Break Week Toei animation Quality

How will you rate animation quality of wano arc compared to the previous arcs?

• Very good

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Good

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Bad quality :(

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Very bad :((

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
I said it before and i ll say it again. The anime is UNWATCHABLE. No matter how good the animation quality is, its pace its still horrendous. And that makes the episodes extremely boring. The last time i personally enjoyed watching it, was in marineford, 10 years ago.
They had pacing issues even back then but let guess "it was slow but now it even more slower" ether way you being a hypocrite lol

Guys what can you say about the quality of animation TOEI has been working on since wano arc? They have seemed to drop a lot compared to the animation in whole cake island arc. Ive noticed a poor quality of animation from the past episodes.
Bruh.
Wano is 100% better animated than WCI. Has more consistent and better animation highs, courtesy of the fact we aren't relying on the same three animator to deliver cool stuff.

I can say this confidently as someone who has been following the production side of the show for a while.
Post automatically merged:

Lets just hope they don’t fuck up that Sanji vs King Like they did that When Sanji dodged Katakuri
I think it should be okay. Its being animated by the guy who animated Ulti headbutting Luffy(as well as who animated Oden vs Whitebeard and Big Mum vs Kaido).

They actually commented that Soba mask is apparently the easiest character in Wano to draw.

They had pacing issues even back then but let guess "it was slow but now it even more slower" ether way you being a hypocrite lol
Nope, i am not. Marineford had no pace issues at all. Its animation quality wasnt perfect but it was much more enjoyable bc of its decent pace. Lets hope they wont fuck up the rooftop battle.

Nope, i am not. Marineford had no pace issues at all. Its animation quality wasnt perfect but it was much more enjoyable bc of its decent pace. Lets hope they wont fuck up the rooftop battle.
I mean, yes and no. Like, Marineford did have a lot of pacing issues with Buggy for one. Tons of really boring gags with him. This is not to say Wano currently doesn't have its gags, but I think stuff like the Brachio tank is more endearing than Buggy being a moron.

I mean, yes and no. Like, Marineford did have a lot of pacing issues with Buggy for one. Tons of really boring gags with him. This is not to say Wano currently doesn't have its gags, but I think stuff like the Brachio tank is more endearing than Buggy being a moron.
bro its still better than a minute of Kid assembling punk gibson.. arm thingi.
and the clash between ulti and luffy was so aggravatingly long you can't deny it.

the easiest solution to this is stick to the normal pacing, add anime only things and reintroduce anime endings.

basically do what you did with the Tobiroppo intro episode.. make things more lively rather than slow and banal

If didn't had pace issue you wouldn't say "decent pacing"
and the clash between ulti and luffy was so aggravatingly long you can't deny it.

the easiest solution to this is stick to the normal pacing, add anime only things and reintroduce anime endings.

basically do what you did with the Tobiroppo into episode.. make things more lively rather than slow and banal
"It still better" again just being a hypocrite "it was a lil slow but it even slower now" lol

.. at this rate wano will loose its glitter.. a war should be a turbulent ruckus.. not a quite, slow,monotonously long conglomerate of scenes.

If didn't had pace issue you wouldn't say "decent pacing"

"It still better" again just being a hypocrite "it was a lil slow but it even slower now" lol
sorry for my indulgence but this has been consistent now

i agree it has just been the case for few episodes now but still.. this isn't a good trend..

Last edited:
For me, buggy was much more enjoyable than watching a stupid batman throwing a million arrows for all eternity. In marineford these gags were much fewer and much funnier( at least most of them).

If didn't had pace issue you wouldn't say "decent pacing
"Decent pacing"

Decent: meaning: of an acceptable standard; SATISFACTORY.(oxford online dictionary).

Pacing: every story, movie, anime, etc... has pace. Without pacing there is no story.

So whats your point exactly?

For me, buggy was much more enjoyable than watching a stupid batman throwing a million arrows for all eternity. In marineford these gags were much fewer and much funnier( at least most of them).

"Decent pacing"

Decent: meaning: of an acceptable standard; SATISFACTORY.(oxford online dictionary).

Pacing: every story, movie, anime, etc... has pace. Without pacing there is no story.

So whats your point exactly?
"Acceptable standards" yea it base on how you feel not it need to be fast lol

I don't remember that arrow stuff being that long. I do remember the early stages of act 1 of Wano being very sort of eh though. Okobore town is a very noticable low point.

I think we're also just getting into the meat of Onigashima currently.

basically do what you did with the Tobiroppo intro episode.. make things more lively rather than slow and banal
I actually liked the Kidd assembly scene. That was really well done and cool. The problem was that the pay off wasn't that good. You had this really cool elaborate assembly scene, and then you had this sort of slow, dragging impact that had weird perspectives.

The Ulti clash went for slightly too long, but I think the pay off was decent in the end. If the pay off wasn't worth it, you'd have a point, but I think at the very least it was pretty enough to justify its length, though I would have liked a bit more movement in that struggle. I actually think the second half of that episode was pretty solid. The extended fight scene between Ulti and Luffy was pretty nice, and I enjoyed the character acting stuff with Ulti and Page one in the first half.

I mean, they could also extend recaps. That serves basically the same purpose.

Anime team actually put some effort into animation even with their limited time and budget.
I voted very good since i like anime Wano much more than the manga version.
Oh, just realized what the poll was about.

You can make comments about Wano adaptation wise and in comparison to other series, but animation wise, it is undoubtedly the best animated arc for a huge laundry list of reasons.

Like, its the best animated arc, and it doesn't really have any real competition.

Like, there was some cool stuff in WCI, but Wano is far more consistent, and has far more good animators being allowed to go buck wild.

You don't have episode like 914, 915(the Kaido fight), 925(the Page One fight), 932 and 933(Zoro vs Killer), 946(for some reason they decided to go buckwild animation wise in an episode predominantly made up of Big Mum chasing Luffy, and the brachio bomber), 956(first Ishitani episode), 960(first episode of Oden flashback), 966(Roger vs Whitebeard pirates), 971(Beginning of Oden vs Kaido), 972(rest of Oden vs Kaido), 878(Luffy/Kidd/Law blowing up that ship), and 982(second Ishitani episode) in any other arc really.