Future Events Sanji will never beat an Admiral and why Onigashima is proving it to us.

For many years, Sanji fans have lived in the delusion that one day, at the end of the series, Sanji would get to defeat a Navy Admiral, the highest power of the entire World Government, in a 1 on 1 fight.
However this is just delusion and nonsense and in this thread I will explain why it makes no sense for Sanji fans to have such ridiculously high hopes for their boy

1) The symbolysm is NOT here

Sanji fans often use color theme to argue that he will fight Kizaru, they're both "yellow" and both use kicks and yada yada.
However let's analyze Sanji and Kizaru to see whether this is true or not ...

-Sanji is "Black Leg" and "Steath Black"
-Kizaru is the "Yellow Monkey" and "Light man"

Their color theme don't match, Sanji being blonde does not make him "yellow", his color is BLACK and has always been BLACK since the very beginning of ONE PIECE

Furthermore Kizaru is NOT a kicker,
-Kizaru has only used kicks to defeat preskip Supernovas fodders;
-He doesn't kick Rayleigh
-He doesn't kick Marco
-He doesn't kick Whitebeard

And to finish, Kizaru is actually AKAINU's RIGHT HAND MAN whereas Sanji is not Luffy's right hand man at all, if anyone from the Straw Hat fights Kizaru, it would be Zoro

2) Sanji is already playing second fiddle to other characters

In Onigashima alone, Sanji is less relevant than : Luffy,Zoro,Kid,Law,Yamato and Killer.
That's 6 charactacters who have put Sanji in their shadow.
In an arc that doesn't even have half the casting that the final war vs the WG will have.

If Sanji already plays second fiddle to Kid,Law,Yamato,Killer what chances does he have to beat an Admiral over Luffy,Zoro,Dragon,Sabo,Kuzan or Garp (if they side with revos/Luffy) ? Literally NONE.

And that's not even accouting for the fact that the Wano characters will probably still feature in the final arc, or that Shanks and Teach could also possibly have a role in it.

3) Sanji can't beat someone equally as strong as Luffy's opponent

The Marines are not a YONKO CREW.
Admirals aren't Calamities.
Kizaru can give extreme difficulty to the fleet admiral Akainu who is one of Luffy's EoS fights.

Sanji has always been nothing but fodder to Luffy's opponent, Crocodile,Lucci,Enel,Moriah,Doflamingo,Katakuri,Kaido, Sanji can't compete with any off them.
There is no chance Sanji can defeat an Admiral who's comparable to Akainu aka Luffy's opponent, in a fight
Because Luffy >>> Sanji. ALWAYS

4) The thematic of Sanji character and why CP0 fits BEST as an opponent for him

Sanji has never been about power or becoming the strongest.
He's always been about being smart and mixing up intelligence with fighting prowess.
Mr Prince, boarding the ferry train, and now with the RAID SUIT, Sanji has everything that suits a perfect SECRET AGENT.
Sanji fighting the leader of CP0, in a duel of super agents, makes far more sense thematically than him fighting a nuclear weapon of a fighter in an Admiral.

It would also give closure to his Germa 66 arc, as Germa once worked with the WG and CP0 has intelligence on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t it used to be “Sanji won’t solo a Calamity” and now it’s “Sanji won’t beat an admiral.”

1. The character connection was made early in Ryokugyus character introduction.

Ryokugyus introduction was

1. Mentioning of Vegapunk - Sanji is connected to Vegapunk via MADS
2. Mentioning of Food - Ryo considers food to be a waste of time and hasn’t eaten in years
3. Mentioning of Woman - Ryo would only consider food worth while if a woman is to feed him.

Ryokugyu has the characterization for a Sanji opponent

2. The arc isn’t even over and you’re claiming he’s second fiddle

Wano isn’t even over so it’s way too early to claim the others importance over Sanji. Maybe you should watch the entire arc. Because currently Sanji is set to defeat one of Kaidos top individuals while Killer one of the people “overshadowing” him is going to fight Hawkins.

3. Sanji can’t beat someone on the level as Luffys opponent

So no straw hat besides Luffy is fighting an admiral? Zoro won’t fight one either because he’s never defeated an opponent same level as Luffys? Or Luffy just won’t fight Akainu which makes the most sense.

4. Robin and Jinbes characters fight Cp0 much more than any other straw hat.

CP0 guards the celestial dragons and their slaves. Robin and Jinbes characters are much more connected to this role

Sanji vs Ryokugyu is happening. Keep coping

1. Mentioning of Vegapunk - Sanji is connected to Vegapunk via MADS
2. Mentioning of Food - Ryo considers food to be a waste of time and hasn’t eaten in years
3. Mentioning of Woman - Ryo would only consider food worth while if a woman is to feed him.
Not the best example...
Now mentioning woman and food makes you Sanji's opponent? Ight then... Forced parallels? Where?
And Sanji being related to Vegapunk via MADS? Sanji doesn't even know what MADS is lol.

Sanji and zoro vs fujitora and greenbull.

kid is not fighting an admiral he’s fighting a gorosei member. People never learn though.

greenbull loves woman and hasn’t eaten in years. Sanji loves woman and hasn’t eaten. Oda seems to be building a zoro and sanji relationship between greenbull and fujitora which is for every opponent.

Kizaru is most likely a hypetool for Blackbeard.

Sanji beating the head of CP0 would likely be before the final war. I also doubt luffy will fight akainu the gorosei are there for a reason.

If zoro and sanji vs king and queen happens basically confirms once again it will be fujitora and greenbull vs zoro and sanji.

Luffy probably won’t beat akainu unless it’s before the final war.

my final war prediction

Zoro and sanji vs greenbull and fujitora

Luffy kid law koby and sabo vs gorosei

Not the best example...
Now mentioning woman and food makes you Sanji's opponent? Ight then... Forced parallels? Where?
And Sanji being related to Vegapunk via mads? Sanji doesn't even know what MADS is lol.
It’s a characters initial introduction and within a second they mention the things Sanji is most well known for, and you don’t think that’s a flag?

Sanji literally asked Queen about MADS?

Ohhh man, this thread is probably gonna age horribly.
This is similar to the "Sanji can't beat a YC right now" headcanon that used to spread in this forum until 2 months ago.
It's nothing compared to the "Zoro won't even meet Kaido".
Post automatically merged:

Luffy base version DR > AKAINU.
SANJI > KIZARU.
ZORO > FUJITORA.
You do realize that openings aren't canon right? It's a opening after all... Plus, Fuji is a good guy and he saw that Luffy and his crew ain't bad pirates so I do not see him opposing the SH, just like Aokiji.

It’s a characters initial introduction and within a second they mention the things Sanji is most well known for, and you don’t think that’s a flag?

Sanji literally asked Queen about MADS?
Yeah, he asked about MADS because he doesn't even know what MADS means, and thus, there is 0 relationship.
And don't act like Sanji is the only guy that likes food or woman.

Imo, I don't think he will. I believe that, aside from Akainu vs Luffy and Kizaru vs Zoro, Fujitora and Greenbull won't be fighting for the WG. We already know Fujitora's character and him fighting for the WG by the end against Luffy and co. really seems impossible. We know less about Greenbull but I believe he is close to Fujitora. I also saw a nice and very well detailed theory about the both of them ultimately not being enemies of the Strawhats. Maybe I'll try to find it again.

Still, it's still possible that Sanji does indeed fight an admiral and in this case Greenbull would be my candidate.

• Greenbull was introduced and the subject immediately went to food and women, two very strong links to Sanji.

• If Oda wants to, Sanji will be that strong. Right now, he is already fighting and will defeat a second commander. Regardless, if the author wants the fight to happen, Sanji will be at a proper/required level by the time of the event.

• You talk about a difference in strenght between Luffy's and Sanji's opponents and that's true. However, I believe FA Sakazuki (so post TS) has a bigger gap between him and the other admirals. Not because I want to downplay the other admirals (I fully support yonko ~ admirals) but because I think that it's possible that him specifically might be above that, as someone who has been written to fight Luffy in (likely) the endgame section of the story and by far one of his most relevant enemies, on every level.

Last edited:
Sanji and zoro vs fujitora and greenbull.

kid is not fighting an admiral he’s fighting a gorosei member. People never learn though.

greenbull loves woman and hasn’t eaten in years. Sanji loves woman and hasn’t eaten. Oda seems to be building a zoro and sanji relationship between greenbull and fujitora which is for every opponent.

Kizaru is most likely a hypetool for Blackbeard.

Sanji beating the head of CP0 would likely be before the final war. I also doubt luffy will fight akainu the gorosei are there for a reason.

If zoro and sanji vs king and queen happens basically confirms once again it will be fujitora and greenbull vs zoro and sanji.

Luffy probably won’t beat akainu unless it’s before the final war.

my final war prediction

Zoro and sanji vs greenbull and fujitora

Luffy kid law koby and sabo vs gorosei
It makes more sense for Zoro to fight Ghandi than to fight Fuji.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

It's nothing compared to the "Zoro won't even meet Kaido".

You do realize that openings aren't canon right? It's a opening after all... Plus, Fuji is a good guy and he saw that Luffy and his crew ain't bad pirates so I do not see him opposing the SH, just like Aokiji.

Yeah, he asked about MADS because he doesn't even know what MADS means, and thus, there is 0 relationship.
And don't act like Sanji is the only guy that likes food or woman.
it's easy to bait it, LOL.Don't get baited so easy man.

Imo, I don't think he will. I believe that, aside from Akainu vs Luffy and Kizaru vs Zoro, Fujitora and Greenbull won't be fighting for the WG. We already know Fujitora's character and him fighting for the WG by the end against Luffy and co. really seems impossible. We know less about Greenbull but I believe he is close to Fujitora. I also saw a nice and very well detailed theory about the both of them ultimately not being enemies of the Strawhats. Maybe I'll try to find it again.

Still, it's still possible that Sanji does indeed fight an admiral and in this case Greenbull would be my candidate.

• Greenbull was introduced and the subject immediately went to food and women, two very strong links to Sanji.

• If Oda wants to, Sanji will be that strong. Right now, he is already fighting and will defeat a second commander. Regardless, if the author wants the fight to happen, Sanji will be at a proper/required level by the time of the event.

• You talk about a difference in strenght between Luffy's and Sanji's opponents and that's true. However, I believe FA Sakazuki (so post TS) has a bigger gap between him and the other admirals. Not because I want to downplay the other admirals (I fully support yonko ~ admirals) but because I think that it's possible him specifically might be above that, as someone who has been written to fight Luffy in the endgame section of the story and by far one of his most relevant enemies, on every level.
I never understood why people think Fujitora won’t fight for the WG?

He’s going to stop the Revolutionary Army from saving a slave but they’ll allow Pirates to overthrow the world?

Not to mention protecting the World Government does fit with his sense of justice.

Fujitora had an issue with the World Government which was nearly immediately resolved and any reason to betray disappeared for now.

It’s like people think Smoker isn’t going to fight Luffy even though they have a respectful understanding.

It makes more sense for Zoro to fight Ghandi than to fight Fuji.
You think Gandhi is going to be a top tier comparable to admirals?

It would make more sense for Sanji's final fight in the series to connect back to his initial flashback of starving in his introduction than it would for Oda to connect it to his family introduced 20 years later.

Sanji's Germa arc begins and ends with Judge. Not the CP0 leader who isn't connected to his trauma at all.

I never understood why people think Fujitora won’t fight for the WG?

He’s going to stop the Revolutionary Army from saving a slave but they’ll allow Pirates to overthrow the world?

Not to mention protecting the World Government does fit with his sense of justice.

Fujitora had an issue with the World Government which was nearly immediately resolved and any reason to betray disappeared for now.

It’s like people think Smoker isn’t going to fight Luffy even though they have a respectful understanding.

The only Gorosei that I think that is quite strong is Ghandi, who also has a sword that looks like a Kitetsu.

I agree with this but for example if in this arc zoro fights king and sanji fights queen then it just seems like no matter what Oda will find a way to revert to formula.
I still think that Fuji respects Luffy and his crew so I don't rlly see him fighting Zoro, a guy who is in the same crew as Luffy. Plus, I hope that Ghandi's sword isn't just a flex