Best Deuteragonist Tournament Round 1 Bracket 3

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
IMPORTANT: I WILL NOT COUNT VOTES FROM THOSE WHO DO NOT VOTE FOR EACH FIGHT. ALSO IF I SEE OR NOTICE SOME SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY THAT ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

In this round in this thread we will have 6 deuteragonists, which means 3 fights.

Vote in the poll, share your thoughts and state who you voted for.
YOU MAY VOTE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU ARE IN THIS ROUND.
Vote for each round, the winners of each fight will advance.

FIRST FIGHT

Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa is the swordsman of the Strawhat pirates, and the first member recruited by Luffy. His dream is to become the world's strongest swordsman. And to that end, he trains everyday to achieve it. As a member of the Strawhats, Zoro embarks on a journey which would see him and his friends meet various people and overcome new foes. With strength and will power that rivals his captain, Zoro stands shoulder to shoulder with Luffy, as his personal ambitions and desires evolve to safe keep those of his captain.

Accompanying scene.

VS

Morpheus from Matrix
Morpheus. He's a leader of humanity. He's a beacon of courage in the face of danger and difficulty. Most importantly, he's a true believer in "The One" when those around him are full of doubt and skepticism. Morpheus' faith in Neo as The One is so strong and so consistent that even when Neo proves to be less than perfect, he is willing to die so Neo can meet his destiny. Morpheus never sought glory; he only gained satisfaction in knowing that he helped Neo become the man of prophecy that he was destined to be. Without that fateful phone call, without that meeting to decide between the red or blue pill, without his conviction in teaching the truth, the Neo we know and love today would cease to exist. Morpheus only showed him the door, but it was ultimately Neo's choice if he wanted to walk through it.

SECOND FIGHT

Kamina from Gurren Lagann
Synopsis:
Kamina is the founder, first-leader of Gurren Brigade and the deuteragonist of Gurren Lagann. He's extremely determined, charismatic,fearless, always take insane actions, has a certain amount of arrogance(but he deserves that) and always try to get the best from his friends. He's the moral compass and ideal image to Simon(the protagonist) and is the top figure to the rest of main core.

Briefly summarizing of his story:
-Kamina born and lived, like the rest of humanity, in the underground of Earth. One day his father called him to arrive the surface, but Kamina was afraid and make a promisse that one day, when he became a strong man, he would follow his father on a great adventure. His story it's simple, but it perfectly translates humanity's yearning for freedom.

-When Kamina mets the protagonist(Simon), he manages discover his great potential and decides to drag him into his group. With that, they reach the surface and starts exploring.
Simon it's introvert and doesn't has self-confidence, but Kamina helps him in the right way, not putting him under his protection, but fighting side by side and speaking great quotes like:
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you"

-Along the journey, Kamina gains a legion of followers and manages to create a Brigade. But here's the interesting thing, during the first part of the series, we always see him through the eyes of the protagonists as an invincible leader, someone capable of anything.

-However, as a spectator, we know that Kamina was once insecure and fearful. However, because of his position as a leader, even in brief moments of hesitation, his posture had to remain unshakeable. Also, he knew from the beginning that he wasn't the chosen one, but even with that he carried the dreams and hopes of humanity on his back, because he was the only one capable of doing that before the protagonist arrives his mature.
His last quote to Simon perfectly summares that:
"Don't believe in me that believe in you, don't believe in the you that believes in me, believe in youserlf who believes in you".
Now, you don't need me anymore, it's time to hold your own responsabilitys and take your way.
Kamina helped, protected, taught and left a great legacy to Simon. That's why i think he's the best deuteragonist.
MY FAVE SCENES

VS

Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho
Hiei
(Flying Shadow) (also known as Jaganshi Hiei Master of the Evil Eye: Flying Shadow), is a main character in the anime and manga series YuYu Hakusho.

Hiei prefers to keep his distance from others, so he often comes across as aloof and elusive. He has a rather cynical and even misanthropic view of the world around him, often belittling and mocking humans and their emotions and the significance they place on friendship and life. And while he is relatively taciturn, he occasionally squabbles with and insults his teammates, especially Kuwabara. It is obvious that deep down he holds a certain amount of respect and kinship for his teammates, but seems to be closest to Kurama and Yusuke. While he holds an affinity of kinship towards demons, this goes as equally far as his preference for humans, despising weaker demons, including braggarts and "tourists" who lack impetus for a degree of respect from him.

As a fighter, Hiei is very unbiased when it comes to his enemies. He shows the same degree of ruthlessness to his foes - regardless of age or gender. This is seen when he terrorizes Ruka and the Masked-Fighter with threats of death as his power is returning. According to Kurama, however, he has an honor code that prevents him from going all out against an opponent he perceives as weaker than himself. In battle, Hiei has killed the most opponents on the team- often making good on a threat he made at the outset. He is also phenomenally arrogant, and has a tendency to underestimate his opponents; this was noted to be one of his greatest weak points, which people such as Genkai were very aware of, that lead to Hiei's defeat against Yลซ Kaitล's Power of Taboo. Apparently, this later invoked heavy irony as Hiei mocked Yusuke for being able to defeat Toguro, yet was able to get easily captured by humans, only for Hiei to experience the same result which was contradictory to Yusuke's expectations. Despite belittling Kuwabara's intelligence at every opportunity he gets, he himself is not a terribly cerebral fighter. His basic tendency in battle is to charge in at full power and simply overwhelm his opponent. However, he can still be quite a clever combatant when the situation calls for it. However, he shows a surprising degree of sincerity, warmth, and protectiveness when around Yukina.

It is made clear in both the anime and the manga that he holds the demoness Mukuro in high esteem, perhaps higher than any other character. He respects her for her power and accomplishments. At the end of the series, there is clearly a bond between them, as it is made clear that its by his choice that he remains at her side. He also goes out of his way to free her from her past, breaking her shackle in the anime and delivering her abusive father to her as a birthday present in the manga.

Hieiโ€™s family back story is full of abuse and suffering. It paints how grim the fates of demons can be. Because of his past, he can be spiteful towards humans who, in his eyes, grow up with love and friendship. Despite this, Hiei is capable of love and care as evidenced by his protectiveness towards Yukina, his twin sister, and his teammates.

He is one character that I feel distanced from because of his background story and initial temperament. Yet, he is consistently one of the top popular characters among Team Urameshi and in YYH.

His positive change from a vengeful individual to a more caring and protective one seems to foreshadow the change of the Demon World at the end of the series. I wonder if Togashi had planned for the parallel.

Hiei prefers to work on his own agenda, and has a notorious reputation in Demon World as a killer even when he was a D Class demon. Despite this, deep down he has struggled with his identity as a loner and his abandonment.

Hiei comes off as an arrogant person mainly because of his prowess as a fighter. Since, he has been winning most of his fights, he has little respect for demons weaker than him. He is extremely tactical in fighting his opponents and always has several plans to follow whenever facing an opponent.

He is not really interested in being friends with other people apart from a few like Kurama mainly because he doesnโ€™t associate much with other people. Being alone most of the time probably led to him being this way.

Life lessons from Hiei
Even though, one might think of Hiei as a ruthless assassin, there are certain things that we can learn from him.

Do whatever you can to reach your goal
Hiei goes to extreme lengths to meet his objectives. This is eminent from the fact that he undertook the Jagan operation which was extremely painful. The fact that he went through such an ordeal speaks volumes about his character. He knew getting the Jagan implant was essential for him and this shows us that he was willing to do whatever was right for him to reach his goal.

Obviously, you have to weigh the pros and cons of every decision that you take. You must know what are the things that you will be giving up to obtain your goal. If what you get in return is more than what you are willing to give up, then you should probably go for your goal, otherwise not.

Also, at times you may realise that your goal is not what you are really looking for. During those times, it is absolutely fine to change your path.

Stick to your principles
The fact that Hiei does not tell Yukina about him being her brother because of his oath to Shigure shows that he is a man of principle. He has boundaries and is not willing to cross them. In life, it is important to set limits and have principles.
MY FAVE SCENES

THIRD FIGHT

Katsuki Bakugo

Bakugo Katsuki - aka - Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight

Bakugo is easily one of the most amazing characters in Boku no Hero Academia.
He is a character who would not strike as heroic or likeable in the first instance. He's too proud, ambitious, disrespectful and malicious. But he's also the one who has the best character development in all of the series - coming from being a bully to a genuine and reliable friend. Look at his interactions with Deku, Kirishima, All Might and other classmates. He's transformed to a team player.

Bakugo's childhood friends gave him the nickname "Kacchan". The other boys always looked up to Bakugo because of his energy, confidence, and natural talents. Because of this praise, Bakugo developed a rather arrogant and self-inflated view of himself. I think the reason why Bakugo grew up to be what he is can be contributed to the environment. Everyone supported him and he was born with a strong quirk. He was a natural leader and he was spoilt to the extent he became a bully. But he has matured and he is not the same. He has learnt from his mistakes and he is trying to be a good human being - in his own way.

Bakugo always admired All Might when he was young because the number one hero would always win against the adversaries. Once Bakugo developed his Quirk, his aggressive tendencies transformed into heinous bullying. He was constantly praised for his powerful Quirk and other talents. As a result of this, he developed a twisted superiority complex as a young child.

Bakugo is made to be a fully offensive fighter by collecting the nitroglycerin-like sweat coating his palms and hurling fiery bombs in quick succession at his opponents. Bakugo's Quirk allows him to secrete nitroglycerin-like sweat from the palms of his hands and ignite it on command, allowing him to create strong explosions. The more Bakugo sweats, the stronger his explosions become.
Bakugo has a strong grasp on the applications of his Quirk, something that was acknowledged by Best Jeanist, a top Pro Hero; not only can Bakugo use the explosions for attacking, he can also use them to propel himself and navigate through the air at high speeds, allowing him to fly at his opponents without giving them time to react, as well as evade incoming attacks, even while in the air. The shockwave from an explosion can even be used as a shield.

Bakugoโ€™s attitude can be interpreted as a cruel way to show respect toward his childhood friend. It not only shows us Bakugoโ€™s vulnerability and flaws, but his desire to improve and become a better hero. In the story, he's the one who's always inspiring Deku to be more strong. He himself aims to be the number one hero and he's even mellowed down to a level where he recognises Deku as a probable rival and also provides his support.

During the U.A. Sports Festival Fighting Tournament in which Bakugo battles Uraraka Ochako, Bakugo never pulled back his punches and never underestimated Urarakaโ€™s abilities. Despite how the spectators discouraged him, Bakugo didnโ€™t hold back. He chose to focus and remain cautious on the battlefield out of respect for Uraraka and how she was able to make it to the semi-final round of the school tournament. While people would think that he was too rough with her and should have shown restraint, he's the person who gave respect to her. Uraraka was strong herself and she definitely didn't need anyone's pity. While this treatment might seem harsh to people, but he did what would be the right thing to do.

Being a part of the hero course, Bakugo experienced a lot of troubles with his classmates, including fighting villains who infiltrated their school to being kidnapped by the League of Villains, Bakugo was able to redefine for himself about what a villain is. Bakugo seems to be the closest to Kirishima and it was shown in the Bakugo rescue arc where he recognises him as his "friend".

Conclusion:
If we look at similar relationships in anime, such as the classic rivalries between Pokemonโ€™s Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak or Naruto's Naruto Uzumaki and Uchiha Sasuke , then itโ€™s clear that there is another character example for the familiar deuteragonist mold. Having characters like Bakugo overcome their internal conflict to become the best reflection of themselves is equally interesting to watch. Bakugo may need more work on his talking skills but he wouldnโ€™t be quite as interesting without his flaws.

VS

Joshua Bright from Trails in the sky
Joshua Bright
Cassius Bright, brought Joshua Bright (Astray) with him and his daughter Estelle Bright, after Joshua failed to assassinate Cassius on the order of Ouroboros. When Joshua and Estelle turned 16 they both joined the Bracer guild as junior Bracers, which Cassius was a part of. This would start the journey of Joshua facing his dark past.

After a tragic event that left Joshuaโ€™s sister dead and Leonhardt(Loewe) his sisterโ€™s boyfriend to take care of him, Joshua couldnโ€™t overcome his grief and trauma, so Leonhardt decided he and Joshua would join the Society of Ouroboros since they could help Joshua. After joining Ouroboros he became a child assassin for the society.

During his stay with Cassius and Estelle he eventually grew close to both of them and over time gained feelings for Estelle. After remembering everything from his past, and learning he was being secretly used by Ouroboros to gain knowledge, he decided he didnโ€™t want to bring Estelle and the company they have gained on their journey into facing his past, so he decided to abandon them and take off on his own. Eventually after persistence of Estelle and the group he rejoins them.

Joshua Bright's personality is that of a tortured soul, because of the events of his childhood and because of the regrets of his actions during his time as part of the Ouroboros. He is intelligent and calculating. He comes off as distant and dark but he is actually very kind and caring of his companions.

The complexity of his past and personality makes him the most enjoyable character in the game/anime. Joshua is also a major player in the main character Estelleโ€™s character development and growing from the naive and careless girl she was at the start of the story to the mature and wise character she ends up as at the end of the second chapter.

Scene:

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
โ€Ž
Fuck, an amazing character like Morpheus is gonna lose because people think Zoro is a deuteragonist.
Unlucky.

And that third fight....damn...hard.
But "The Black Fang" takes it. BESTELLE STILL BEST CHARACTER, THOUGH (after her father).
Post automatically merged:

Why didn't Morpheus got this scene as well?
"You think that's air you're breathing right now?:kata:"

Fuck, an amazing character like Morpheus is gonna lose because people think Zoro is a deuteragonist.
Unlucky.

And that third fight....damn...hard.
But "The Black Fang" takes it. BESTELLE STILL BEST CHARACTER, THOUGH (after her father).

Why didn't Morpheus got this scene as well?
"You think that's air you're breathing right now?:kata:"
One of the best characters of all of science fiction

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
@Enryu you gotta vote for each 'fight' in the poll and chose one from each fight, otherwise I can't count your vote.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
When it comes to deuteragonist, it seems a lot of it is based on personal preference :choppawhat:

For Yuyu Hakusho I would have picked Kurama
Well I am not familiar with YuYu Hakusho, but based on what I read from the synopsis, it seems this Hiei guy can very well be the deuteragonist.

Zemmi

GodMommie
โ€Ž
Well I am not familiar with YuYu Hakusho, but based on what I read from the synopsis, it seems this Hiei guy can very well be the deuteragonist.
I'm not saying he isn't important but just saying many series have equally important characters that would fit the bill instead of just one. I could make a case for both, but I would be Kurama because he is my personal favorite, and ahs teh most sexiest fight in the series :milaugh:

Edit: Look at the typos, I'm not changing them. I am gonna own them.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Is Yu Yu Hakusho good? I've heard it being praised before, and have heard it's done by the same author as HxH, though admittedly, I haven't read HxH as well, but I have heard many praising it, but also many saying it's somewhat overrated.

and ahs teh most sexiest fight in the series
:watchout:
Lewd.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
โ€Ž
I'm not saying he isn't important but just saying many series have equally important characters that would fit the bill instead of just one. I could make a case for both, but I would be Kurama because he is my personal favorite, and ahs teh most sexiest fight in the series :milaugh:

Edit: Look at the typos, I'm not changing them. I am gonna own them.
Against the bomb dude?