths are his endurance (most enduring according to Nami) and attack power (recalling Brook's statement on his swordsmanship), so it shouldn't be too unexpected what he achieved nor necessarily puts him above a high tier overall, which is a natural step some publishing years after Pica (especially if he gets King as his main versus).

-Sanji should have had a versus against one of Big Mom's veterans to establish himself as a veteran level fighter.

-Franky has been fighting Sasaki with his Shogun. Let's remember he took Señor Pink down without using his weapons for most of the fight, and Pink should be among the strongest officers apart from Pica, Vergo, Trébol and Diamante. If the latter were closer to what we would call veterans, it makes total sense for a Franky who is using his weapons plus fighting inside the Shogun plus the natural growth between arcs to take a veteran down.

-Nami and Usopp couldn't defeat by themselves Ulti and Page One (yet they should have, but Oda chose the easy but boring way).

I mean Sanji beat Yonji whos a solid veteran level fighter based on his portrayal with the rest of Germa. The problem is it was off screened.

Sanji had enough scenes to gauge his general ballpark, and also underline his weak points for which he now got improvement. Sanjis speed was very good, his AP was ok to good, his durability sucked. Now with the suit, his AP is even better (have to wat for HM though), so is his speed, and his durability is great vs anyone not using advCoA or has hax powers like Law.

Franky yes, Robin did not struggle at all post-ts, she had enough speed or what you want to call it to go in-between Jinbe and Luffy and disappear again, already pre-ts she had enough strength to strangle Oars' arm, now she has at least 20x times the strength post-ts to subdue a mid tier like Hakuba without any problems whatsoever, it makes perfect sense. And Brook has not done anything vs Black Maria yet.

Speaking of Brook, blitzing Big Mom already puts him in this category.

A majority of them dont need it.
I think they would become more powerful obviously, but they are not mandatory as long as they can keep up without. However I'm under the impression that Oda sensei will presumably deem it as necessary by EoS. It's my pure speculation still, I don't wield enough robust evidence to support it.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I don't think so. Most of the crew haven't gone all out, and they had a week of preparation for this war. They are also fighting with more conviction than any previous Post Timeskip arc.

Zoro:

But now he has Odens Sword On top of and potentially scared Kaido using conquerors haki coating. And is likely about to Fight King a 1st Commander.
And did not go all out with any of them with not much struggle with most of them so how do we know how strong zoro after his enma training so to be able to say what he did against the yonko and is able to fight king is unbelievable.
Her and Usopp kind of got out manevured by trebol and sugar.
Robin wasn't out maneuvered by sugar she was turned into a toy by a df power just by touching her.
Went from tag teaming Baby 5 and Buffalo with Nami and Usopp
:lusalty: You mean he was kicking their asses and then they ran away and then nami and ussop attack them to bringing them back to the ground.
fighting Senior Pink, very low ranking members of doffys crew,
Do people not remember how this fight was, its two mean seeing who can endure each other attacks the longest ,franky wasn't trying to defend,use other weapons or to dodge this Is a bad example of franky fighting ability when he isn't going all out, also his not using general franky.
People need look at the details and the context more because this whole thing ignoring the context and details of the story.

And did not go all out with any of them with not much struggle with most of them so how do we know how strong zoro after his enma training so to be able to say what he did against the yonko and is able to fight king is unbelievable.

Robin wasn't out maneuvered by sugar she was turned into a toy by a df power just by touching her.

:lusalty: You mean he was kicking their asses and then they ran away and then nami and ussop attack them to bringing them back to the ground.

Do people not remember how this fight was, its two mean seeing who can endure each other attacks the longest ,franky wasn't trying to defend,use other weapons or to dodge this Is a bad example of franky fighting ability when he isn't going all out, also his not using general franky.
People need look at the details and the context more because this whole thing ignoring the context and details of the story.
You forgot the part where Franky was throwing strong attacks at them, and they just kept getting up……….