• Ivaanam who translated the second highest bounty confusion :
+ Aknolagon

• Now you like that sbs isn't it ?

Sbs :

From Franky is the father of the crew

To Jinbei Father of the crew

I like how you are going full damage controlu while Robin said :

Sanji is the PK wings

And you try to post ppl assuming things lmao He himself isn't sure and you try to make it 100%
Honestly I don't know why some of you have to be salty or ashame with the wings,bro just stop it it is referring that they are most trusted members not equal in strenght

its Robins response to Black Marias mocking.
she mocked the SH crew as a whole while referring to Sanjis supposed position on the crew and his weak performance.
Robin then tells her that Sanji is part of the team (wings or w/e analogy) that will make Luffy PK.

the statement only means that Sanji is a valuable member of the SH, just like anyone else.

Since you guys are reading and arguing based on this translation, you might want to know what the translator had to say about this at the end of the chapter, in the Chapter Notes :

Basically Robin is saying the exact same thing Oda did back in the SBS, and since she's refering to Sanji specifically, the translator called him "One of the Wings" to account for Zoro not being the focus of this particular piece of dialogue. Zoro is the other one.

Also, i honestly don't like the toxicity in the thread made to discuss this moment, with the very opening post starting with a premise that invites such toxicity by claiming that this is evidence for Sanji = Zoro in strength.

This does not prove that, let's be clear and honest with that.

Let's be clear with what it does prove as well though, and that's that Zoro and Sanji are exceptional within the crew and stand out above the rest

So no, it doesn't mean Sanji = Zoro. At least not when you narrow it down to just strength. Yes, it does mean that Zoro and Sanji > others.
I think, this fuels the Sanji is a Conquerer theory as well

B

Ballel

• Since you like your sandman a lot let's debunk ur shits :

• Sandman :
- A japanese native :
Zoro said he will slay / kill Kaido

• Stephen paul :
- a professional translator :
He didn't say that

Now let's see other translators :

• Redon :

+ Aknolagon

Sbs :

Sanji is the PK wings

And you try to post ppl assuming things lmao He himself isn't sure and you try to make it 100%
IT is still clear that both Sanji and Zoro aRe Luffy's top dogs.
The "wings" analogy is actually not even necessary

Again, translation is accurate.

Even in English, you'd say "Potato is my wings!"

You'd normally not say "Potato is my two wings!"

I've never once in my life seen the latter being used two describe a single person in comics or so, either. But that doesn't mean they're talking about potato and someone else if they say "Potato is my two wings!"

It's an odd way to put it, but claiming that it includes Zoro somewhere in the statement of SANJI being called two wings is completely nonsensical unless he is mentioned, as well.

The translation state up said that they did it because it seemed like a throwback to the Databook statement. Really far from proper reasoning.

By that logic, would you agree that Robin was simply calling Sanji the wings and nothing else if official translators say it as such? I'm fairly certain that's the conclusion they'd reach to- the people trying to refer to it as "One of the two wings" are really trying to stretch and twist entire wording.
It doesn't include Zoro specifically, he can just be infered via us recognizing him as the other person who would be most important to Luffy, as well as Oda literally using the exact same words to describe Zoro and Sanji before in an SBS.

What it does say, based on the translator of this chapter and sandman is that it implies Sanji being one of two who'd be worthy of being called the Pirate Kings Wings.

Basically either Zoro or Sanji can be called that individually or as a group.

Maybe it's like Yonko where it can be used for the group as well as any of them individually ?

Honestly I don't know why some of you have to be salty or ashame with the wings,bro just stop it it is referring that they are most trusted members not equal in strenght
Nah no shame there if Robin said sanji and someone else are the wings i'm arguing translations here since ppl like to add here out of their asses

IT is still clear that both Sanji and Zoro aRe Luffy's top dogs.
The "wings" analogy is actually not even necessary
Sanji and Zoro are both Luffy top men

No one denied that but don't try to make Robin claiming she said :

Zoro and Sanji are the wings of the PK

While she said

Sanji is the PK wings

Don't add out of ur ass for a character's statement

I would still wait for Stephen Paul translation to be sure, I think there's some misunderstanding.

From what I recall in the SBS 73 it was stated that both Zoro and Sanji compose Luffy's pair of wings.

While here in chapter 1019 to me it seems more like Sanji alone is called pair of wings and this scanlation to me it seems like it is trying to force a connection to volume 73 SBS

The wording used is 両翼 (as stated by sandman). It's Ryōyoku.

It's... really not that special of a text.

Something like: 鳥は両翼を広げた (Or, the bird spread its wings) can be stated commonly.

Titles such as "Akuma no Ryōyoku" are also very common. Casually using it as wings; it's one of the titles of Eyeshield 21 episodes, for example.

It literally just means two wings. It can be used to- and is generally used to describe 2 characters but that logic is ONLY viable if two characters are being stated and called that term. Otherwise it's just nonsensical lol... idk how Zoro is relevant to what Robin said when her entire thing was about calling Sanji "both wings".

I've also talked to bunch of Japanese speakers and they didn't call it anything special, either.

It's not a bad translation, at all. Even in English, you'd usually say "Potato is my wings!" and not "Potato is my two wings!". This is similar- the second one is a bit odd, but it's still about potato. Randomly shoving someone else into it makes no sense.
^^
Basically this

Last edited:
• Since you like your sandman a lot let's debunk ur shits :

• Sandman :
- A japanese native :
Zoro said he will slay / kill Kaido

• Stephen paul :
- a professional translator :
He didn't say that

Now let's see other translators :

• Redon :

+ Aknolagon

Sbs :

Sanji is the PK wings

So you are saying that Oda can make changes because he replaced Franky with Jimbe.

You are also saying that Oda did not change his stance on Zoro and Sanji because he is using the exact same wording in japanese both in the SBS from way back, as well as in the latest chapter.

So Oda's flexible but it's only one thing he's consistent with and adamant about

Wings of the Pirate King :myman:

I think, this fuels the Sanji is a Conquerer theory as well
I mean, Pirate King's top two men both having CoC seems more than reasonable :myman:

But i didn't really make this thread to argue that so i'd rather not derail the discussion, since i know there are lots around here who'd immediately jump to shit on that notion and argue for dozens of pages against it :milaugh:

i'm fairly certain that's the conclusion they'd reach to- the people trying to refer to it as "One of the two wings" are really trying to stretch and twist entire wording.
That's my problem with these dudes here , Oda already said this shit so we are having a good reasoning here but Robin said another words :
Sanji is the PK wings

Why you try to twist her words ?

Again :
Oda's opinion /=/ Robin's opinion

But some ppl here don't know that .

• If oda said this :
Sanji and Zoro are PK wings
That's Author opinion

• If robin said this :
Sanji is the PK wings

That's Robin opinion like any other character
( BM called sanji a laughing stock that's her opinion )

Why the fuck sanji stans going full mode retard trying to change the character's statement to fit their agenda?

You are also saying that Oda did not change his stance on Zoro and Sanji because he is using the exact same wording in japanese both in the SBS from way back, as well as in the latest chapter.

So Oda's flexible but it's only one thing he's consistent with and adamant about
So Sandman can't help u now ? :milaugh:

As what @Shanal posted give us where did Robin talk about Zoro while She was imagining and talking about sanji .

You are going full retard mode to push ur agenda

And it's still not necessarily a power level related matter.

As for instance Yamato will presumably tag along soon as a stronger asset than Sanji is.
If Yamato joins Sanji will just surpass Yamato :kayneshrug:

And naturally Zoro is and will remain stronger than Sanji, thus that much stronger than Yamato.

If the Sanji hate wasn't strong with some Zoro fans, they'd see that it's beneficial to give him credit since at the end of the day, whoever slides bellow Sanji, is sure to be that much weaker than Zoro :specialmeh:

I would still wait for Stephen Paul translation to be sure, I think there's some misunderstanding.

From what I recall in the SBS 73 it was stated that both Zoro and Sanji compose Luffy's pair of wings.

While here in chapter 1019 to me it seems more like Sanji alone is called pair of wings and this scanlation to me it seems like it is trying to force a connection to volume 73 SBS
It’s not a forced connection when the same kanji is written in the same context

B

Ballel

Stephen Paul is not the only person who understands Japanese. And I doubt he is a native speaker.