General & Others Why didn't you like WCI?

The Cake from Sanji didn't had the impact it was hyped before. Heck even Capone was so confident it would knock off Big Mom so that he didn't poison it...
But what happened? She regain her sanity and was able to go after the Germa and Fishmen (we still dont know what happened to them).

Sanji even duplicated his panels for the hype effect.

Last edited:
-I’m not the biggest Sanji fan but what Oda did to him was nasty. Luffy got two fights against YC but Sanji had just some clashes.
Sanji vs Oven could’ve been a great fight.

- Flampe was extremely annoying

- Big Mom was annoying

- The Wedding Cake plot was boring and annoying

WCI showed the strengths but also the biggest weaknesses of OP.

Big mom turning into big meme, sanji marrying a 16 yo girl, being a big ass plot arc when the sh's absolutely should have died, sanji not getting a big fight in his own personal arc, half the crew gone, drawn out a little is just a a few for why I didn't like it. Like everyone wanted wano we were set up to go to fight kaido in zou, PH, and dressrosa but then WCI comes out of left field.

Thr weeding cake part was an utter crap. Out of all character in One piece, I somehow feel that BM is horribly written by Oda. Even until recently with Motherly mode and what? She spoke of moral? Come on man.

personally i like WCI better than wano because it FOCUSED on StrawHats
but oda treatment on sanji in WCI is Super CRAP plus the WEEEEDING CAKKKEEEE BIG MEME really Destroyed her reputation as Yonko :lawsigh:
bobbin got nerfed ,for someone who burning entire island i expected bobbin fight :kriwhat:
luffy vs katakuri looks good tho if the annoying flampe get rid of the fight could been better :ultimoji:

I don't like WCI arc that much because of some BS "fillers"... The arc can be shortened or at least reduce the focus with unnecessary stuffs like BM eating panels of her screaming, and increase the more important ones like Sanji and others' preparation of the cake... Aside from the lack of some elements and impact to other characters... Why is Pound still alive? Why not kill Carrot as well? The arc doesn't impact Chopper and Brook... The cake's adverse effects wasn't shown and that makes the cake useless since it only regenerated BM... Sun Pirates were only injured, how?

But you know, that's nothing compared to the fact that Oda decided not to give at least a single Haki to other SHs post timeskip...

So I can say that it's also an overhated one, there are lots of good moments and elements in the story as well... I appreciate Oda giving Sanji a highlight and reminding fans that he's a cook more than a fighter... I also appreciate Oda's characterization of Jinbe... And also giving Nami a highlight as the internal captain of the crew and as one of the 2 guiding forces of Luffy throughout their journey...

I liked it, the only problem for me was the cake part, because while everyone was fighting for their lives, the main character of the arc was baking a cake that looks cheap because it doesn't have any real difficulty in the process. Oda should have shown Sanji fighting someone relevant while the cake was baking, two or three chapters would be enough for that.

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
WCI is fine; there were some shit moments and also great moments like Katakuri VS Luffy, but people expected way too much out of it which resulted in disappointment.