General & Others Zoro vs Sanji is the most forced "rivalry" of all time

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
This does not prove Zoro is superior over Sanji.
Yeah, Zoro fighting a Calamity on the live floor alongside Sanji proves Sanji is Zoro level, but Zoro fighting two Yonko alongside Luffy and others doesn't mean anything somehow.

Sanji not making it to the roof had nothing to do with his strength or lack of strength by some people standards. Killer was on the roof too and now he is clashing with Hawkins.
I did not say Sanji is weak because he did not make it to the rooftop. While Oda separating Zoro and Luffy from Sanji does mean something, I don't use it to say Zoro is stronger than Sanji. I said Zoro has both rooftop as well as live floor feats, you gotta count both if you compare them in terms of strength.

Killer is owning Hawkings left and right btw. He may struggle now that Kid is being used as a hostage, that doesn't make Killer inferior to Hawkins though.

You say a rivalry does not necessary has to do with strength. That may be true with some rivalries but not Zoro and Sanji. They always try to outclass each other using their strength and combat abilities.
Yeah, using strength to dinosaurs that they both can one-shot certainly does prove they're equally strong. Comparing each other's bounties, order of arrival, and one-upping one another over petty insults certainly does require a great deal of strength and equality. Let me think of another instance where their strength played a role in the competition, oh yeah, they recently competed to save each other from their own opponents; that means equality.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing Sanji's rivalry with Zoro proves in regards to strength is that he is not weak enough for Zoro to ignore him akin to someone like Franky or Usopp. Lucci had a similar and more intense dynamic with Jyabura, and we know for a fact that Jyabura is less than half as strong as Lucci.

Zoro is stronger, but Sanji is a superiorly written character by any metric which makes Zoro lunatics seethe...
Most zorofans are bleach and dragonball tourists, who do not know anything about storytelling, and masturbate to power levels 24/7. So those dragonballtards - zorofans being so much into tiers, lose their shit when Sanji somewhat keeps up with him because of his modified genes or whatever.

Zoro is stronger, but Sanji is a superiorly written character by any metric which makes Zoro lunatics seethe...
Most zorofans are bleach and dragonball tourists, who do not know anything about storytelling, and masturbate to power levels 24/7. So those dragonballtards - zorofans being so much into tiers, lose their shit when Sanji somewhat keeps up with him because of his modified genes or whatever.
Nah it’s only the zorotards, they give actual zoro fans a terrible rep. Same for sanjitards. Extremists are always overwhelmingly biased and blind to the facts. Zorotards just happen to swarm this community unfortunately so that’s why it’s as bad as it is here

Yeah, Zoro fighting a Calamity on the live floor alongside Sanji proves Sanji is Zoro level, but Zoro fighting two Yonko alongside Luffy and others doesn't mean anything somehow.
It doesn't mean anything because It wasn't a MAIN FIGHT, It was just Oda who wanted to do worst gen vs Yonkos, but the main fights are what have major relevance of course.
Before Zoro vs King, how much people were saying Zoro can one-shot Queen and King? A lot.
How much people can still say that? No One, since even Queen made fun of Zoro's AP.
How much people thought "Zoro will be Injured and nerfed against King"?
While I was sure he would have somehow recovered to 100% and he's currently fighting BASE King to an equal ground.

I did not say Sanji is weak because he did not make it to the rooftop. While Oda separating Zoro and Luffy from Sanji does mean something, I don't use it to say Zoro is stronger than Sanji. I said Zoro has both rooftop as well as live floor feats, you gotta count both if you compare them in terms of strength.
Still, 100% health Zoro Is struggling against base King while base Sanji is fighting Hybrid Queen after being nerfed by Black Maria, after have fought against Queen for a while, then after have fought Queen and King together.

Yeah, using strength to dinosaurs that they both can one-shot certainly does prove they're equally strong.
Using strength to see who can k.o most men at fishmen Island doesn't prove that they're also rival in strength regard?

For like 95% of the manga, Zoro has had a greater bounty than Sanji. And not by a slight difference, but by an enormous difference.

60 millions to zero.
120 millions to 77 millions.
320 millions to 177 millions.

Also... this is DEFINTELY worth note. Lol.

Embarassing.
320 million and 170 million are huge differences

What about 320 million and 1.5 billion?

320 million, close to 170 million or 1.5 billion?:myman:

Lmfao

Zoro’s character goes over your head.

What makes Sanji a better written character is exactly ?

I've read this moronic argument said before by KOL fans, re-reading One Piece a bunch of times I'm telling you Zoro's character is well written even better than Sanji's.

Zoro and sanji's rivalry is one of the best written rivalry

Sanji not having a goal to be strong yet being as strong as he is just highlights his selfless nature, but zoro being slightly stronger is necessary in order to reward his efforts

Zoro wasn't meant to be luffy's equal, it was straight up stated by mihawk himself and by zoro in Fishmen island

Also what does popularity wise mean? Zoro is more popular, his popularity doesn't really mean anything to the story, the world's popularity poll that happened this year is one of the biggest bullshits in manga history, imagine having a popularity poll when an arc isn't even over and half the characters didn't get their shines yet, it's one of the many reasons carrot was ranked higher than ace and Yamato

If they did the poll again sanji would obviously have more votes, given how many fans are now realizing that sanji is neve gonna leave his spot in the monster trio, and Yamato would definitely be top 10
Post automatically merged:

Lmfao

Zoro’s character goes over your head.

What makes Sanji a better written character is exactly ?

I've read this moronic argument said before by KOL fans, re-reading One Piece a bunch of times I'm telling you Zoro's character is well written even better than Sanji's.
Sanji is better written as a character imo, it's simple because zoro doesn't have as much complexities as sanji, some consider more complex as better written

being rivals does not mean they have to be equal in strength
Your right.... However, Even in rivalries where the 2 are not Equal, Theres moments in the story where the weaker one gets the better of the other. Vegeta and Goku for example...... Theres not a single panel of Sanji getting the better of Zoro. And this is another issue with the rivals thing.... Rivals fight against each other in the story at least once or twice .