Powers & Abilities Who will get Jozu's fruit?

Saw this theory discussed in a RogersBase chapter reaction stream so credit goes to whoever in chat proposed it.

So we know Blackbeard's crew is hunting down Whitebeard's crew (obviously). We know Marco and Izo are fine but what about Jozu?
Don't think we can assume he's dead (yet) because I doubt Oda wouldn't cover him in some form or fashion and just kill him offscreen.
However, I do think he'll go at some point to the hands of BB's crew. In that case, who would get his fruit?
I wanna take it back to a quote Zoro had at some point (cannot remember where for the life of me, maybe after Mr. 1 fight?) But he mentioned wanting to be able to cut diamond ;) ;)
But then the obvious answer would be Shiryu right? Because who else would Zoro fight eventually? But that wouldn't work cuz he has Absolom's fruit.
So here's the kicker. What if Shiryu's SWORD ate the diamond fruit. That way Zoro would still be able to cut diamond and fight Shiryu in the end.

TBH we don't even know if weapons can intake Paramecia fruits (I don't think) But I personally really enjoy this theory wanna see what u guys' think.

Last edited:
God I love this idea.

I would have to guess Pizarro if anyone? He's been shown to have pretty crazy durability already so I could see the Diamond fruit being a shoe-in for him.
I like this, initally I thought Burgess since he never got Mera Mera and has kind of been like a second mate to BB since his intro (at least that's how I kinda saw him) but if anything I think Burgess is a more Sanji suited opponent.

I like this, initally I thought Burgess since he never got Mera Mera and has kind of been like a second mate to BB since his intro (at least that's how I kinda saw him) but if anything I think Burgess is a more Sanji suited opponent.
Honestly man, you're probably on the money with Burgess, too. Part of me thinks that Oda has bigger plans for him than the Diamond fruit. Alternatively he may even get killed off as the weak link of the BB pirates and Shiryu takes the 'first mate' spot in his place. And then Moria joins to fill the 10th slot in the crew
:wellwell:
I'm just daydreaming at this point though lmao

Honestly man, you're probably on the money with Burgess, too. Part of me thinks that Oda has bigger plans for him than the Diamond fruit. Alternatively he may even get killed off as the weak link of the BB pirates and Shiryu takes the 'first mate' spot in his place. And then Moria joins to fill the 10th slot in the crew
:wellwell:
I'm just daydreaming at this point though lmao
Hahaha true, I couldn't really see Oda killing him off but I do agree that Shiryu is rising in the ranks absurdly fast he's seeming more and more like a first mate. Definitely wasn't a good look for burgess when he failed to get Mera Mera, so maybe???

Also I think we can agree Moria is pretty much a crew member at this point.

Definitely wasn't a good look for burgess when he failed to get Mera Mera, so maybe???
If BB's crew is anything like the Rocks pirates, then there isn't really any room for failure. They're all hardened, oportunistic cutthroats - and if Burgess isn't pulling his weight then....

He did help them locate Baltigo though, so maybe his future isn't so dark. Fun to think about though, I can't wait until we get a more in depth look at their crew.

If BB's crew is anything like the Rocks pirates, then there isn't really any room for failure. They're all hardened, oportunistic cutthroats - and if Burgess isn't pulling his weight then....

He did help them locate Baltigo though, so maybe his future isn't so dark. Fun to think about though, I can't wait until we get a more in depth look at their crew.
Absolutely, love this take.

Honestly my thought was that Jesus would eat the Diamond Fruit since he would effectively be Blackbeard"s Jozu; a strong and loyal crewmate who could protect his captain in rough moments.

But I really like the idea of Shiryu's sword eating the Diamond fruit because he would be similar like Blackbeard fighting with two devil fruit. It would be incredible watching Zoro fighting a swordsmen with two devil fruit while he is using COA and COO to their limits to defeat Shiryu. A fitting battle between two First Mates and swordsmen.

But Jesus would still be left out and really needs a powerup to keep up. So I think that Blackbeard betrays or foils Kuzan's plans then he can kill him and steal the Hie Hie no mi. Burgess would get a logia fruit like the Mera Mera no mi and get a huge powerup. This can make him a suitable opponent for Sanji because Burgess eating the fruit late in the game would make him inexperienced in using the devil fruit but still be a powerful crewmate. This to me would even out the odds for Sanji who could contend with a Logia powered Jesus.

Saw this theory discussed in a RogersBase chapter reaction stream so credit goes to whoever in chat proposed it.

So we know Blackbeard's crew is hunting down Whitebeard's crew (obviously). We know Marco and Izo are fine but what about Jozu?
Don't think we can assume he's dead (yet) because I doubt Oda wouldn't cover him in some form or fashion and just kill him offscreen.
However, I do think he'll go at some point to the hands of BB's crew. In that case, who would get his fruit?
I wanna take it back to a quote Zoro had at some point (cannot remember where for the life of me, maybe after Mr. 1 fight?) But he mentioned wanting to be able to cut diamond ;) ;)
But then the obvious answer would be Shiryu right? Because who else would Zoro fight eventually? But that wouldn't work cuz he has Absolom's fruit.
So here's the kicker. What if Shiryu's SWORD ate the diamond fruit. That way Zoro would still be able to cut diamond and fight Shiryu in the end.

TBH we don't even know if weapons can intake Paramecia fruits (I don't think) But I personally really enjoy this theory wanna see what u guys' think.
zoro cut kaido
diamond is no longer needed to cut

Honestly my thought was that Jesus would eat the Diamond Fruit since he would effectively be Blackbeard"s Jozu; a strong and loyal crewmate who could protect his captain in rough moments.

But I really like the idea of Shiryu's sword eating the Diamond fruit because he would be similar like Blackbeard fighting with two devil fruit. It would be incredible watching Zoro fighting a swordsmen with two devil fruit while he is using COA and COO to their limits to defeat Shiryu. A fitting battle between two First Mates and swordsmen.

But Jesus would still be left out and really needs a powerup to keep up. So I think that Blackbeard betrays or foils Kuzan's plans then he can kill him and steal the Hie Hie no mi. Burgess would get a logia fruit like the Mera Mera no mi and get a huge powerup. This can make him a suitable opponent for Sanji because Burgess eating the fruit late in the game would make him inexperienced in using the devil fruit but still be a powerful crewmate. This to me would even out the odds for Sanji who could contend with a Logia powered Jesus.
Would be nuts if something like that were to happen with Kuzan, curious of his setup regardless. Likely a SWORD thing tho imo.

Irony with the logias is too good.

Also idk if he would really have any learning curve with the fruit. We saw with BB and the Gura Gura he basically used it instantly (could've been cuz he was around WB and observed though) Also ice fruit just seems broken like instantly.