General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

Viz doesn’t really change anything as far as I can tell, it just seems its went for a very literal translation that misses out on the nuance of the word used for “wings” meaning two different people or things.

Probably because Sanji is the sole subject of the sentence. Robin saying “one of the wings“ is not really a one-to-one translation of what she says. She is only talking about Sanji, but the word used for wings seems to be something that always applies to two separate people or things.

Wings of the Pirate King is a cool thing to be called and I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating it being applied to Sanji and not Zoro as some kind of great victory for Zoro.
Feels like that actually, why would Robin make an excuse to include Zoro when he had nothing to do with the situation?

Curiously only Robin and Brook knows what Zoro and Sanji did on Thriller Bark

"Wings" could be the left or right, or the whole thing, i don't think she needed to specify "he is one of the wings", would feel kinda weird too

The faith some of you guys have in one translator to one language alone is outstanding.

Especially considering that the exact same wording in Japanese was used before to refer to Zoro and Sanji as a pair plus other official translations differing from Paul's plus all the explanations and context given by many other Japanese speakers (some native).

Wtf are you talking about. Sanjitards are by definition cult followers, literally all of yall are sheep with zero ability to have independent thought.

Zoro fans have no mob mentality at all, literally every single one of them have independent thought.
Sanjitards are like followers of Buddha you guys are followers of Satan hell bent on destroying world

The faith some of you guys have in one translator to one language alone is outstanding.

Especially considering that the exact same wording in Japanese was used before to refer to Zoro and Sanji as a pair plus other official translations differing from Paul's plus all the explanations and context given by many other Japanese speakers (some native).
yeah, i mean, you can't simply ignore the SBS like it means anything

Sanjitards are like followers of Buddha you guys are followers of Satan hell bent on destroying world
See differenence is Zoro fans are not followers, the idea of "Zoro fans" being grouped together doesn't even make sense because literally all of thrm have independent thought.

Cult behavior is prominent trait of Sanji fanbase and thank you for confirming it by saying they are followers of buddha

Who cares? It’s chapter 1020 for Christ sakes and y’all still at it with the delusional obsession over a fictional character. How many sanji and zoro threads are we going to get? Over a simple stupid word as “wings” y’all had a conversation with over one thousand comments.
Its childish Zoro fans that dont like the fact that Sanji is near Zoro in terms of power and revelance.

See differenence is Zoro fans are not followers, the idea of "Zoro fans" being grouped together doesn't even make sense because literally all of thrm have independent thought.

Cult behavior is prominent trait of Sanji fanbase and thank you for confirming it by saying they are followers of buddha
So much independent they all think in same line zkk and nothing else

Hey, @Rivaille for example was upset in the spoilers thread that only Sanji get's this recognition, so i'm reasuring all of my Zoro bros that it applies to him as well from the information available to us :kayneshrug:

Both were called "The Pirate King's Wings", and out of the two Zoro is stronger, so nothing to be salty about from me. Just giving due credit to Zoro as the other standout member of the SH crew :myman:
You misread me I the spoiler thread.

Sanji being called the wingS is honesty better this way. Sanji has his own statut within the crew :goyea: