Character Discussion Prior to Kaido should Oda have had Zoro fight someone who was superior to him?

Should Oda have made Zoro fight someone who was superior to him?

• Total voters
Zoro already tank 2 yonko attack isnt that enough?
Now its time for the real battle.
But i cant imagine how zoro v king will ended.
Looking by zoro condition that nerved by gettimg 2x damage he receive, a little damage he got from king will surely make him suffering.
And if in this arc best opponent zoro can get only king, its kinda ruins the story of zoro ancestor ryuuma the dragon slayer.
Oda little by little flash back a story that shadowing about zoro father n grandfather.
And i still believe from this arc zoro will take shisuui and enma together. Which will boost his power significantly.

If we're being honest, the struggle & growth Luffy went through should've been applied to each strawhat.

Give Zoro Usopp Robin and Franky the same treatment as Luffy in Dressrosa

Give Nami Brook Chopper & Sanji ( via family drama + bmps ) in Whole Cake Island

Then give them their onigashima fights & that would've flowed better.

However it's clear that fights are Odas weak points when it comes to his story. If he gave them the same amount of effort as his actual world building & lore then we'd have a different kind of fight going on. A fight where we're invested in the strawhats struggles.

That's why I think Zoro vs King after Kaido is stupid.
Oda doing it that way only hurts King more, also considering how it's Jack & Ulti that have been the most proactive beast pirate. Not showing King do anything is just as bad as Oda not using Smoothie in WCI because nobody on the alliance side could even hope to fight her.

Yes Zoro going from basically fodder to top 20 in the world is not satisfying.

For a character who’s goal is the strongest, for us the reader to not witness the biggest chunk his journey is disappointing.

Yes Zoro going from basically fodder to top 20 in the world is not satisfying.

For a character who’s goal is the strongest, for us the reader to not witness the biggest chunk his journey is disappointing.
+ not even having a Samurai worthy Samurai contesting him in the Country that basically revoles are Samuria/Swordsmen.

T

Tyronejenkins

The story isn't about Zoro and I'm glad it is the way it is. The world building is far more interesting than the fights and Odas powerscaling was never logical to begin with. One piece is not a fight manga, it's an adventure manga.

Zoro is just gonna get whatever boost is necessary to deal with the obstacles of the plot and if Oda focused too much on the power level, the overall story would lose focus and start to suck, not to mention it would probably be far too long. Keep Zoro's fights very short and take up little space.

That's why I think Zoro vs King after Kaido is stupid.
The only way to get focus in the final battle is to defeat all stars n noobiropo. After that kaido can defeated, but is it too smooth for zoro if after defeat king. He help defeat kaido? Or even he score the last hit like his grandpa?